NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jazz Chisholm 2022 Outlook

41 minutes ago, mks said:

Maybe BASEBALL players need to stop BULK lifting weights and thinking that got to be like Hulks. All it does is cause problems with their backs and Legs

Been saying this for YEARS.

• Like 1

Shoulder (diving play) & hamstring IL stints in 2021 and the back this year.  It has not been any one chronic thing yet.

As for him not playing every day, that was noted by the beat writers to be in an effort to keep him healthy.

Even missing some time, he is terrific. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Seriously people are whining too much about this. Get over it.

Imagine gripping about a bum and a chump that’s hitting .250 and nearly 15/15 before the all-star break.

Injuries happen. Injuries are frustrating. I get it. I own him. But a lot of these vents and rants are over the top. If he’s such a chump, I challenge those who think as such to flat drop him right now.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Seriously people are whining too much about this. Get over it.

I complain when players don’t produce. That isn’t the case here.

He ain't producing anything on the IL. The best ability is avalablity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

People go on the IL man. Sorry to tell you.

Yeah on the team I own Jazz he is the is 12th player currently on the IL.  We have Yahoo's max 10 slots so 2 of my active roster slots are filled with the walking wounded.  I don't whine about it.  Wince a little privately?  Yes.  Whine?  No.  It is how baseball is these days.  You have to draft ahead for it or plan your dynasty or keeper leagues with that in mind.

• Like 1

not looking promising on a return before the all star break, but maybe thats for the best...

(52 mins ago) Chisholm (back) is taking part in mobility and core-strengthening work at the Marlins' spring training facility in Jupiter, Fla. this week, Christina De Nicola of MLB.com reports.

Though Chisholm isn't being shut down while he works to overcome a right lower-back strain, the fact that he isn't conducting his workouts in Miami doesn't inspire much confidence that he'll be ready to return from the 10-day injured list Saturday when first eligible. A return during the final week of the All-Star break could still be in play for Chisholm, depending on what kind of progress he demonstrates over the next few days.

Posted (edited)

The Rumor mill is saying the Mariners are interested. I don’t know is that a good or bad thing but one thing I do know and that is the Miami/Florida Marlins franchise is a joke. As soon as they discover somebody they get rid of them. They are basically a Major League Farm system. 

Edited by Cdub2k
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

The Rumor mill is saying the Mariners are interested. I don’t know is that a good or bad thing but one thing I do know and that is the Miami/Florida Marlins franchise is a joke. As soon as they discover somebody they get rid of them. They are basically a Major League Farm system. 

Baseball has been like that for 120 years. Teams feed their best players to the teams with the most money. There needs to be a system where teams get punished for NOT trying to win.

• 2 weeks later...

He was pushing to play in the ASG and since he didn't, they are probably not going to rush it -- that said he should hopefully be ready very soon if his rehab & baseball activities didn't bring back any back issues.

Jazz Chisholm Jr. underwent a followup CT scan on his lower back.

The results are not yet available, but if they ultimately show the level of healing that the Marlins' medical staff is looking for, Chisholm should get clearance to incorporate more baseball activities into his side workouts. He has been on the shelf since June 29 because of a lower back strain.

15 minutes ago, herschel said:

Jazz Chisholm Jr. underwent a followup CT scan on his lower back.

The results are not yet available, but if they ultimately show the level of healing that the Marlins' medical staff is looking for, Chisholm should get clearance to incorporate more baseball activities into his side workouts. He has been on the shelf since June 29 because of a lower back strain.

Edited by Strikeforce316

Awful news:

Jazz Chisholm Jr. will be sidelined approximately six weeks after a CT scan revealed a stress fracture in his back.

Well, that's a bummer. Chisholm Jr. has already missed nearly a month with his back issue and now we know why his progress had stalled. It's an injury which will likely keep him out of action until at least September, and that's even if his rehab goes smoothly moving forward. Unfortunately, Chisholm Jr. looks like a drop in redraft formats with limited IL spots.

7 minutes ago, herschel said:

Awful news:

Jazz Chisholm Jr. will be sidelined approximately six weeks after a CT scan revealed a stress fracture in his back.

Well, that's a bummer. Chisholm Jr. has already missed nearly a month with his back issue and now we know why his progress had stalled. It's an injury which will likely keep him out of action until at least September, and that's even if his rehab goes smoothly moving forward. Unfortunately, Chisholm Jr. looks like a drop in redraft formats with limited IL spots.

Ooof.  Trying my best to hang around the top of league, and I'm down him and Harper until late in the season.