Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2022 Outlook


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

No way its 10 games.

Sure, but the point is, no way "reasonable cause" should get him off the hook. And I say this as a Kamara fan (until February), no you don't get a pass for beating a guy to pulp in an elevator. ESPECIALLY if you're a trained athlete and you have your gang with you.

Money talks, so I guess they will find a way, but I sincerely hope the NFL sends a signal that this is not ok.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Sure, but the point is, no way "reasonable cause" should get him off the hook. And I say this as a Kamara fan (until February), no you don't get a pass for beating a guy to pulp in an elevator. ESPECIALLY if you're a trained athlete and you have your gang with you.

Money talks, so I guess they will find a way, but I sincerely hope the NFL sends a signal that this is not ok.

6 games is the min and seems kinda light.  They stomped the  dude while he was on the ground and severely injured him.. Not cool to say the least.  It's a casino. Cameras everywhere. In the elevator, outside the elevator etc. Vegas's tourism doesn't want that sort of thing being publicly high profile. The NFL and gambling are now partners, hmmm, not such a good look. These are criminal charges not civil. Jail time/pleaded probation are strong possibilities.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

6 games is the min and seems kinda light.  They stomped the  dude while he was on the ground and severely injured him.. Not cool to say the least.  It's a casino. Cameras everywhere. In the elevator, outside the elevator etc. Vegas's tourism doesn't want that sort of thing being publicly high profile. The NFL and gambling are now partners, hmmm, not such a good look. These are criminal charges not civil. Jail time/pleaded probation are strong possibilities.

NFL needs to focus on Kamara's role for Kamara's punishment.  Leave "they" out of the equation.  Same goes for the other NFL player(s) involved, focus on individuals and their involvement.

Kamara threw somewhere around 6-8 punches and no stomps from the report I read.  Did any of those come after the victim stopped defending himself or fell down?  To go above 6 games the answer to that question would need to be yes for me.  If it was a fist fight while Kamara was involved then he backed off, I wouldn't be opposed to lowering to 4-5 games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, JAG said:

Kamara threw somewhere around 6-8 punches and no stomps from the report I read.  Did any of those come after the victim stopped defending himself or fell down?  To go above 6 games the answer to that question would need to be yes for me.  If it was a fist fight while Kamara was involved then he backed off, I wouldn't be opposed to lowering to 4-5 games.

Yes, his boy apparently dropped him, then Kamara punched him while he was on the floor & his buddies stomped him. The victim never threw a punch, was just trying to get on the elevator. Typical gutless move by the posse when it’s 6 on 1. Kamara will probably get 6 games, appealed to 4 because the NFL doesn’t really care that much

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

Yes, his boy apparently dropped him, then Kamara punched him while he was on the floor & his buddies stomped him. The victim never threw a punch, was just trying to get on the elevator. Typical gutless move by the posse when it’s 6 on 1. Kamara will probably get 6 games, appealed to 4 because the NFL doesn’t really care that much

Thanks for clarifying that.  Then give him 8, appeal down to 6.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

Yes, his boy apparently dropped him, then Kamara punched him while he was on the floor & his buddies stomped him. The victim never threw a punch, was just trying to get on the elevator. Typical gutless move by the posse when it’s 6 on 1. Kamara will probably get 6 games, appealed to 4 because the NFL doesn’t really care that much

The group told him not to enter the elevator with them for security reasons and the "victim" still acted like an a** and tried to enter still. He got what he deserved. Now get paid and move on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

The group told him not to enter the elevator with them for security reasons

It's not their elevator and it's not their business telling anyone what to do.

32 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

the "victim"

No, the victim.

32 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

still acted like an a** and tried to enter still.

Well, if a group of assholes try to prevent me from entering into a public elevator, I might also ignore them. 

33 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

He got what he deserved.

Dude. EVEN if you behave like an a**hole, you do not deserve to be beaten by 6 men to the point where you have a broken eye socket.

What's wrong with you? Seriously, what's wrong with you man?

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

It's not their elevator and it's not their business telling anyone what to do.

No, the victim.

Well, if a group of assholes try to prevent me from entering into a public elevator, I might also ignore them. 

Dude. EVEN if you behave like an a**hole, you do not deserve to be beaten by 6 men to the point where you have a broken eye socket.

What's wrong with you? Seriously, what's wrong with you man?

Nothings wrong with me lol you act as if this victim was just standing there and didnt say anything and still got jumped. He seeked an a** beating. You must be from a soft area.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Nothings wrong with me lol you act as if this victim was just standing there and didnt say anything and still got jumped. He seeked an a** beating. You must be from a soft area.

 

So you consider that retribution for saying something (before that you mentioned the problem was that he wanted in the elevator) is to get beaten by six men?

Again, what is wrong with you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"Well, if a group of assholes try to prevent me from entering into a public elevator, I might also ignore them. "

 

lol 

So if the secret service was with the president waiting for an elevator and they asked you to take the next one you would still attempt to get in because its a public elevator?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kamara should still get suspended as he/they shouldnt have beatin the man when he was down already...


I just think this could have been avoided if the guy showed some patience and didnt feel too privileged to have to wait so that a group of black dudes can ride alone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

"He said no when they asked him not to ride in a public elevator so he deserved it" is definitely an odd take.

I crossed paths with the LA Lakers in November at a hotel.   Nobody did **** to keep me from riding in the same elevator as a bunch of em, and I didn't need a key card or anything to just walk right in there like I belonged.  And this wasn't Vegas, where a high roller probably walks on the floor multiple times per day. It was in fn Milwaukee where they stood out quite a bit.    Kamara isn't entitled to anything- he's not a senator or anyone with a moderate security risk.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Kamara should still get suspended as he/they shouldnt have beatin the man when he was down already...


I just think this could have been avoided if the guy showed some patience and didnt feel too privileged to have to wait so that a group of black dudes can ride alone. 

Have you ever been to this club? (Drai’s) 

Yes, I have…It’s an after-party full of ghetto goons drunk as hell with booze muscles. There are fights there almost every night because they show up hammered & just get worse until 5-6am when this happened. The VICTIM was surely impaired, so some sort of consideration should have been taken instead of just pounding the VICTIM into the floor. Gutless punks, Kamara included. I’d like to see a minimum of 8 games to send a message about this crap but I’m sure it won’t happen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Privileged white man  shouldnt have to wait  for another elevator. This is your argument 

1) No, I'm fairly sure that's not my argument.

2) I don't think the guy is white. You decide.

Alvin-Kamara-Saints-1024x574.jpg

(It's hard to tell, tbh)

3) neither Kamara nor Green have mentioned anything like that (obviously Green wouldn't, but notably also Kamara didn't).

Kamara said Green called someone (possibly Kamara's girlfriend) ugly. Which could have happened, I don't care. If you're over 5 years old, that's not a reason to beat someone up, especially if you are strong enough to kill someone.

And maybe you don't care and maybe you think beating people up is fine, but here's the funny thing: the law does care. 

So yeah, maybe don't do that.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The law does care and there will be some sort of civil repercussions for Kamara to likely face. But no way he is catching a legal case.

We don't know what (if anything) happened between all these individuals prior or what was said in the elevator.

This was also semi-peak covid time, you damn sure better not being trying to get on an elevator with a group of strangers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Privileged white man  shouldnt have to wait  for another elevator. This is your argument 

 

3 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

The law does care and there will be some sort of civil repercussions for Kamara to likely face. But no way he is catching a legal case.

We don't know what (if anything) happened between all these individuals prior or what was said in the elevator.

This was also semi-peak covid time, you damn sure better not being trying to get on an elevator with a group of strangers.

JFC these are some really lame takes trying to excuse Kamara & his crew acting like a pack of animals. First, the victim wasn’t white, do some research. It’s not hard. Second, being out all night until sunrise in Vegas clubbing…I’ll bet my life the last thing they were worried about was Covid 🤦🏻‍♂️
Are you guys stuck with Kamara in keeper leagues? SMDH…

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

 

JFC these are some really lame takes trying to excuse Kamara & his crew acting like a pack of animals. First, the victim wasn’t white, do some research. It’s not hard. Second, being out all night until sunrise in Vegas clubbing…I’ll bet my life the last thing they were worried about was Covid 🤦🏻‍♂️
Are you guys stuck with Kamara in keeper leagues? SMDH…

I didn't say a thing about the ethnicity of anyone. Regardless of covid, people have the right to their space.

And yeah, I am 'stuck' with one of the most prolific point scoring RBs to ever do it. A guy that didn't have any other issues with conduct in the NFL before this.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I didn't say a thing about the ethnicity of anyone. Regardless of covid, people have the right to their space.

And yeah, I am 'stuck' with one of the most prolific point scoring RBs to ever do it. A guy that didn't have any other issues with conduct in the NFL before this.

The response had 2 parts, only the 2nd was for you.  And it was a PUBLIC elevator, not like the guy was trespassing.  Being "stuck" with him, you obviously fear the coming suspension while trying to defend the behavior & hoping the NFL actually reads these boards 🤷🏽‍♂️  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

But no way he is catching a legal case.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, there is a legal case and the hearing is set for August 1st (moved again):
https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/news/alvin-kamara-hearing-august

Battery resulting to substantial bodily harm could lead to jail time:
https://www.shouselaw.com/nv/defense/nrs/200-481-battery/ (IANAL)

The civil suit is expected but pending:
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/25/civil-lawsuit-is-also-expected-against-alvin-kamara/

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...