Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook


Recommended Posts

You certainly understand from a team construction/cap outlook why the Titans would be willing to gamble on Burks being an AJ Brown clone and he is talented.

However from a fantasy prospective I am skeptical.  Brown was a special player to get the efficiency he had on what is a hard nosed running and defensive identity team.

Odds are against someone being another AJ Brown right out of the chute.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MingusDew said:

This has overdrafted written all over it. 

 

31 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

You certainly understand from a team construction/cap outlook why the Titans would be willing to gamble on Burks being an AJ Brown clone and he is talented.

However from a fantasy prospective I am skeptical.  Brown was a special player to get the efficiency he had on what is a hard nosed running and defensive identity team.

Odds are against someone being another AJ Brown right out of the chute.

Dynasty community absolutely loves this kid, but I'm with you guys. Skeptical, to say the least. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

 

Dynasty community absolutely loves this kid, but I'm with you guys. Skeptical, to say the least. 

I think he'll end up being a fantasy producer but you're probably going to have to take him in the 6th or something (a la Chase last year) in redraft. Miss me with that ****.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will be a polarizing guy in drafts this year. I think everyone sees the year 1 potential with the volume and opportunity. If they use him properly he could have a very good rookie season.

Do I think he can do it, yes but it comes with risk. I need some time to process this and ideally see how he looks in preseason. He's not as good of a route runner as AJB but he can do a lot after the catch. They are similar size and both athletic but in different ways. I think TEN is smart enough to design plays to get the ball in his hands. Maybe they use him creatively behind the LOS similar to SF using Deebo. Give DH a bit of rest.

If Burks gets the volume he will produce but he is still pretty raw as a route runner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

ESPN's Jordan Reid believes the Titans "are likely to force feed [Treylon Burks] as a rushing and receiving threat" in 2022. 

The 18th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft and the de factor replacement for A.J. Brown -- who was dealt to the Eagles last week -- Burks should be in for a hefty workload, even in Tennessee's run-first offense. Reid said Burks "could have an impact in multiple areas because of the volume of touches he is likely to get early as a rookie." He had 29 rushing attempts for 188 yards and one touchdown in his final two collegiate seasons. At Arkansas, Burks feasted on intermediate targets and was dominant after the catch. He was highly efficient on downfield targets and ate up single coverage. Mostly a slot receiver at Arkansas, expect Burks to see more time out wide in Tennessee as the team's alpha wideout. The rookie could skyrocket up fantasy draft boards with enough hype this summer. 

Source: ESPN.com
May 3, 2022, 11:28 AM ET
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Currently his ADP is pretty good (WR45) with the asthma news and all. Someone has to catch passes in this offense and they have a ton of vacated targets and air yards. Woods is 30 and tore his ACL in mid November but early reports have Woods and Hooper developing chemistry with Tannehill. 
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • DarinB300 changed the title to Treylon Burks 2022 Outlook
6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

I feel like people are really overlooking Robert Woods in this offense. Dude is a skilled player that can get open and soak up targets, to the detriment of the rookie

Bobby Three Sticks has an ADP of near 100 right now.  I'd expect it to rise but you have to love that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2022 at 9:32 AM, JohnD said:

I feel like people are really overlooking Robert Woods in this offense. Dude is a skilled player that can get open and soak up targets, to the detriment of the rookie

I'm very surprised to see Woods (fully?) recovered already. Saw him running routes and it surprised me that he is back already. With his age and late injury I didn't want anything to do with Woods but he's definitely starting to turn some heads.

Woods being healthy will be good for Burks. Take some pressure off him to be the lead guy to start the year. Maybe it takes a few weeks/half a season for Burks to get rolling but that is pretty par for the course for most rookies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is anyone who has the work ethic to come back from an ACL tear at 30 and have a fantasy relevant season with a more or less cruddy passing offense it is Bobby Trees.

Right now their respective ADP is Burks at 95 and Woods at 103.  I would expect that to change but right now I know who I would go with there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some clips coming out of camp of him straight weight rooming guys, bully balling, which I love to see. I was skeptical of the inevitable AJ comparisons, but this is exactly how AJ plays. He's physical and hand-fighting guys even 5-10 yards out, and that's what I've seen of Treylon so far. He also looks gigantic. I think this kid balls out this year.

 

Depending how the ref is feeling this could be called OPI, but AJ never got called for these. I like the aggressiveness from the rook.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/30/2022 at 12:08 PM, harck said:

Some clips coming out of camp of him straight weight rooming guys, bully balling, which I love to see. I was skeptical of the inevitable AJ comparisons, but this is exactly how AJ plays. He's physical and hand-fighting guys even 5-10 yards out, and that's what I've seen of Treylon so far. He also looks gigantic. I think this kid balls out this year.

 

Depending how the ref is feeling this could be called OPI, but AJ never got called for these. I like the aggressiveness from the rook.

Another OPI, hands to the face mask 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, affliction said:

Dude is dominating in camp and very physical sometimes too physical, most of these catches is OPI and he will need to clean it up. 

It's not entirely his fault. His hands are gigantic - so much so that he has to wear 4XL gloves (I'm not kidding here, it's true). You can't 'hand-fight' this guy if you're a corner playing him straight up, you'll finish second best every single time. It's an unfair advantage. 

That, combined with his play strength and speed makes him look like he is pushing off. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

It's not entirely his fault. His hands are gigantic - so much so that he has to wear 4XL gloves (I'm not kidding here, it's true). You can't 'hand-fight' this guy if you're a corner playing him straight up, you'll finish second best every single time. It's an unfair advantage. 

That, combined with his play strength and speed makes him look like he is pushing off. 

I hear you but the refs don’t care about how big his hands are 

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...