NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Marquise Brown 2022 Outlook

Marquise is an excellent deep ball tracker who can get behind defenses. I think he's limited as a YAC guy and doesn't have the size or strength at the catch point to win contested passes. Should be an excellent complementary WR to DHop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

I can see him being a pretty solid low range WR2. With Hopkins getting most of the attention he should see single coverage a lot with an offense that is going to pass. 

Hopkins was trending towards top-15 WR with the way they were using him, whether that was because he lost a step or Kyler just spreads it around too much.

They have Ertz, and Rondale Moore looking to maybe make a leap. Kind of bad for Moore since they may just keep him a gadget player.

Either way, WR3 I guess since that is what Kirk was, if you're convinced Hollywood is that much better than Kirk. 

• Like 1

Hate the fit.   Hopkins will hog targets, Rondale Moore looks like a coach's toy.  and Zach Ertz has a role, probably big in the red zone.  

Baltimore was similar, but Zona doesn't load up on pass TD's, so it's unlikely Brown gets in the end zone more often, especially when he's now #2 WR behind perhaps the biggest alpha dog in the league.

This is something like the third or fourth straight year where pretty much all of their capital goes to a wideout.   Kirk, Hopkins, Isabella, Rondale, and now Hollywood all drafted or traded with a first or second rounder.  This is not a team that's top to bottom strong, there are other fn needs.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Hate the fit.   Hopkins will hog targets, Rondale Moore looks like a coach's toy.  and Zach Ertz has a role, probably big in the red zone.  

Baltimore was similar, but Zona doesn't load up on pass TD's, so it's unlikely Brown gets in the end zone more often, especially when he's now #2 WR behind perhaps the biggest alpha dog in the league.

This is something like the third or fourth straight year where pretty much all of their capital goes to a wideout.   Kirk, Hopkins, Isabella, Rondale, and now Hollywood all drafted or traded with a first or second rounder.  This is not a team that's top to bottom strong, there are other fn needs.   

It's a better fit than you think. We're living in an era of player power; and guys are no longer fearful of making trade requests. 

Kyler was negotiating pretty hard with the Cards front office, I have a feeling this move was made with a view towards keeping him happy. 

Hollywood couldn't have been all too happy with how the Ravens deployed him. He's going from a low volume passing game to a QB and scheme he's a lot more familiar with. This is a good move for him, and one he probably asked for behind the scenes. 

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Hollywood couldn't have been all too happy with how the Ravens deployed him. He's going from a low volume passing game to a QB and scheme he's a lot more familiar with. This is a good move for him, and one he probably asked for behind the scenes. 

Turns out he did ask for a trade.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ravens-gm-eric-decosta-says-hollywood-brown-wanted-out-of-baltimore-new-cardinals-wr-was-at-team-draft-party/

1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

It's a better fit than you think. We're living in an era of player power; and guys are no longer fearful of making trade requests. 

Kyler was negotiating pretty hard with the Cards front office, I have a feeling this move was made with a view towards keeping him happy. 

Hollywood was the 10th most targeted pass catcher in football last year. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Deuce1042 said:

Hollywood was the 10th most targeted pass catcher in football last year. 

He got a lot of bad targets (short, badly timed passes), and didn't help himself with all the drops. 

He just never got it going in Baltimore. 

He'll like playing with Kyler Murray:

2 hours ago, predator_05 said:

I think all of this is valid and you can say it makes Arizona better, but I just don't think Hollywood does more there in fantasy given the surrounding dudes

The Cards RB's combined for 20 TD's last year.  Kyler threw for 24.  He's averaged ~23 for his career.  I agree with the above poster who feared there may not be enough work to go around.  Ertz/D-Hop will be the receivers he's looking for in the RZ.  Hollywood is just going to be a boom/bust home run hitter IMO.  If you're drafting him at a WR2 price I think you're in for a rude awakening.  He'll probably be in the WR3 range imo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BrianM said:

I think all of this is valid and you can say it makes Arizona better, but I just don't think Hollywood does more there in fantasy given the surrounding dudes

More mouths to feed but getting away from Greg Roman, who didn't properly utilize him or play up to his strengths will help big time. Just watched a vid where Brown literally says he didn't like the system and has wanted out the past two seasons. He had Andrews, but there was never a WR1 to draw defensive attention and really free him. Think he has a breakout season.

Edited by Finisher

18 hours ago, Finisher said:

More mouths to feed but getting away from Greg Roman, who didn't properly utilize him or play up to his strengths will help big time. Just watched a vid where Brown literally says he didn't like the system and has wanted out the past two seasons. He had Andrews, but there was never a WR1 to draw defensive attention and really free him. Think he has a breakout season.

I watched that and some of what he said is stuff that I've echoed about their offense, but a lot of what he said simply wasn't grounded in reality. It just wasn't. 

22 hours ago, predator_05 said:

He got a lot of bad targets (short, badly timed passes), and didn't help himself with all the drops. 

He just never got it going in Baltimore. 

He'll like playing with Kyler Murray:

He caught 91 passes man. The dude is in the top 10 in TD catches among WRs since he's been drafted. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 11:48 AM, Deuce1042 said:

He caught 91 passes man. The dude is in the top 10 in TD catches among WRs since he's been drafted. 

Right if he catches the balls he dropped last season he could have 1200 yards even with his starting QB going down.. I used to think Hollywood wasn’t very good but I may have misjudged him. 

If you go into virtually any Cardinals WR thread in the Kingsbury era I think you're going to find a real rollercoaster ride of emotions.

They are certainly more pass friendly than the Ravens, but good luck knowing who gets featured and who gets ignored any particular week.

• Like 1

I too will rethink my Hollywood take with Hopkins out.  They'll expect him to lead the way and I'm sure he'll get fed for the first 6 weeks........and honestly?   Hopkins was god mode when he first got there, but this has the potential to negatively effect the team's relationship with him.  Hollywood can definitely have an "I'm the captain now!" moment, with Nuk getting cast aside

• 1 month later...

If he's cheap enough, he'll make for an intriguing 4 week rental while Hopkins is out.  Once Hop gets back, I don't think a single pass catcher on the team can reliably be depended on for noteworthy production on a consistent basis.  They spread the ball out way too much, no one gets forcefed, and it will be very sporadic week to week.