NBC Sports EDGE Forums

5/13 - GAME DAY THREAD

Little bit OT, but man am I glad I got into baseball in 2012. Trout, Harper and Machado all debuting within months of each other. Nearly 10 years later and they are arguably the 3 best hitters in baseball.

• Like 2

Soto looked REALLY soft on that rundown play with Taijuan Walker.  He needs to retire forever that in-the-box waggling (I'm amazed pitchers didn't throw at his head every time he did that) if he's going to roll over, mewl, and expose his belly and genitalia in surrender like that.

FSl6BruWYA8JlqE?format=jpg&name=small

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, roscobangs said:

Little bit OT, but man am I glad I got into baseball in 2012. Trout, Harper and Machado all debuting within months of each other. Nearly 10 years later and they are arguably the 3 best hitters in baseball.

No they aren't.  They are however still really good but not the top three anymore.

21 minutes ago, Overlord said:

Soto looked REALLY soft on that rundown play with Taijuan Walker.  He needs to retire forever that in-the-box waggling (I'm amazed pitchers didn't throw at his head every time he did that) if he's going to roll over, mewl, and expose his belly and genitalia in surrender like that.

FSl6BruWYA8JlqE?format=jpg&name=small

what did I just read lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No they aren't.  They are however still really good but not the top three anymore.

Based on performance this year, they are. In my league they are ranked 1, 3 and 4.

Pablo has the sick change working...

Side note I have seen at least 4-5 pitches in the zone called for a ball for both Burnes and Pablo already tonight...but Pablo has gotten strike calls on at least 4-5 clear balls too, Burnes is not getting that same treatment however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Pablo has the sick change working...

Side note I have seen at least 4-5 pitches in the zone called for a ball for both Burnes and Pablo already tonight...but Pablo has gotten strike calls on at least 4-5 clear balls too, Burnes is not getting that same treatment however.

Your right on. Pablo has gotten 4-5 gifts well below the strike zone. A few outside to the RH hitters too. 

3 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

ewwww, since when did the mariners have ford and souza jr??

I think they got Ford today. I’m not sure about Souza Jr. 

• Like 1