NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Good moves in dynasty?

Dynasty, looking  to be competitive in 2023.  Made three moves involving rookie picks:

1. Traded 1.1 (hall) for 1.4 and Elijah Moore 

2. Traded trey lance for Mac Jones and 2.3

3. Traded Diggs and 2.3 for 1.7 and marquis brown. 

Would you rather have Hall, Diggs, Lance or E. Moore, Mac, M. Brown, and 2 of the top rookie WR in 2023?

I’m thinking skyy Moore and Jameson Williams for my rookie picks. 

16 hours ago, Boomer22 said:

That's a decent trade; I'm assuming 1.4 would end up being a WR; it depends a bit on how many RBs you already have. It's a move for depth.

This one I like a lot. I have Jones much higher than Lance - definitely in real life, but also probably in fantasy.

3. Traded Diggs and 2.3 for 1.7 and marquis brown

That's a risky move. Diggs to me is a better WR with a better QB, but he's also 4 years older. You're gambling on Brown finally fulfilling his potential, which is certainly a possibility. The 6-8 places trade up is decent compensation for the risk.

In my mind all reasonable moves if you're rebuilding a bottom half team for the future. How's your RB situation and who are you targeting?

6 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

That's a decent trade; I'm assuming 1.4 would end up being a WR; it depends a bit on how many RBs you already have. It's a move for depth.

This one I like a lot. I have Jones much higher than Lance - definitely in real life, but also probably in fantasy.

That's a risky move. Diggs to me is a better WR with a better QB, but he's also 4 years older. You're gambling on Brown finally fulfilling his potential, which is certainly a possibility. The 6-8 places trade up is decent compensation for the risk.

In my mind all reasonable moves if you're rebuilding a bottom half team for the future. How's your RB situation and who are you targeting?

It’s 3WR, 2RB, 3 flex .5ppr. So I can start 6 WR and only 2 RB if I want. I have Dillion, Ettiene, Cook/Mattison, and a bunch of scrubs that I can use to fill the RB. For my 2 1st round picks I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get 2 of Williams, Skyy Moore, Olave, Burks. At 2.1 either Bell or Alec Pierce. Figure I’ll worry about RB next year 

19 hours ago, Boomer22 said:

It’s 3WR, 2RB, 3 flex .5ppr. So I can start 6 WR and only 2 RB if I want. I have Dillion, Ettiene, Cook/Mattison, and a bunch of scrubs that I can use to fill the RB. For my 2 1st round picks I’m pretty sure I’ll be able to get 2 of Williams, Skyy Moore, Olave, Burks. At 2.1 either Bell or Alec Pierce. Figure I’ll worry about RB next year 

at .5 ppr, I probably wouldn't do the first trade, and I'd just draft Hall. Then possibly move a Cook for kings ransom if you need you need more depth. Love the 2nd trade. 3rd trade I don't think the risk of downgrading Diggs to just move up 6 or 7 spots in the draft. Unless you really love Brown this year of course.

On 5/24/2022 at 3:00 PM, Boomer22 said:

Dynasty, looking  to be competitive in 2023.  Made three moves involving rookie picks:

3. Traded Diggs and 2.3 for 1.7 and marquis brown. 

Would you rather have Hall, Diggs, Lance or E. Moore, Mac, M. Brown, and 2 of the top rookie WR in 2023?

I’m thinking skyy Moore and Jameson Williams for my rookie picks. 

This is actually a tough one IMO as I think you may have been able to compete this year with Lance, Diggs and Hall. While Mac might have a longer and safer career you lose big upside potential with trading Lance. 

On my dynasty team I currently have E. Moore and just traded for Hollywood and I love both these guys. I also had my pick of the top WR in this draft class but I traded up to get Hall. RBs are always so slim and I think Hall can be elite.

Overall I think trade 1 for 1.4 and Moore is a decent trade assuming your RB situation is fine and can compete. Moore and 1.4 is pretty good value at this point. There is a chance where Hall over the next year or 2 climbs in value if his projection plays out.

Trade 2 - not a fan per say but I see you moved 2.3 in the next trade. I just worry about the downgrade to Mac. But there is a chance Lance flames out but I think his rushing floor can raise him to be a Jalen Hurts type with a better arm. I

Trade 3 - could be a sneaky good one (even though I love Diggs as a WR for this year - he will be a monster). You got another guy in Hollywood that I have been targeting everywhere as he will be the #1 option in ARI to start the season and could keep it the whole year. Hollywood is still very young. I think he will have more boom games where Diggs is more consistent. The key hear will be the 1.07. As much as I like Skyy Moore I think his landing spot is pushing him too far up. I think Olave or one of the other top 5 WRs should be taken ahead of Skyy Moore. As good as Moore is he is still behind a bunch of vets where as Wilson, Olave, Burks and London will be starting on day 1.

If I was you I would be trying to come out of the first 7 picks (1.04 and 1.07) with 2 of those 5. 

4 hours ago, Hart1331 said:

at .5 ppr, I probably wouldn't do the first trade, and I'd just draft Hall. Then possibly move a Cook for kings ransom if you need you need more depth. Love the 2nd trade. 3rd trade I don't think the risk of downgrading Diggs to just move up 6 or 7 spots in the draft. Unless you really love Brown this year of course.

I tried getting Tony pollard and 1.7 for cook.  Guy didn’t bite. I think diggs will be great next 2 years, but he’s 4 years older than brown and I’m not going worst to first this year.  Plus Brown is with his college QB in a more pass heavy offense. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

This is actually a tough one IMO as I think you may have been able to compete this year with Lance, Diggs and Hall. While Mac might have a longer and safer career you lose big upside potential with trading Lance. 

On my dynasty team I currently have E. Moore and just traded for Hollywood and I love both these guys. I also had my pick of the top WR in this draft class but I traded up to get Hall. RBs are always so slim and I think Hall can be elite.

Overall I think trade 1 for 1.4 and Moore is a decent trade assuming your RB situation is fine and can compete. Moore and 1.4 is pretty good value at this point. There is a chance where Hall over the next year or 2 climbs in value if his projection plays out.

Trade 2 - not a fan per say but I see you moved 2.3 in the next trade. I just worry about the downgrade to Mac. But there is a chance Lance flames out but I think his rushing floor can raise him to be a Jalen Hurts type with a better arm. I

Trade 3 - could be a sneaky good one (even though I love Diggs as a WR for this year - he will be a monster). You got another guy in Hollywood that I have been targeting everywhere as he will be the #1 option in ARI to start the season and could keep it the whole year. Hollywood is still very young. I think he will have more boom games where Diggs is more consistent. The key hear will be the 1.07. As much as I like Skyy Moore I think his landing spot is pushing him too far up. I think Olave or one of the other top 5 WRs should be taken ahead of Skyy Moore. As good as Moore is he is still behind a bunch of vets where as Wilson, Olave, Burks and London will be starting on day 1.

If I was you I would be trying to come out of the first 7 picks (1.04 and 1.07) with 2 of those 5. 

I could be very wrong on Lance. Or he could just be fancy Tim Tebow. 

At 1.4 I’m thinking London and Burks will be gone. It’d be real depressing to have both Elijah Moore and garret wilson if it turns out that Zach Wilson just flat out sucks. I like jameson Williams there. At 1.7 Olave could smash, but having a possible stud with Patrick Mahomes just sounds like more fun. Moore has to contend with JuJu and Scandling, which doesn’t seem any worse than Olave having Thomas and Landry 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boomer22 said:

I could be very wrong on Lance. Or he could just be fancy Tim Tebow. 

At 1.4 I’m thinking London and Burks will be gone. It’d be real depressing to have both Elijah Moore and garret wilson if it turns out that Zach Wilson just flat out sucks. I like jameson Williams there. At 1.7 Olave could smash, but having a possible stud with Patrick Mahomes just sounds like more fun. Moore has to contend with JuJu and Scandling, which doesn’t seem any worse than Olave having Thomas and Landry 

Some good points and I don't disagree but I wouldn't put too much weight on QB situation of Williams vs Wilson. Both Wilson(QB) and Goff could be gone in a year or two if they don't produce. Goff has never been one to push the ball downfield and that hurts Williams so you are hoping the QB changes. I do really like Williams talent and assuming he makes a full recovery has a monster ceiling. I have a bit of worry towards his character and drive though from what I have read. I've seen some negative chatter about his effort and drive and it does worry me. Having said that he flat out balled last year before his injury with 1500yrds and 15TDs - amazing talent and production. I don't fault you for wanting to take Williams at 1.04 and he could absolutely ball out. But don't rule out Wilson as some have him as the best overall WR talent in this draft. Draft talent and don't worry about landing spot as you can always trade. Example in our dynasty league one owner has both Chase and Higgins and he won't have any issue trading one of them if he wants to. I see Wilson and Moore as the same. Both are great and you won't have any issue trading one if you went that way.

QB situation has changed a lot in the last 2 years and will again next year with the 2023 class. The NFL is more willing to trade and situations can be vastly different year to year.

As for Moore vs Olave - Olave is going to get a lot more opportunity in his first year and his value will likely rise after year 1. Thomas still isn't ready to play football. This is a guy who has been out for 2 years and he still can't play. he might truly be done. NO basically sold the farm for Olave. They 100% believe in this guy, he got the draft/trade value. Olave played a top school and is more polished at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped into the WR1 for his team on week 1. He has a QB who isn't shy of throwing it deep which helps his stock. 

Again, I don't fault you for your thoughts/picks but I think you are doing a diservice by writing of Wilson (who many said was the best overall WR in this draft - not necessarily the highest ceiling though) and not contemplating Olave with 1.07. I'm all over Olave if he falls to 7 or 8 or further. This guy could see 130+ targets year one. Landry doesn't worry me and Thomas might not even play week 1. Thomas and Olave won't compete for the same routes or targets.

I always like hearing and discussing different options.

2 hours ago, Big Nate said:

Some good points and I don't disagree but I wouldn't put too much weight on QB situation of Williams vs Wilson. Both Wilson(QB) and Goff could be gone in a year or two if they don't produce. Goff has never been one to push the ball downfield and that hurts Williams so you are hoping the QB changes. I do really like Williams talent and assuming he makes a full recovery has a monster ceiling. I have a bit of worry towards his character and drive though from what I have read. I've seen some negative chatter about his effort and drive and it does worry me. Having said that he flat out balled last year before his injury with 1500yrds and 15TDs - amazing talent and production. I don't fault you for wanting to take Williams at 1.04 and he could absolutely ball out. But don't rule out Wilson as some have him as the best overall WR talent in this draft. Draft talent and don't worry about landing spot as you can always trade. Example in our dynasty league one owner has both Chase and Higgins and he won't have any issue trading one of them if he wants to. I see Wilson and Moore as the same. Both are great and you won't have any issue trading one if you went that way.

QB situation has changed a lot in the last 2 years and will again next year with the 2023 class. The NFL is more willing to trade and situations can be vastly different year to year.

As for Moore vs Olave - Olave is going to get a lot more opportunity in his first year and his value will likely rise after year 1. Thomas still isn't ready to play football. This is a guy who has been out for 2 years and he still can't play. he might truly be done. NO basically sold the farm for Olave. They 100% believe in this guy, he got the draft/trade value. Olave played a top school and is more polished at this stage. I wouldn't be surprised if he stepped into the WR1 for his team on week 1. He has a QB who isn't shy of throwing it deep which helps his stock. 

Again, I don't fault you for your thoughts/picks but I think you are doing a diservice by writing of Wilson (who many said was the best overall WR in this draft - not necessarily the highest ceiling though) and not contemplating Olave with 1.07. I'm all over Olave if he falls to 7 or 8 or further. This guy could see 130+ targets year one. Landry doesn't worry me and Thomas might not even play week 1. Thomas and Olave won't compete for the same routes or targets.

I always like hearing and discussing different options.

Thanks for help.  Thoughts on Alec Pierce or David Bell?

14 hours ago, Boomer22 said:

Thanks for help.  Thoughts on Alec Pierce or David Bell?

I think I'm probably slightly higher on both but not sure I will own much of them in dynasty even though I would like to see what they can do. Both could see a fair bit of action by midseason if they can move up to WR2 on their team. I'd like to draft them but in the 2nd round of rookie drafts it is tough decision right now... go with one of these 2 WRs or pick some of the RBs who are still left in the 2nd round. If the RBs hit you can instantly flip them for another similar WR or even a draft pick for the next year.

Sometimes it is painful waiting 2-3 years for these later WRs to see if they hit or not. I do like the potential of both and their opportunity they could see right away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Big Nate said:

I think I'm probably slightly higher on both but not sure I will own much of them in dynasty even though I would like to see what they can do.

I think both are great dynasty second round picks. There's talent, landing spots as good as can be (the Colts need a WR2 and the Browns need a slot), all these guys need to do is work their a$$ off and get a bit lucky and not too injured. I like it.

• Like 1