NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2022 NBA Finals: Warriors-Celtics

Posted (edited)

Am I creating this thread too early?....

Who you got winning it all?

The homer in me says Celtics....BUT if Smart is still hobbled/limited I would have to put my money on the Warriors in 5..

If Smart is full go I got the Celtics in 6

The Warriors have alot of firepower and Excellent shooters. I think the Curry/Thompson/Poole trio is too much offense if Smart is still hurt. C's will need Smarts defense on them for sure. 

Edited by SyNdicateZ

• SyNdicateZ changed the title to 2022 NBA Finals: Warriors-Celtics

This is one of the rare situation were I genuinely dislike (don't want to use the h*** word)  both teams.

GSW for " we are light years ahead of everyone else" comment and Zaza

Celtics for their "9 titles in 10 years" argument, conveniently forgetting that NBA had 14 teams or less in the 1960s.

With that being said, it's going to be GSW assuming that Curry, Thompson, Green, Wiggins and Poole are healthy.

It will be the first time  in the this year's playoffs that Celtics will face a healthy opponent that is a true contender.  It took 7 games to eliminate Bucks  team that had to play Grayson Allen 26 min/per game  in that series.

GSW in 6.

If Payton is back for the finals, I am tempted to go with GSW in 5

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

This is one of the rare situation were I genuinely dislike (don't want to use the h*** word)  both teams.

GSW for " we are light years ahead of everyone else" comment and Zaza

Celtics for their "9 titles in 10 years" argument, conveniently forgetting that NBA had 14 teams or less in the 1960s.

With that being said, it's going to be GSW assuming that Curry, Thompson, Green, Wiggins and Poole are healthy.

It will be the first time  in the this year's playoffs that Celtics will face a healthy opponent that is a true contender.  It took 7 games to eliminate Bucks  team that had to play Grayson Allen 26 min/per game  in that series.

GSW in 6.

If Payton is back for the finals, I am tempted to go with GSW in 5

You don't hate either team because you're a Raptors fan in Canada. Your fanbase has no rivalry with any other team/fanbase. I was born and raised in L.A. and was taught since birth to loathe the Celtics at the molecular level. Nothing the color of green was even allowed in my house growing up.  I won't be happy until the Boston Celtics, as an organization, burns to the ground. 🔥☘️😈

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Kaboom said:

You don't hate either team because you're a Raptors fan in Canada. Your fanbase has no rivalry with any other team/fanbase. I was born and raised in L.A. and was taught since birth to loathe the Celtics at the molecular level. Nothing the color of green was even allowed in my house growing up.  I won't be happy until the Boston Celtics, as an organization, burns to the ground. 🔥☘️😈

This is probably true for basketball. Hockey is a different story, Leafs and Habs fans hate each other at quantum particle levels.  Oilers and Flames fans are little better, they hate each other at  the atomic level

lol Welp, lookin like its goin to be the Heat and Warriors. Celtics just lost this series and have to beat a healthier Miami team in Miami. Not happening now...couldnt even put em away at home

The Celtics length and perimeter defense gives them an excellent chance to beat the Warriors. This is a different animal the Warriors have faced thus far. Im still leaning Warriors if im betting though. I think Jordan Poole is an x factor. 

If Payton is back (he should be),  he will take out Brown's offense away.

GSW is the different animal that the Celtics have faced so far. No injuries or internal drama. 

GSW in 5

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:24 PM, Kaboom said:

spacer.png

On 5/30/2022 at 10:54 AM, Gile Pile said:

If Payton is back (he should be),  he will take out Brown's offense away.

GSW is the different animal that the Celtics have faced so far. No injuries or internal drama. 

GSW in 5

He is not The Glove.

12 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

He is not The Glove.

No he is not The Glove, he is Gary Payton II and his defense is awesome.

He has defensive rating of 102.3  in regular season, 106.3 in the playoffs

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612744

For the reference, Defensive Player of the Year Marcus Smart has 105.2 in the regular season, 107.1 in the playoffs  https://www.nba.com/stats/players/defense/?sort=DEF_RATING&dir=-1&Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular Season&TeamID=1610612738

Just now, Gile Pile said:

If Celtics don't change the way how they defend Curry, he will make 20 3s tonight (currently at 6 after first).  You cannot drop on the switch against Curry

Agreed- whoever is switching onto him needs to get up more on him

Posted (edited)

Ah yes. Warriors are not allowed to even breathe on anyone but Celtics can be physical. Lol what a sham. But even the refs can't step in. Warriors actually have a few guys who can score and they have better depth.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 1