NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian McCaffrey 2022 Outlook

Flyman75

This is the latest Rotoworld blurb - "49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said his "goal" is for Christian McCaffrey and Elijah Mitchell to have "about even carries" going forward."

Who writes these blurbs?  This is borderline malpractice. 

I just watched Shanahan's press conference and he absolutely did not say that the plan "going forward" is for them to split evenly.  He was talking about the game plan for the Chargers.   The "going forward" was added by Rotoworld.

Against the Chargers this makes total sense because the Chargers DL was decimated and they knew they were going to run like crazy.  Of course if you have a second strong runner you're gonna use him.  This does NOT mean that every game plan going forward will also call for an even split.

I don't know why a blurb writer would give bad information like this.

2 minutes ago, kp96 said:

This is the latest Rotoworld blurb - "49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said his "goal" is for Christian McCaffrey and Elijah Mitchell to have "about even carries" going forward."

I just watched Shanahan's press conference and he absolutely did not say that the plan "going forward" is for them to split evenly.  He was talking about the game plan for the Chargers.   The "going forward" was added by Rotoworld.

Against the Chargers this makes total sense because the Chargers DL was decimated and they knew they were going to run like crazy.  Of course if you have a second strong runner you're gonna use him.  This does NOT mean that every game plan going forward will also call for an even split.

People read Rotoworld?!  

32 minutes ago, kp96 said:

Is this the first blurb you've read all year? It seems like they've outsourced them, either to AI or to people who do not watch football.

41 minutes ago, kp96 said:

I usually find best practice is to read the source information and ignore the editorializing.

The b*tch of it is if you play Yahoo they use RW blurbs on their player cards so their editorialiIng helps inform the trade market.

13 minutes ago, fredth3cat said:

Is this the first blurb you've read all year? It seems like they've outsourced them, either to AI or to people who do not watch football.

No it's not the first one I've read.  This one was particularly egregious though.  I mean, owners might actually trade CMC at a discount because of this blurb, which is an outright lie.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Stop acting like a child 

Another floor game got you crying ?

Beautiful day considering no tuddies 

damn lil sensitive there huh? forgot that playful banter gets easily misinterpreted by interweb folks who are quick to jump in their feelings. i was in a close matchup and as soon as u post that they get Mitchell more involved…ive never once complained about his “floor games” throughout this whole thread so nice try bud. havent complained about him at all this year actually, i love owning him. also pulled out the win so we’re all smiles over here :)

Edited by TomBradysCollegeRoommate

1 hour ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

damn lil sensitive there huh? forgot that playful banter gets easily misinterpreted by interweb folks who are quick to jump in their feelings. i was in a close matchup and as soon as u post that they get Mitchell more involved…ive never once complained about his “floor games” throughout this whole thread so nice try bud. havent complained about him at all this year actually, i love owning him. also pulled out the win so we’re all smiles over here :)

My bad , long night .. flight got delayed coming back home.

Carry on good sir 

• Like 1

Ok now I’m worried gents

Although it was a strange game .. Kittle & Deebo also had a pedestrian game.

Aiyuk did so n so .

Jimmy G completed whiffed on an Easy GL throw to Cmac who was wide open , which infuriated me. 

That chum also tried to run it in when they went for it 4th down . Stupid Jimmy he’s lucky they were playing the Saints & defense came through clutch

In light of the knee issue that CMC is dealing (patella) with and the fact that Mitchell will probably be out for a few weeks (MCL sprain) how much of a discount would you have to get to take on CMC in a redraft league? Would Diggs/J.Wilson for CMC/Kirk be enough of a discount, for example? 

Edited by jmcampbe11

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

49ers slept through this game and played down to their opponent. Won’t get that luxury against the dolphins next week. Start cmc against good teams, bench against bad teams. Logic is simple right now lol

i dont see any world outside of maybe two team leagues where anyone is considering benching cmc as long as he is on the field.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

In light of the knee issue that CMC is dealing (patella) with and the fact that Mitchell will probably be out for a few weeks (MCL sprain) how much of a discount would you have to get to take on CMC in a redraft league? Would Diggs/J.Wilson for CMC/Kirk be enough of a discount, for example? 

That feels bad for the Diggs side. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmcampbe11 said:

Depends on your team needs I guess, but I wouldn't trade Diggs for any RB.  Ekeler and Jacobs are the only 2 who would make me pause, but I'm probably just riding the guy who has carried me this far.  

So if you're trying to dump CMC on a discount, Diggs isn't your target lol.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Depends on your team needs I guess, but I wouldn't trade Diggs for any RB.  Ekeler and Jacobs are the only 2 who would make me pause, but I'm probably just riding the guy who has carried me this far.  

Good thing we're not in your league. 

55 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

It's flipped. The CMC owned offered that trade to me. As the aforementioned @MingusDew pointed out it doesn't seem like enough of a discount to take on the CMC risk. Diggs has been the #1 WR (based on average point per game) in 1/2 point PPR this season, but I don't necessarily think he's untradeable. Something like Diggs/Pollard OR Jones for CMC/Andrews would be something more in line with CMC's risk (IMO) and one have to think long and hard about, if I needed a TE. Just using this as an example. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

It's flipped. The CMC owned offered that trade to me. As the aforementioned @MingusDew pointed out it doesn't seem like enough of a discount to take on the CMC risk. Diggs has been the #1 WR (based on average point per game) in 1/2 point PPR this season, but I don't necessarily think he's untradeable. Something like Diggs/Pollard OR Jones for CMC/Andrews would be something more in line with CMC's risk (IMO) and one have to think long and hard about, if I needed a TE. Just using this as an example. 

Trading the #1 WR, for any player's "risk" is just an easy no for me, that's all I was trying to portray.

You asked about the value, and I'm giving you my opinion.  I wouldn't trade Diggs for anything other than another top 2 player.  CMC ain't it.

I can't evaluate your entire roster or your trade suitors, we can discuss hypotheticals all day.  My opinion was if we drafted today for ROS, I'd take Diggs over CMC, so unless the add in on their side is significant, it's an easy pass.