NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook

I remember around this time last season people were talking about JaMarr Chase like he was going to be a bust because he started slow and look at the season that he had.  I think that Burks is a great value where he's being drafted.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, affliction said:

The FF community has to stop comparing every rookie receiver struggling in camp and preseason to Chase.  Chase was an elite player, top 5 pick and already had chemistry with his qb. 

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

I remember around this time last season people were talking about JaMarr Chase like he was going to be a bust because he started slow and look at the season that he had.  I think that Burks is a great value where he's being drafted.  

New page; same takes 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, affliction said:

The FF community has to stop comparing every rookie receiver struggling in camp and preseason to Chase.  Chase was an elite player, top 5 pick and already had chemistry with his qb. 

I'm not really comping the two - my point, more so, was that young players ALL THE TIME struggle in camp/preseason in their first year.  Calling him a bust, now, is pure and utter rubbish.  

Burks has all the tools to be an elite player as well - that's another part of my point.

The Athletic's Joe Rexrod believes WR Nick Westbrook-Ikhine will start for the Titans early in the season. 

Treylon Burks remains down bad. Burks has played extensive preseason snaps with the second and third-string Tennessee offense -- a clear sign the rookie has a long way to go before cracking the starting lineup alongside Robert Woods. Team Preseason Doesn't Matter is in shambles.

Obviously there's many years left to determine how this plays out, but it's hard for me to fathom  a Titans fan who's supportive right now of the AJ Brown trade, during a window of contention, seeing Burks not able to beat out a JAG for week one

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BrianM said:

Obviously there's many years left to determine how this plays out, but it's hard for me to fathom  a Titans fan who's supportive right now of the AJ Brown trade, during a window of contention, seeing Burks not able to beat out a JAG for week one

Gms think they’re cute and get exploited by the howies of the world. Made more sense to trade AJ brown if the titans felt they weren’t going to compete- of course they will compete this year 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1