NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2022 Outlook

On 6/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, FFCollusion said:

Kareem Hunt was on video pushing and 1 half effort kick to a woman.  8 games.

This was 5 or 6 full force strikes, also on video.  I understand that Goodell is a joke, and nothing is ever consistent, but if the gender of the victim doesn't matter, then this should also be 8, and due to number of strikes, force of those strikes, and the intent to do harm, combined with how dangerous the surrounding environment was... You could make a strong argument he deserves even more.

I expect 6 or less though, because everything is made up and the points don't matter.

The gender obviously does matter tho. The nfl doles out suspensions not based on some sort of precedent or rules; but rather by PR and media uproar. Been little no coverage about this but certainly would be if the victim was female 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

The gender obviously does matter tho.

Unfortunately there are some people who seem to confuse "gender equality" (or racial equality or any kind of equality) with "treat everyone equally horrible."

You can treat women fairly but still give a bit more protection to a 100 pound individual getting beaten up by a trained 200 pound a**hole. You can try to give more equal chances to people by helping the guy who has no food. Etc. 

The word equality seems to trigger some people. I'm sure it's for comedic effect only though.

4 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

The word equality seems to trigger some people. I'm sure it's for comedic effect only though.

In America in general I feel like some people who are born on second base feel the need to get defensive in as many ways as are humanly possible with those that would point out they didn't hit a double.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

In America in general I feel like some people who are born on second base feel the need to get defensive in as many ways as are humanly possible with those that would point out they didn't hit a double.

Excellent way to put it. I was born on first or second base and have no problem admitting such. It seems that many who make a big deal out of denying their advantageous starts do so out of insecurity. People can be capable whether they start with or without those advantages. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, YoungDro said:

Excellent way to put it. I was born on first or second base and have no problem admitting such. It seems that many who make a big deal out of denying their advantageous starts do so out of insecurity. People can be capable whether they start with or without those advantages. 

For sure.  I was probably born close to third and started running backwards as a teenager.  😂

I feel like some people think that displaying consciousness of this or the accompanying empathy that typically results somehow causes them to lose social or actual currency (witness the fascination with potentially being "cancelled" and the lack of awareness over how that came to be or what the consequences actually mean).  When in actuality it's just being ever so slightly more self aware.

Thread suddenly becoming a baseball…thing or whatever it is. Sure, I’ll participate…I was born not knowing what baseball is. 

Nobody asked. But I’ll just give my opinion anyway…just like Watson, put this dude on your DND list and target someone else at the same range and you will get to enjoy your fantasy football season a lot better. 

• Thanks 1

took the plunge at pick 20 in the roto master chef leeg ... hoping for leniency, but, expecting at least a 4 game sit - who knows? 

Florio is a massive garanimal wearing toolbox, but he is usually keyed in pretty well - i'd consider it a steal if he gets 2, and better than Xmas morning if he somehow escapes unscathed ...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ddec37bcf75828f6c

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, affliction said:

Dropping to mid 3rd rd over at underdog. Sign me up while people are scared. 

i use FantasyPros sim, and i went heavy mock during the runup to the current roto draft. 14 teams, i am in the 9 hole - he didn't make it back to me in once using that site - he was gone early 2nd rd, mostly at the 14/15 elbow. 

so who knows ... it's a slam dunk pick as is, though - until the discipline (or lack thereof) is announced.  

i'm sure if he gets the rumored 6 game sit it will sink him like a stone ... but, as of this writing, he's available. 

1 hour ago, Pastor3 said:

i use FantasyPros sim, and i went heavy mock during the runup to the current roto draft. 14 teams, i am in the 9 hole - he didn't make it back to me in once using that site - he was gone early 2nd rd, mostly at the 14/15 elbow. 

so who knows ... it's a slam dunk pick as is, though - until the discipline (or lack thereof) is announced.  

i'm sure if he gets the rumored 6 game sit it will sink him like a stone ... but, as of this writing, he's available. 

This is why I like drafting early. Him and all of the Browns skill players are taking a hit. Watson and Kamara are gambles that could pay off. 

43 minutes ago, affliction said:

This is why I like drafting early. Him and all of the Browns skill players are taking a hit. Watson and Kamara are gambles that could pay off. 

wouldn't it be a knock in the nutz if AK got more games off than Watson?

😆

... it's possible. 

unlikely, but possible. 

• Haha 1

I guess we know a little more after Aug 1st? If Goodell doesn't make a decision here by mid Aug he officially hates fantasy football. I've had Kamara as a single keeper since his rookie year in one league, permanent team captain. May have to let him go free for Kupp (maybe even if he does play), but if they wait on this until next year it will be surprising and make me sad. Hopefully its a quick trial and he just gets probation

3 hours ago, zorndogs said:

I guess we know a little more after Aug 1st? If Goodell doesn't make a decision here by mid Aug he officially hates fantasy football. I've had Kamara as a single keeper since his rookie year in one league, permanent team captain. May have to let him go free for Kupp (maybe even if he does play), but if they wait on this until next year it will be surprising and make me sad. Hopefully its a quick trial and he just gets probation

from what i understand, the Aug 1 date is just for plea, etc ... it's not the trial itself. 

this fella seems to think AK plays to start the season: 

... again, only one guy's opinion, but it does extrapolate the legalese a bit better. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, zorndogs said:

Uhhhh kupp is the answer either way, why is this even a question???

On 7/10/2022 at 7:38 AM, Pastor3 said:

took the plunge at pick 20 in the roto master chef leeg ... hoping for leniency, but, expecting at least a 4 game sit - who knows? 

Florio is a massive garanimal wearing toolbox, but he is usually keyed in pretty well - i'd consider it a steal if he gets 2, and better than Xmas morning if he somehow escapes unscathed ...

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952ddec37bcf75828f6c

Muppets is back! Good to see you remember your login this time. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, ginocan said:

Muppets is back! Good to see you remember your login this time. 

i had to reset it a couple/few times, but ... seems legit now 😁

as for AK41, well ... it's possible Florio clickbaited himself into a corner - it was worth taking the shot this early. 

concerned about his receptions, though ... i think the days of 80+ are gone, especially if slant boi comes back at least 80% fit to start. 

him & Landry can soak up crabby's intermediate/short game, with Olave working deeper seams ... Kamara will still get his, but i think the ceiling shrunk a bit.  

On 7/16/2022 at 7:35 PM, Pastor3 said:

i had to reset it a couple/few times, but ... seems legit now 😁

as for AK41, well ... it's possible Florio clickbaited himself into a corner - it was worth taking the shot this early. 

concerned about his receptions, though ... i think the days of 80+ are gone, especially if slant boi comes back at least 80% fit to start. 

him & Landry can soak up crabby's intermediate/short game, with Olave working deeper seams ... Kamara will still get his, but i think the ceiling shrunk a bit.  

I think Kamara is an elite talent, and he will always be the best player on the field, so I don’t worry to much about added competition. The Saints passing weapons last year were SO weak that it was difficult for Kamara to have any sort of efficiency when the entire defense was solely focused on him. I think the additions on offense will do nothing but help. Winston was already on record saying that he has been working this off-season on his short to intermediate accuracy because he wants to be way better about picking up easy yards dumping it off to AK in space. Love him this year if it looks like the suspension won’t hit until 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

I think Kamara is an elite talent, and he will always be the best player on the field, so I don’t worry to much about added competition. The Saints passing weapons last year were SO weak that it was difficult for Kamara to have any sort of efficiency when the entire defense was solely focused on him. I think the additions on offense will do nothing but help. Winston was already on record saying that he has been working this off-season on his short to intermediate accuracy because he wants to be way better about picking up easy yards dumping it off to AK in space. Love him this year if it looks like the suspension won’t hit until 2023. 

just took him @ 3.5 with the thought of a 2-4 game hook. worth it?

42 minutes ago, FinsUp24 said:

nobody questioned his talent. 

but his days of 80+ receptions are likely dunzo - i'd set the o/u at 64.5

7 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Hes their best WR. Im expecting 80's at minimum.

Not with Winston man, particularly with Sean Peyton gone. Watching their games last year it's clear Winston absolutely does not want to dump off like Brees. Kamara had one blow up game with Winston against Seattle where it was clearly the gameplan to feed him and Seattle left him uncovered in the first half. 

I think his days of being fed like in the Brees era are very much over, Jameis is going to look to air it out and Sean Peyton isn't there to keep him in check. Not to mention they probably shouldn't keep him in check anyway with a WR trio of MT, Landry, and Olave. 

• Thanks 1