NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook

2 hours ago, Bobbytime said:

I really thought he would be the guy…

Wow man, so much overreaction on here....like the kid's career is over already before playing one single game in the NFL lololol

Y'all a buncha negative Nancies.

Here's a thought.....how about you watch a few Titans games first and see how the season unfolds?

I like my WRs big & fast and Tanny sure does like to chuck the ball and the "starting" WRs on the Tits are nothing to write home about, can easily see this kid being a solid WR3 by mid-season.  I'm cheering for you Treylon, F all these haters!

• Like 1

seemed like the entire bench emptied to congratulate the kid after his TD in the last exhibition tilt - always a great sign, shows that the squad has had his back thru all this, and has given him tremendous support. 

that kinda moment can have a very profound consequence for a young'ns confidence as we head to the regular szn. 

oh-im-not-a-doctor.gif

• Haha 1

Just now, RevisAteMyQB said:

His talent is still there. His confidence isn't. If something clicks, he could be a 8 catch a week guy with Tanny.

Again, recall AJB's rookie season.

There is going to be nothing to see here for 7-8 games. He will be dropped in a lot of leagues.

But keep an eye out around the halfway mark of the season. If this guy is named a starter you want him on your team in some capacity.

The nice thing is that all of the bad news has pushed his ADP down to much more reasonable place. I'm buying at this price.

• Like 1

I didn't want to take this guy due to his uneven preseason.  But still ended up drafting him due to no one else around.  They don't have much pass catchers in Tennessee, and he was drafted to be the AJB replacement, so I'm just gonna be patient.

Anybody buying?

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports the Titans have a “major role planned” for WR Treylon Burks.

Robert Woods is slated to open the season as team's No. 1 receiver, but the Titans haven't given up on Burks, who is expected to "feature prominently in the pass game." The Titans gave Burks extra reps this preseason, playing him deep into games, as a way to get him up to speed after a nondescript training camp. Injuries and a rough preseason make it possible the Titans move Burks slowly, but with third-year WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and TE Austin Hooper the options for targets behind Woods, Burks could have a larger than expected Week 1 role.

10 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

Anybody buying?

ESPN’s Dan Graziano reports the Titans have a “major role planned” for WR Treylon Burks.

Robert Woods is slated to open the season as team's No. 1 receiver, but the Titans haven't given up on Burks, who is expected to "feature prominently in the pass game." The Titans gave Burks extra reps this preseason, playing him deep into games, as a way to get him up to speed after a nondescript training camp. Injuries and a rough preseason make it possible the Titans move Burks slowly, but with third-year WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine and TE Austin Hooper the options for targets behind Woods, Burks could have a larger than expected Week 1 role.

I've got a share of him.  Not going to go overboard since this offense will always run through Henry.  He had an uneven preseason, but decent last game although he got dinged up.  I can't believe the blurb says "the Titans haven't given up on Burks".  He's their ROOKIE that they drafted to REPLACE AJ BROWN.  And there's already talk about him being a bust and giving up?  WTH?

For me, he belongs in the uninspiring Garrett Wilson, Skyy Moore, Russell Gage, Rondale Moore tier.  Guys who nobody will say "ooohhhh good pick" after you select him.

36 minutes ago, nk2333 said:

Anybody buying?

I would hope they would have major role planned for AJ Brown's replacement so that blurb does nothing for me.

As a late round flyer I have no problem taking a chance on him!  Where he is falling, there are few guys in that range that can really bring a major reward, and have as clear of a path to do so.  Yahoo has him ranked 145th overall, which is 29 spots lower than Fantasy Pros. Great chance to pounce on him in the previous round where people are picking up decaying veterans anyways.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A very promising debut.  Let's go beyond the box score: early in the game he drew what should have been like a 40 yard pass interference call on a deep shot (the defender literally just made a great tackle on Burks) but the ref choked on his flag.  One of the incomplete targets was a deep shot when Tannehill was happy to force it into double coverage to Burks in the end zone (pass was uncatchable).  And late in the game when Tannehill needed a key third down conversion in comeback mode, Burks drew a defensive holding penalty to get a key first down.

If I had to bet on any rookie WR being a league winner down the stretch this season, Burks is that guy.

• Like 4