NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook

43 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Pickens against colts

Burks against Cinci.

decisions

Don’t start any WRs against the Colts unless they’re of the elite(Diggs,Jefferson,Hill,Adams), ask AJ Brown and many others. The results usually aren’t gd. Colts are #1 in the league vs WRs, it also doesn’t help that he has one of the worst QBs in the league throwing him the ball. 

Stay away from Pickens this week. Go Burks.

• Like 3

He has such unreal hands / high-pointing / tracking. He's going to be good in this league for a long time. It's just a shame that the Titans don't give him more redzone targets or scheme him up at all. Some of the stickiest hands I've seen, if the ball is in his vicinity, he's pulling it down. 

• Like 1

Are you guys rolling him out there next week against Philly? It's been a solid last couple weeks but I'm having a hard time deciding if I trust him enough yet to start him in a tough matchup in a game I need to win to make playoffs.

If he has another solid showing I'll definitely play him against Jacksonville in week 14, but not sure what to expect against Philly next week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Are you guys rolling him out there next week against Philly? It's been a solid last couple weeks but I'm having a hard time deciding if I trust him enough yet to start him in a tough matchup in a game I need to win to make playoffs.

If he has another solid showing I'll definitely play him against Jacksonville in week 14, but not sure what to expect against Philly next week.

My plan is to sit him next week but play him in week 14. It sort of depends on what the other choices are. My other WR options are Jefferson, AJ Brown, Olave, and Watson so he's maybe my 5th best option in week 13 given the matchup, but in week 14 and a better matchup especially with week 14 being a heavy bye week he's a start. 

29 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

There are worse starts. Watson just burned Philly at home. 

23 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

My plan is to sit him next week but play him in week 14. It sort of depends on what the other choices are. My other WR options are Jefferson, AJ Brown, Olave, and Watson so he's maybe my 5th best option in week 13 given the matchup, but in week 14 and a better matchup especially with week 14 being a heavy bye week he's a start. 

Yeah with those choices I think Burks is still very much a wait and see. It's either Gabe Davis or Burks for me so I have a high probability of getting burned by whoever I start next week haha. I just think it's hard to trust someone who doesn't get a ton of targets on a run-first team.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Probably, due to bye week issues. It’s either him or Slayton in one league I’m in and he could be a dud next week but I’ll gamble on the upside.

On 11/27/2022 at 9:17 AM, philnutz said:

Since he's being compared to Aj Brown. Brown had 5-142 and a td vs bengals last year

LOL at comparing a rookie WR to a 3rd year (at the time) WR.  Brown didn't play the Bengals his rookie year so I had to go to his second year.

4-24

Edited by K197040