NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook

1 hour ago, KennyWoo said:

If this guy plays behind NWI on opening day as the above Tweet says, someone in the organization has to be fired.  Either Vrabel for depth chart decision or the general manager for trading AJ Brown for a guy who cannot beat out NWI.

I was saying this on draft day. There's nothing about Burks that excites me. And that was before I learned he apparently has rather severe asthma. This trade was an F- from the time it happened. 

I think Vrabel was the guy that had Richard Seymour carry his helmet and shoulder pads for him when he was a rookie.

I'm not loving Burks for fantasy this year because of the nature of the offense, but if you do like him I wouldn't let this discourage you too much.

14 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I think Vrabel was the guy that had Richard Seymour carry his helmet and shoulder pads for him when he was a rookie.

I'm not loving Burks for fantasy this year because of the nature of the offense, but if you do like him I wouldn't let this discourage you too much.

Yeah, this seems like classic "make the rookie earn it" stuff. I don't think he's going to put up anything close to a Jamar Chase rookie year, but I'm getting some similar vibes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

If this guy plays behind NWI on opening day as the above Tweet says, someone in the organization has to be fired.  Either Vrabel for depth chart decision or the general manager for trading AJ Brown for a guy who cannot beat out NWI.

But then how will Mr. Treylon Burx learn to overcome adversity and "attack" the vagaries of life? How will he learn the value of hard work, and the struggle of bettering himself? How will he learn to slay the imaginary sea-monsters that threaten to sink American aircraft carriers in the South China sea? These things MATTER bro. 

He should be benched until week 5, minimum. 

• Haha 1

Didn’t have the greatest debut, or even a good one, but it’s not like he didn’t play well. He got open a decent bit but just didn’t have the targets come his way. Probably won’t contribute early on in the year but I’m hoping he has a couple more rough pre season games so it drives down his dynasty/keeper value as he’s going to be an elite wide receiver just maybe not this year.

36 minutes ago, affliction said:

I’m officially bearish in regards to his impact this year 

10 minutes ago, affliction said:

Great catch though 

I need more context.  So he missed reps because he pulled up limping?  

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

If you looked at the Chase thread from this time last year, I'd bet you'll see a few of these posts.

He's literally played in his first camp/pre-season games.  

not sure i’d compare to chase. along with that, there is the qb play. what i’m most concerned about at this point is work ethic. can any arkansas homers shed light? —there should be zero reasons he isn’t starting in wk1. if he is, i think his adp has been nice lately. kid looks huge out there. i don’t see y the titans wouldn’t force feed him….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, affliction said:

The FF community has to stop comparing every rookie receiver struggling in camp and preseason to Chase.  Chase was an elite player, top 5 pick and already had chemistry with his qb. 

Chase didnt play in 2020 which probably explains most of his struggles. That being said this news about Burks can only help drop his ADP further.

• Like 1