NBC Sports EDGE Forums

June 2022 Closer Thread

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

And may they keep him on that list the rest of the season.  Let it be that they finally Old Yeller'ed him and put him -- and us -- out of our collective misery.

As for Dany Jimenez he pitched 0.2 innings and blew a save apparently yet has a +1 in my Save+Hold column on Yahoo.  Can someone explain this to me I only have that stat to go by so just guessing what happened?

ha. so true, hopefully barnes is dunzo for the year.  jiminez had no control and was walking everyone. I believe he left with the lead still in tact 3-1 which is a hold, but with the bases loaded, and the RP after him (Selman) let in all his runs blowing the save.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Jiminez.  Yikes.

Was all over the place with his command.  Got hit hard.  Pulled after he walked a batter home, then the next guy allowed every single runner to score.  A really terrible outing.  He's been so good, I'll just chalk this up to not having it for a day.

Last 2 out of 3 outings, he has given up 3 runs vs TEX & 4 vs HOU, with both being losses. And the other outing, he gave up the lead, but ended up with the win, with OAK coming back. Does OAK stay with him or should we be worried he has lost the job?

11 hours ago, marble_donut said:

Should I be planning ahead of time for Gregory Soto to get traded before the deadline?

I want Clase to be traded to a team that gets save opps

On 6/1/2022 at 2:15 PM, marble_donut said:

Should I be planning ahead of time for Gregory Soto to get traded before the deadline?

I don't think so. He's only 27 and not a free agent until 2026. Tigers have been a disappointment, but they're still young and should be more competitive over the next 3 years.

• Like 1

Tanner Scott?

Miami Marlins pitcher Tanner Scott struck out two over a scoreless inning to earn the save in Thursday's 3-0 win over the San Francisco Giants. He entered the game in the ninth inning to protect a 3-0 lead. The 27-year-old needed 14 pitches to retire the side and record his second save of the year. He owns a 5.12 ERA, 1.40 WHIP, and 29 strikeouts over 19 1/3 innings in 2022. Fantasy managers desperate for saves can take a flier on Scott as he could see save chances with Anthony Bender (back) on the 15-day injured list.--Brad Camara - RotoBaller