NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Christian Watson 2022 Outlook

nn4mz

48 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Bro, we have him. Relax. Just not ready to call him a Hall of Famer yet. But you do you. Happy for the points and hope they continue. Nothing else for you after that. Be nice to bench Gabe Davis for this kid. 

47 minutes ago, FantasyMaster2022 said:

Did I quote you as not having him? When did I call him a HOF? 

Sticking to your story? LOL. 

30 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

The natural regression will begin soon.

Yall said that 2 weeks ago. If we're being technical it's already happened since he went from multi TD games to having just one TD last night. Good thing he had 100+ yards to go with it. It's weird seeing people in the forum hoping that he falls off lol

Edited by Guwop

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

He's scored 6 TD's in 3 games. If you think he's going to sustain this pace for the remainder of the season.....okay.

Saying that he'll regress doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing.

He's seen a TD regression game over game already. So, your statement is already wrong. You lose, you missed out. Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

He's scored 6 TD's in 3 games. If you think he's going to sustain this pace for the remainder of the season.....okay.

Like I said he technically already did on a per game basis but had the yards to cover for less TDs last night. And even if he has a dud or two it wouldn't be any different compared to the top 5 wrs in fantasy who have had dud weeks themselves. Diffence is Watson was free off of the wire and is in a roll right before the playoffs. I'll take it

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

for the interim ...

i mean, kid's had, what ... only FOUR full games?

factor in a dodgy A(yahuasca)Rod, and we got the makings of a kid who may have had an historic rookie szn had things broke "normally" 

HYPERBOLE STRONG IN THIS MUTHA ^

but, f'realz

Just now, Pooskay said:

I'm looking at 3-game sample. I'm sorry you missed this point.

No, I got it. We can't use three weeks ago this week or next week or later and so the point you appear to be trying to make doesn't make any sense. No one is expecting more three TD games out of him and no one is saying that's a likely outcome. That game happened and we've all moved on.

1 minute ago, Pastor3 said:

for the interim ...

factor in a dodgy A(yahuasca)Rod, and we got the makings of a kid who may have had an historic rookie szn had things broke "normally" 

but, f'realz

He looked completely lost in the first month and a half and I think he wasn't ready. 

Just now, Pastor3 said:

right ... because of preszn injury, etc

as i said, had all systems been "go!" from jump, with a healthier qb ... 

jus' sayin'

Yeah, you might be right. He flashing that game breaking mix of physicality and elite athleticism. Mike Evans as a player comp might actually be selling him short.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Yeah, you might be right. He flashing that game breaking mix of physicality and elite athleticism. Mike Evans as a player comp might actually be selling him short.

You’re right. Comparing him to a multi-year all pro and generational talent like Evans is selling Watson way short.

It’s already been established he’s moved on to Jerry Rice/Randy Moss territory.  Try to keep up.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

No, I got it. We can't use three weeks ago this week or next week or later and so the point you appear to be trying to make doesn't make any sense. No one is expecting more three TD games out of him and no one is saying that's a likely outcome. That game happened and we've all moved on.

SMH

8 minutes ago, blazehound said:

You’re right. Comparing him to a multi-year all pro and generational talent like Evans is selling Watson way short.

It’s already been established he’s moved on to Jerry Rice/Randy Moss territory.  Try to keep up.

Damn straight I'm right. Watson's combine results blew Evans' combine results out of the water and now to see him full strength in real games proves how much more athletic he really is and that can blow games wide open that they shouldn't be in. Whether he develops the skills of Mike Evans is hard to say.

As for all the sarcasm, you're not as funny or smart as you think you are. I give you a 5/10. Keep trying.

Edited by Spyplane

Lol this argument really gonna go on all season isn't it.   Dude barely played the first two months, now he's got two 100 yard games in his last four on a hit or miss run heavy offense.  Both of those games were against good defenses.   Buh buh but TD regression!   See above about the other studs who have less TD's.  No reason to worry about is he a WR1 or whatever- he's a starter for sure and that's all that matters.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Going forward, how many WRs would we start ahead of this guy who was on waiver wires 3 weeks ago? While many have been holding guys like Jameson Williams and Odell Beckham for months because clearly they were more valuable with more upside than Christian Watson. FF is so stupid. 

You start him over any and everybody and don't look back. 

#noregrets

6 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Lol this argument really gonna go on all season isn't it.   Dude barely played the first two months, now he's got two 100 yard games in his last four on a hit or miss run heavy offense.  Both of those games were against good defenses.   Buh buh but TD regression!   See above about the other studs who have less TD's.  No reason to worry about is he a WR1 or whatever- he's a starter for sure and that's all that matters.  

Exactly, its like finding a $50 bill on the ground and then a couple strangers telling you "too bad it wasn't a $100 bill you found. You can't buy $100 things with that $50."

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

for the interim ...

but, f'realz

Why is Jimmy Butler looking at receiving TD stats on a piece of paper? 

• Haha 1