NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Luis Garcia (WAS INF) 2022 Outlook

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Chisholm guy here. Not happy to be here but I am. Probably gonna give this dude a wack. 

He is not a bad choice at all. Breakout potential.

• Like 1

He's hit 5th in the order for 7 of his last 8 games which is so much better than the bottom where he had been.  While his BA has been great (.340 over his last 25 games)  there haven't been a lot of counting stats to go with it.   Over those same 25 (97 ABs) he has a 12/2/11/0 stat line.  Prorated over 600ish ABs that projects to a 72 R, 12 HR, 66 RBI, 0 SB season.  Granted, with a .340 avg.   The sample is smallish, but unless the ratios grow he's only going to provide a plus BA and nothing else.   With his plate discipline (1 BB vs 16 Ks over that span) there's a legit question of how sustainable the BA is.   I'd monitor, but I'm not rushing to add him at this point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dicka24 said:

He's hit 5th in the order for 7 of his last 8 games which is so much better than the bottom where he had been.  While his BA has been great (.340 over his last 25 games)  there haven't been a lot of counting stats to go with it.   Over those same 25 (97 ABs) he has a 12/2/11/0 stat line.  Prorated over 600ish ABs that projects to a 72 R, 12 HR, 66 RBI, 0 SB season.  Granted, with a .340 avg.   The sample is smallish, but unless the ratios grow he's only going to provide a plus BA and nothing else.   With his plate discipline (1 BB vs 16 Ks over that span) there's a legit question of how sustainable the BA is.   I'd monitor, but I'm not rushing to add him at this point.

The average is not sustainable at all in my opinion. I’m not really happy about owning him tbh but I’m dealing with injuries and the wire is slim. He will have to do.

• Like 1

He has a .9% walk rate. 

I will say that again. 

He has a .9% walk rate (no I did not accidently include the decimal).

Not sure the power will be coming and we know he isn't a speedster.  The day he his batting average drops under .310 I am done.

Two home runs in 107 AB.

• 3 weeks later...