Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Kadarius Toney 2022 Outlook


Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, yossarian said:

All I know is they were giving wr snaps to Daniel Jones on a bad ankle before they were willing to give toney wr snaps. No reason at all to hold this guy anymore.

I don’t understand, are you under the impression that Toney was active today?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

It is not the assistant ball boy. It is someone much, much, much higher. And you're right of course, there is a 99.99% chance that I could say exactly who it is and how I got the info and it would cause absolutely no problems. 

But even the 0.01% risk that something bad did happen to someone in my life is nowhere near acceptable weighed against the return of convincing you, some guy that I don't know, that what I'm saying is true. 

Like I said earlier, it's up to you if you want to believe. I dont care.  No reason to attack me for trying to help. 

Thank u ghost. 

Fair enough.  So you have a connection to Brian Daboll or the OC, very nice.  Daboll was on record several weeks ago saying he had no concern about Toney learning the information, although of course he can say anything.  But I also do seem to recall reading in various sources that there were concerns with Toney learning the presnap assignments and what to run, etc.

I am holding because the guy has athletic ability.  The magnificent trio of Sills, James, and Golladay combined for 2 catches, 6 targets, and 14 yards.  Not exactly lighting it up.  Given that there's nothing on my waiver wire that could be remotely impact worthy (Rondale Moore doesn't seem to be it), I am holding.  He's 27% Yahoo owned, so I know I'm not alone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, yossarian said:

All I know is they were giving wr snaps to Daniel Jones on a bad ankle before they were willing to give toney wr snaps. No reason at all to hold this guy anymore.


There is cold splash of reality. Lol!

FFS so brutal and on the money having it spelled out like this. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:


There is cold splash of reality. Lol!

FFS so brutal and on the money having it spelled out like this. 

Except it's not reality.. it's fiction. Toney was out/inactive. Daniel Jones lined up at WR because he has the green dot & had to get the plays into the huddle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Except it's not reality.. it's fiction. Toney was out/inactive. Daniel Jones lined up at WR because he has the green dot & had to get the plays into the huddle.

Agreed.  I think anyone who is remotely interested in Toney - or at least interested in making fun of the athlete and those of us that hold on to hope that he will become relevant - should know that he was inactive.  

Comments such as "Ha ha, Toney is so awful and the coaches hate him so much that they put a one legged Daniel Jones at WR in his place" make for good fun though and promote the narrative.

Given the state of the WR is in flux without any stars, I'm going to try to be patient and see if he can get it together.  But outlook admittedly has been questionable.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FreakFries said:


There is cold splash of reality. Lol!

FFS so brutal and on the money having it spelled out like this. 

What part of he was inactive do you guys not get?  You’re like the third person on this page that completely missed that point.  The place kicker had a better shot at lining up as a WR than Toney did yesterday, that means nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, FreakFries said:


There is cold splash of reality. Lol!

FFS so brutal and on the money having it spelled out like this. 

amazing they'd give more wr snaps to a gimpy qb than a wannabe gimpy qb 

😆

tells ya a whole lot.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

What part of he was inactive do you guys not get?  You’re like the third person on this page that completely missed that point.  The place kicker had a better shot at lining up as a WR than Toney did yesterday, that means nothing.

Yes, there was 0 chance of him playing on Sunday since he was ruled out, but the point is that the QB was willing to gut it out, while the WR who by all accounts should be doing whatever he can to win favor with the new coaching staff is now on day 41 of Grade 1 hamstring strain.

Since being drafted into the NFL he literally has more injuries than games with 1+ targets:

 

14-Aug-21 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Toney missed most of the training camp with a hamstring injury.
10-Oct-21 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney suffered an ankle injury in Week 5 loss to the Cowboys. He was good for the next game.
17-Oct-21 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney aggravated his existing ankle injury in Week 6's loss to the Rams. He missed one game
22-Nov-21 NFL Leg Quad Strain Toney missed four games due to a quad injury.
1-Dec-21 NFL Abdomen Muscle Strain Grade 2 Toney missed three games due to an oblique injury.
29-Dec-21 NFL Shoulder Toney picked up a shoulder ahead of the Giants' Week 17 game.
21-May-22 NFL Knee Tear Toney underwent minor knee surgery earlier this offseason, but he is expected to be ready for training camp, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports.
23-Aug-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Missed part of training camp
15-Sep-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney tweaked the same hamstring in practice on September 15. He played 3 days later.
21-Sep-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Hamstring soreness, limited on Sept 22 but missed Week 3 and Week 4

 

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, The Dirtdog said:

What part of he was inactive do you guys not get?  You’re like the third person on this page that completely missed that point.  The place kicker had a better shot at lining up as a WR than Toney did yesterday, that means nothing.


Well, Toney not playing means his ceiling kinda sucks. 
 

Toney wasn’t on the injury report one of the weeks he played (or both) was widely reported to be in the coaches dog house and accumulated a total of three targets. 
 

Honestly, yes, I think they might trust Jones more. They know Toney is obviously a better WR but I think they trust Jones more.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:


If this is true and he doesn’t play this week I’m cutting bait as soon as I need the bench spot.

It is very much true; Unfinished business/Comeback tour narrative if you will … 

Nothing ironed out, “it’s a business”, yada yada yada … but yes he was very much in the building 

$$$ will determine next steps, but he was here and it was … quite amicable.

(Toney should’ve been dropped … Wandale close to a return stash him before the waiver “experts” tell you to next week)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beckham is very close personal friends with Sterling Shepard … he was 100% in the building and did meet with “higher ups” 

Beckham still has some very strong ties to this organization … if the Giants continue to win with a dominant run game / defense - he is absolutely being considered as a late season addition 

Beckham will not be playing before  November and the Giants record will dictate how aggressive the offer is … but yes, the story is real 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, vercrazy said:

Yes, there was 0 chance of him playing on Sunday since he was ruled out, but the point is that the QB was willing to gut it out, while the WR who by all accounts should be doing whatever he can to win favor with the new coaching staff is now on day 41 of Grade 1 hamstring strain.

Since being drafted into the NFL he literally has more injuries than games with 1+ targets:

 

14-Aug-21 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Toney missed most of the training camp with a hamstring injury.
10-Oct-21 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney suffered an ankle injury in Week 5 loss to the Cowboys. He was good for the next game.
17-Oct-21 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney aggravated his existing ankle injury in Week 6's loss to the Rams. He missed one game
22-Nov-21 NFL Leg Quad Strain Toney missed four games due to a quad injury.
1-Dec-21 NFL Abdomen Muscle Strain Grade 2 Toney missed three games due to an oblique injury.
29-Dec-21 NFL Shoulder Toney picked up a shoulder ahead of the Giants' Week 17 game.
21-May-22 NFL Knee Tear Toney underwent minor knee surgery earlier this offseason, but he is expected to be ready for training camp, Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports.
23-Aug-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Missed part of training camp
15-Sep-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Toney tweaked the same hamstring in practice on September 15. He played 3 days later.
21-Sep-22 NFL Thigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Hamstring soreness, limited on Sept 22 but missed Week 3 and Week 4

 

______________ battled injuries constantly for his first year and a half in the NFL but then overcame those various injuries and went on to be a reliable fantasy WR.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/2/2022 at 7:29 PM, SuperJoint said:

Yeah this thread is just dumb now. 44 pages. And yes I know I'm contributing to it by posting but FFS...

If this thread is dumb, then the Jordan Mason thread is pure idiocy 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...