NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jalen Hurts 2022 Outlook

nn4mz

10 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Let’s just agree on 3500 as a projection. I still think 4K is possible, but 3500 is reasonable.

my one follow up though is this idea that “that’s the offense they’ll probably run.” They certainly haven’t said that is the case. They went out and signed a big receiver, right? Other than they went ground and pound at the end of last year, has anything else been said about staying that way?

Cant someone just as easily say “the ground and pound offense really failed in the playoffs. Looks like they’ll try and go back to what the original plan was in the first half of the season, and hope hurts plays better…”?

What they did in the 1st half of last season was a losing formula regardless of Hurts playing better. They needed a more balanced approach. But the approach the team took was taking the air completely out of the offense. I think it will be more balanced this season as long as Hurts doesn't fall on his face as a passer.

40 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Let’s just agree on 3500 as a projection. I still think 4K is possible, but 3500 is reasonable.

my one follow up though is this idea that “that’s the offense they’ll probably run.” They certainly haven’t said that is the case. They went out and signed a big receiver, right? Other than they went ground and pound at the end of last year, has anything else been said about staying that way?

Cant someone just as easily say “the ground and pound offense really failed in the playoffs. Looks like they’ll try and go back to what the original plan was in the first half of the season, and hope hurts plays better…”?

I believe they’ll let him probably throw a little more, to see if he can actually be a good NFL QB. They certainly will need him to be one to make a playoff run. No I don’t think they’ll become a pass first team. I don’t think some people realize how ridiculous those first 7 games were. There was one game they had 3 running back carries. THREE. They don’t really have to say they aren’t going back to that for people to very easily deduce that on their own, especially after the run first/ball control gameplan started winning them games.

Just my opinion though. We’ll see what happens 

Edited by owenmills

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, FinsUp24 said:

Nothing? This guy was awesome today. Clearly AJB is gonna help him immensely.

i'm a greedy bast, and needed moar than 1 td.  

and the Lions D every week. 

... but, man - he looks awesome when he's "ON".

gonna be a hot year - glad to be abored! 

Absolutely killed it fantasy wise in the first half and then the 2nd half it was feeding the RBs some TDs, if one or two of those would be Hurts TDs we would be looking at a bigger score. Granted it's Detroit, but the addition of Brown could be huge. 

1 minute ago, YK35 said:

Absolutely killed it fantasy wise in the first half and then the 2nd half it was feeding the RBs some TDs, if one or two of those would be Hurts TDs we would be looking at a bigger score. Granted it's Detroit, but the addition of Brown could be huge. 

Hard knocks does a good job of making you think a team is going to really turn it around this year. But the Lions still looked like the Lions. 

AJB definitely gives this guy the go-to receiver he needs. Easy to understand Hurts' preseason rank now. 

On 8/25/2022 at 7:19 PM, devaster said:

What they did in the 1st half of last season was a losing formula regardless of Hurts playing better. They needed a more balanced approach. But the approach the team took was taking the air completely out of the offense. I think it will be more balanced this season as long as Hurts doesn't fall on his face as a passer.

Doesn't look like Hurts is doing much falling on his face

• Like 1

Hurts is on track for an MVP season if he can show up like this against tough opponents. He's the first QB in NFL history 300 passing uds., 50 rushing yds./ and an 80% completion rate through the first two games of the season.

There's a weird but ridiculously large subset of Eagles fans who just don't like this guy for whatever reason. They haven't since day 1 and never will.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

12 minutes ago, EaglesRocker97 said:

Hurts is on track for an MVP season if he can show up like this against tough opponents. He's the first QB in NFL history 300 passing uds., 50 rushing yds./ and an 80% completion rate through the first two games of the season.

There's a weird but ridiculously large subset of Eagles fans who just don't like this guy for whatever reason. They haven't since day 1 and never will.

One of my buddies is a big Eagles fan. When I drafted Hurts at our draft I looked to him for approval. He said he didn’t like Hurts and wished the Eagles stuck with Minshew after he had his good game while Hurts was out 😬

To be fair though it seemed like Hurts was a glorified game manager last year and they were winning in spite of him(run heavy, defense). This year he’s playing really well and I bet most Philly fans have come around 

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I am being proven wrong so far. I'm very impressed. I never doubted his fantasy upside. Will be interesting to see if it continues.

51 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Its week two so I would pump the breaks on the MVP chatter. He looks vastly improved, hopefully he can keep it up. 

I can't envision a scenario where this doesn't continue. They have great receiving weapons, a great OLine, Sanders is actually a pretty electric back, and you could argue Hurts is the best running QB in football if you combine ability with durability. He's a friggin' tank. If you're a defense it's just impossible to stop all of that. 

27 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I can't envision a scenario where this doesn't continue. They have great receiving weapons, a great OLine, Sanders is actually a pretty electric back, and you could argue Hurts is the best running QB in football if you combine ability with durability. He's a friggin' tank. If you're a defense it's just impossible to stop all of that. 

Even if it does continue it may be alot more of week 1 than week 2. Which is not MVP territory. Week 2 was like the game of his life. Either way he's nails for fantasy but it is way too early to be talking about him as league MVP

• Like 2

2 hours ago, owenmills said:

Even if it does continue it may be alot more of week 1 than week 2. Which is not MVP territory. Week 2 was like the game of his life. Either way he's nails for fantasy but it is way too early to be talking about him as league MVP

Yeah exactly….  Nobody is saying it’s not possible but it’s week 2 and their is some guy named Josh and another named Pat that also play in the NFL.