NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jalen Hurts 2022 Outlook

nn4mz

10 hours ago, ninersdd said:

There are some rushing yards! (I know it was against your team)

Yeahhhhh I wish he didn't have to bury my Packers like that but it is what it is. This is the kind of thing we need from him though to be a truly elite fantasy QB that can win you a week. I hope he continues using his legs a little more but I'm still skeptical since they probably also don't want to risk having him get hurt as they have their eyes set on a deep playoff run.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Yeahhhhh I wish he didn't have to bury my Packers like that but it is what it is. This is the kind of thing we need from him though to be a truly elite fantasy QB that can win you a week. I hope he continues using his legs a little more but I'm still skeptical since they probably also don't want to risk having him get hurt as they have their eyes set on a deep playoff run.

I think they'll definitely run him less once the games become meaningless or they get out to big early leads. Hopefully neither of those scenarios is the case in weeks 15-17

he was 2nd cherce for MVP coming into this week - my book had it as: 'Homie, Hertz, Josh, Tua, Joe Brrrr

he needs to hold serve now, in the driver's seat. pretty remarkable szn, this. 

late 4th rd for me - 2 picks after LJax, 3 picks ahead of Kyler.  Joe Sheisty went in the 6th ... not sure off top o'me head where Tua went, but it were a bit after the likes of Lance, 🐐.

anyways, this has been a tremendous ride - enjoy! 

I was one of his biggest haters last season(while owning him) and this preseason but I ended up drafting him because while I did not expect this I still thought as long as he didn't get benched he just had more upside due to rushing than my other options(Burrow, Wilson, Brady, etc). I would've taken Kyler and Lamar over him but luckily that wise decision was made for me by other managers, like so often happens in fantasy.

Been a great ride. My only concern now is they get super conservative with him later in the year and take the air out of the ball when the games don't matter, but with Minny still winning and him probably wanting the MVP we may be in good shape there  

• Like 1

***WARNING: NOT FANTASY RELATED***

My hat comes off for this guy.  I cannot imagine the amount of work and dedication he put into becoming the QB he is today.  I really thought he was a turd, in terms of ever becoming an NFL QB, when he was at Bama.  In fact, I think the only reason why Bama won the 2017 title was because they finally went away from Hurts and put Tua in against Georgia.  This clouded my vision to the point where I own zero shares of him.  Congrats to all of you that own him, and enjoy the ride.  This stud will be taking a lot of you very far in the playoffs.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, abrunn11 said:

***WARNING: NOT FANTASY RELATED***

My hat comes off for this guy.  I cannot imagine the amount of work and dedication he put into becoming the QB he is today.  I really thought he was a turd, in terms of ever becoming an NFL QB, when he was at Bama.  In fact, I think the only reason why Bama won the 2017 title was because they finally went away from Hurts and put Tua in against Georgia.  This clouded my vision to the point where I own zero shares of him.  Congrats to all of you that own him, and enjoy the ride.  This stud will be taking a lot of you very far in the playoffs.  

Sirianni deserves credit, too ... coaching has a ton to wif it, as well. 

i posted a clip back in exhibition szn, where Hertz took a real nasty cheep shot vs the Jetsies ... Sirianni was LIVID, and was screaming at ol' chrome dome: " yo, Saleh ... WHAT THE F***!!!!" - he even went out in the field, and looked like he wanted a piece of him. 

that's what really cemented me on Hertz ... ol' Sirianni had his back, big time - showed me 100% confidence, and it had to make Hertz feel like he was definitely entrenched as the man. 

... found the clip:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

Sirianni deserves credit, too ... coaching has a ton to wif it, as well. 

i posted a clip back in exhibition szn, where Hertz took a real nasty cheep shot vs the Jetsies ... Sirianni was LIVID, and was screaming at ol' chrome dome: " yo, Saleh ... WHAT THE F***!!!!" - he even went out in the field, and looked like he wanted a piece of him. 

that's what really cemented me on Hertz ... ol' Sirianni had his back, big time - showed me 100% confidence, and it had to make Hertz feel like he was definitely entrenched as the man. 

... found the clip:

Yea Sirianni and Roseman put full faith in Hurts when he needed it most (starting immediately after their playoff loss to the Bucs). They stuck to the process and surrounded him with weapons. Hurts rewarded them by working nonstop in the offseason. Sirianni showed up to training camp in a shirt with just Jalen’s face on it. I was the most optimistic person in this thread saying that Jalen was already a good real life QB last year, but even I didn’t expect an MVP caliber campaign. Amazing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, FinsUp24 said:

Yea Sirianni and Roseman put full faith in Hurts when he needed it most (starting immediately after their playoff loss to the Bucs). They stuck to the process and surrounded him with weapons. Hurts rewarded them by working nonstop in the offseason. Sirianni showed up to training camp in a shirt with just Jalen’s face on it. I was the most optimistic person in this thread saying that Jalen was already a good real life QB last year, but even I didn’t expect an MVP caliber campaign. Amazing. 

good stuff ✌️

btw, lest anybody misconstrues (because lawd knows THAT never happens here), i was not diminishing Hertz at all by acknowledging Sirianni ... as you pernted out, this was truly a collaborative effort - much like Tua in Miami - the organization got behind Jalen, surrounded him with key pieces, put their complete trust in him ... they unlocked it, yes ... but it was still up to Hertz to deliver on the promise - and, man, has he ever. 

i thought the only NFC teem who could c0ckblock the Igglez from the SB was the 9ers ... and mayyyyyybe TB if they have a strong back half, like they did in '20. 

but now wif Jimmuh done, the Igglez look clear, and waxing TB in the revenge game would be the sweetest for them. 

ps - Dallas?  no.  not wif Fatso Fogarty and Elastic Man at the controls.  just ... no. 

1 hour ago, Roughingthegoff said:

I would love to see Minshew run a real offense. Guarantee Hurts reverts back to his rookie self against SF or Dallas/Wash

What does Minshew have to do with any of this? Minshew is a career backup level QB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Roughingthegoff said:

His true colors won’t show until playoff time. As bad as he was last year, he is not as good as he’s been this year. A Kaepernick/RG3 monster year does not mean jack

Did you watch any of the three actually play.  Hurts has shown accuracy, maturity, and decision making that Kaepernick/RG3 never had.  And he reportedly works harder than anyone else in that locker room.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BlueMeanies said:

Did you watch any of the three actually play.  Hurts has shown accuracy, maturity, and decision making that Kaepernick/RG3 never had.  And he reportedly works harder than anyone else in that locker room.

You can’t try to reason with someone like that. Best to not even try lol. The reality is that through 12 games, Hurts has put up better numbers than Kaepernick or RG3 ever did over their best full seasons (these are just facts, not opinion). Hurts’ TD/turnover ratio right now is 29/5, which is just insane. He makes huge explosive plays and combines that with protecting the ball as well as anyone. His ability to avoid negative plays and turnovers is what makes him so good in real life football. 

• Like 1

I hope we see Hurts keep this up through the fantasy playoffs. My only concern is if they lock up the one seed after the Dallas game in week 16. Is there any chance they would sit him or play him for only one half in week 17 if it's a meaningless game at that point for Philly? I'm assuming he will sit week 18 but do teams ever rest their starters beyond one week?

29 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I hope we see Hurts keep this up through the fantasy playoffs. My only concern is if they lock up the one seed after the Dallas game in week 16. Is there any chance they would sit him or play him for only one half in week 17 if it's a meaningless game at that point for Philly? I'm assuming he will sit week 18 but do teams ever rest their starters beyond one week?

Teams have come out rusty in the playoffs after long layoffs so I don't see Hurts sitting week 17, and may play a bit in week 18.

Week 17 could be dicey though because I doubt they'll want to run him or risk him very much in a meaningless game. We really need Minnesota to stay within at least 2 games of the Eagles so they are motivated to score points and win that game but it doesn't seem like the Vikings have that in them

34 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I don't think they would do anything outside of the normal for week 17.