NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jazz Chisholm 2022 Outlook

Yup.. I have him in 2 Best Ball leagues so far.  Hoping he can go 25/25.  He has some help in that lineup now with Soler, Garcia, and a healthy Cooper.  They may even let him run a little more and could see upwards of 30 SBs.

nice to see Jazz Chisolm hitting leadoff. This player has very nice HR and SB potential even though he will probably strike out a little more than we hope. Its still early but i dont see a better option than him at leadoff spot and if the line up from spring training sticks we should get nice uptick in runs. I really like the upside here and i have him as one of the better 2B options as far as cost benefit goes. for me hes a top 10 2b with room for lots of improvements, I even prefer Jazz even over reigning rookie of year jonathan india. there are a few 2B above him such as ozzie, semien, merrifield, lowe, altuve, baez, maybe marte... however in dynasty his ranking for me should be higher than a lot of those guys on wrong side of 30. marlins have underrated line up and he should stick at leadoff and 2B...im buying shares of jazz. solid player and very exciting. 

• Like 1

I’m out on Jazz this year. Upside is exciting and wouldn’t be shocked if he reached it but he has a ton of swing and miss and really only had one good month. He hit 311 with a 900+ OPS in April and then the rest of the 5 months he hit 236 with a sub 650 OPS. I need to see more to trust him but I do think the risk is baked into his cost.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mks said:

Left today game after getting hit on hand. " Sigh" 

Bruised hand. Ball took a bad hop fielding a grounder. I feared it happened while batting.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:44 PM, herschel said:

hit a grand slam yesterday but worried he may hit 9th.  if hes at the bottom of that lineup, would be a huge hit to his value.

Why would he hit 9th.  He is arguably one of Miami's best hitter.  Period.  And he is slated to lead-off.

You're drafting him knowing he more than likely will kill your AVG & more than likely OBP if you play in those sorts of leagues.  What you ARE getting is a guy in your MI that potentially could go for .245/25/80/25-30.... which most of us would take all day/every day.  Just hope he stays healthy - most importantly his legs are healthy!

• Like 1