NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Travis Etienne 2022 Outlook

16 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

So rather than it being the dreaded lisfranc it looks like they were just being cautious due to his history with the dreaded lisfranc? I considered this when I saw him standing on the sideline looking relatively chill for a guy who was freshly injured. Sure hope that’s all it was

3 minutes ago, Proteus said:

So rather than it being the dreaded lisfranc it looks like they were just being cautious due to his history with the dreaded lisfranc? I considered this when I saw him standing on the sideline looking relatively chill for a guy who was freshly injured. Sure hope that’s all it was

yeah, my take is that hasty was doing just fine so they just let him continue. Hopefully...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:

Meanwhile, per ESPN.com, coach Doug Pederson indicated that Etienne could have returned to the game, but noted, "I just don't want to risk it with him right now."

Pederson was just salivating at the mouth at the idea of getting to run some dumb as f--- RBBC

• Haha 5

Yeah I don't know what to do now. He likely will cost me a win this week if Devonta Smith gets a score tonight (my opponent has him). Ummmm....I luckily have Montgomery, and Rachaad White on my bench. I almost started White today and pulled him last second for ETN. The matchup with Baltimore had disaster written all over it. I really messed that one up. THere's a reason you sometimes have to play the matchups. Then again...I did that last week with MVS and he didn't do anything. 

6 hours ago, ExplosionsInDaSky said:

The matchup with Baltimore had disaster written all over it. I really messed that one up. THere's a reason you sometimes have to play the matchups.

Hasty ... HASTY - had 95 total yds and a td (17 ppr).

you telling me ETN wouldn't have done some damage had he not exited the game so early?

matchup was no big deal. 

• Like 4

Jaguars HC Doug Pederson said RB Travis Etienne was cleared to return to the game yesterday with his foot injury but he decided to hold him out not to risk it. They were planning to do more tests but Etienne said he was fine and team thought so too. Good news.

Pederson really trying to play checkers and not chess.

1 hour ago, alexander1231 said:

Jaguars HC Doug Pederson said RB Travis Etienne was cleared to return to the game yesterday with his foot injury but he decided to hold him out not to risk it. They were planning to do more tests but Etienne said he was fine and team thought so too. Good news.

Pederson really trying to play checkers and not chess.

I'm supposed to be relieved but I'm still concerned.

They are going to shut him down every time he comes out with a bump or scratch? If he was cleared to return why didn't he? The game was close as hell too. 

• Like 2