NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade Jameis Winston for a 1st Rd pick?

Now, before you so it's a no-brainer, please read the details.

This is a Devy-Dynasty-Superflex league. QB's are premium. I also have Brady, Fields, Watson and Mills. I expect that I'll be without Watson for a period of time. 

This is also an empire dynasty, which means if a team wins 2 years in a row, we start over from scratch.

A guy offered me a 2nd for Winston and I turned it down. Today he sent a first. The 1st round pick was owned by the current champ. That doesn't mean much now, but if the champ doesn't win again, the pick will probably be a last first. If he does win, the pick is useless as we start over.

Also, there are already DEVY players taken from the draft pool, so the 1st round is not what you think it is. These are the players that will not be on the board next draft:

Treveyon Henderson

CJ Stroud

Zach Evans

Arch Manning

Bryce Young

Will Levis

Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Caleb Williams

Kayshon Boutte

Will Shipley

8 hours ago, laracco said:

A guy offered me a 2nd for Winston and I turned it down. Today he sent a first. The 1st round pick was owned by the current champ. That doesn't mean much now, but if the champ doesn't win again, the pick will probably be a last first. If he does win, the pick is useless as we start over.

So we're talking about a 2023 1st (right?), which has a chance of being useless, it's a late 1st anyway, and given the devy league it's more like a late second. Which could turn out to be useless as said.

In the words of the wise man:

yeah-no-nope.gif

You're also not that stacked on QB - yes, you have 5 but Brady should finally hang up his cleats, Mills and Fields aren't there yet and run the risk of being benched every other week, and Watson... Well, as you said.

So I'd want considerably more.