NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade for CMC, D-Henry or Ekeler?

Hi guys

I'm in a 10 team ESPN 0.5 PPR league - 2 QB. We keep 4 players for a max of 2 seasons. After those 2 seasons, you can either trade the guy for another player or let them back into the next season draft. Prior to the draft, the commish lists all the "expiring" guys so teams can try and work out deals.

So, I have my 3 players set for my keepers, and I'm looking to upgrade the 4th.

I currently have Mahomes and Josh Allen for 1 more year, and I have D'Andre Swift for 2 seasons. I have some great depth as well for possible trade options with Tyreek Hill, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, Elijiah Mitchell, Rashard Penny

There are 2 owners that have high potential guys

One owner has CMC and Ekeler that are expiring. Another owner has Derrick Henry. 

Which player would you try and target in a deal?

And, would packaging Chubb and Tyreek be too much in a deal?

thanks

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Hi guys

I'm in a 10 team ESPN 0.5 PPR league - 2 QB. We keep 4 players for a max of 2 seasons. After those 2 seasons, you can either trade the guy for another player or let them back into the next season draft. Prior to the draft, the commish lists all the "expiring" guys so teams can try and work out deals.

So, I have my 3 players set for my keepers, and I'm looking to upgrade the 4th.

I currently have Mahomes and Josh Allen for 1 more year, and I have D'Andre Swift for 2 seasons. I have some great depth as well for possible trade options with Tyreek Hill, Nick Chubb, Damien Harris, Elijiah Mitchell, Rashard Penny

There are 2 owners that have high potential guys

One owner has CMC and Ekeler that are expiring. Another owner has Derrick Henry. 

Which player would you try and target in a deal?

thanks

Question before I can answer - if you trade for a guy that is expiring (from another team) he doesn't go back in the draft? It starts a new 2-year deal where you can keep them for 2 seasons?

EDIT - also can you trade draft picks and if so does it happen often?

Edited by Big Nate

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

I think that to some extent you don't really care even if you pack your entire team in the deal, given that they'll go back into the pool anyway. 

On the other hand, I don't see why you wouldn't upgrade both Chubb and Swift. If you would feel happier with say Ekeler + Henry, then I'd package Hill + 1 of Chubb/Swift for Henry, and the other with Mitchell plus Harris (and throw in some cheerleaders while you're at it) for Ekeler.

Edited by Boudewijn

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

Question before I can answer - if you trade for a guy that is expiring (from another team) he doesn't go back in the draft? It starts a new 2-year deal where you can keep them for 2 seasons?

EDIT - also can you trade draft picks and if so does it happen often?

Great questions 

1. If I trade for an expiring guy, he will now start a new 2 year deal with his new team and I would be able to keep them for 2 seasons

2. Yes, we can trade draft picks and it happens quite often

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I think that to some extent you don't really care even if you pack your entire team in the deal, given that they'll go back into the pool anyway. 

On the other hand, I don't see why you wouldn't upgrade both Chubb and Swift. If you would feel happier with say Ekeler + Henry, then I'd package Hill + 1 of Chubb/Swift for Henry, and the other with Mitchell plus Harris (and throw in some cheerleaders while you're at it) for Ekeler.

I'm kinda high on Swift. I think he's a PPR monster. But I do understand your point on upgrading at both spots. 

Having Allen and Mahomes is solid, even with Mahomes coming down to earth a bit last year

8 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Great questions 

1. If I trade for an expiring guy, he will now start a new 2 year deal with his new team and I would be able to keep them for 2 seasons

2. Yes, we can trade draft picks and it happens quite often

If you can trade for picks as well, over paying/trading a big 2 for 1 like you suggested may not be ideal - especially if someone is wiling to give you a draft pick for a keeper. But other times if you can't keep the guy anyways, trading them away for something can be better than nothing.

I think CMC has the highest potential but we all know the injury risk. I love Eckler and I am keeping him in one similar type league but I expect his TDs to come down and they drafted Spiller who I think might end up taking some of the grinding work and could even snipe some goal line carriers. I still like Eck though.

Henry is a beast and I did have him as a keeper in 2 leagues but I traded him away in both. I'd rather be out a year early than late. But no doubt his talent and he could blow up.

I think getting another RB is a great idea and some of it will be what you can potentially get them for. I'd rank them CMC, Eck and Henry and would pay less for each in that order. 

As for the Swift discussion I am also high on him and I would keep him, especially if you have him for 2 more seasons. 

Scout the other teams and see who might do a straight swap 1 for 1 - to a needy RB team. Chubb might get you Eck or CMC straight up - you might be surprised. Or Chubb + Hill for Eck/CMC plus a pick?

Definitely worth shopping around and try to get the best deal. I'm with you on Swift and then try to get the best possible RB and sell the rest for picks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

If you can trade for picks as well, over paying/trading a big 2 for 1 like you suggested may not be ideal - especially if someone is wiling to give you a draft pick for a keeper. But other times if you can't keep the guy anyways, trading them away for something can be better than nothing.

I think CMC has the highest potential but we all know the injury risk. I love Eckler and I am keeping him in one similar type league but I expect his TDs to come down and they drafted Spiller who I think might end up taking some of the grinding work and could even snipe some goal line carriers. I still like Eck though.

Henry is a beast and I did have him as a keeper in 2 leagues but I traded him away in both. I'd rather be out a year early than late. But no doubt his talent and he could blow up.

I think getting another RB is a great idea and some of it will be what you can potentially get them for. I'd rank them CMC, Eck and Henry and would pay less for each in that order. 

As for the Swift discussion I am also high on him and I would keep him, especially if you have him for 2 more seasons. 

Scout the other teams and see who might do a straight swap 1 for 1 - to a needy RB team. Chubb might get you Eck or CMC straight up - you might be surprised. Or Chubb + Hill for Eck/CMC plus a pick?

Definitely worth shopping around and try to get the best deal. I'm with you on Swift and then try to get the best possible RB and sell the rest for picks.

Thanks bud. We're on the same mindset regarding value. 

The CMC owner is a bit harder to deal/communicate with but I sent him a message. I'll work on the Henry owner as well

Thanks

• Like 1