NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Alvin Kamara 2022 Outlook

On 3/19/2022 at 12:18 PM, Dislimb said:

Potential legal problems aside, the Saints won’t have a legit QB this season so I’d still knock him down at least one full tier in my rankings.

Not to mention losing some of the O line and Payton as a playcaller. He'd have to fall quite a bit for me to get excited about him this year

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Lost one of the brightest offensive minds and play-callers in the NFL in Sean Payton
  • Lost his 3X pro-bowl LT in Terron Armstead
  • Jameis will be coming off a torn ACL (hey Burrow was coming off one last year too though)
  • Will be 27 at seasons start

Kamara is a superstar and might be able to defy the odds and still put up 1st round value next year, but this is one of those situations where I'm probably going to be okay letting that happen on another team. 

• Like 1

Trying to take the suspension out of my POV, I've got my gut telling me to stay far away, but then I look at the roster and i honestly don't think it's that bad.   They've still got a couple firsts and a little cap space to add to the offense, and if Thomas plays (insert joke here) and they add some line or WR help (can easily do both) Kamara doesn't have to be a hero.  

19 hours ago, fletch44 said:

Anyone know when they'll make a determination on if/how long Kamara will be suspended ?

My guess is they will first wait for the court case to be handled.

https://www.wbrz.com/news/court-date-reset-for-alvin-kamara-others-in-vegas-case/

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A judge in Las Vegas postponed until next month a hearing in an assault case involving two NFL players and two other men accused of severely beating a man at a Las Vegas Strip nightclub the weekend of the Pro Bowl.

New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara, Kansas City Chiefs cornerback Chris Lammons and two other defendants — Darrin Young and Percy Harris — did not have to appear in court in person Tuesday while a prosecutor acknowledged that video evidence and witness statements are still being provided to their attorneys.

Justice of the Peace Harmony Letizia reset the hearing for April 25.

We're talking serious assault, and under Vegas law, he could be in the books for a chunk of prison time:

https://www.halfpricelawyers.com/criminal-defense/penalties-assault-battery-nevada/

The Victim Suffers a Serious Injury

A serious injury quickly enhances an assault or battery charge. An assault becomes a category B felony, punishable by one to six years in prison and a $5,000 fine.

A battery that results in substantial bodily harm is a category C felony punishable by one to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

A suspension may be the least of his worries.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 1:22 PM, fletch44 said:

Anyone know when they'll make a determination on if/how long Kamara will be suspended ?

rumor is 6 games. don’t know when that will be served or if any chance of appeal knocking it down.,Ak has been going in rd 2 —i’m out. saints are a sinking ship…

I'd be surprised at anything more than 1-2 games of suspension. They have no tape of him doing anything and he has 'fall guys' aligned.

Case keeps getting pushed back, this may end up being a small problem for 2023. As for 2022, huge upside if you can get him at a discount.

34 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'd be surprised at anything more than 1-2 games of suspension. They have no tape of him doing anything and he has 'fall guys' aligned.

Case keeps getting pushed back, this may end up being a small problem for 2023. As for 2022, huge upside if you can get him at a discount.

The thing is they do have video of him. It’s very complicated but Kamara is on tape punching the guy 5-6 times then his friends start to beat him while he’s on the ground.  I’ve been trying to do my best to stay caught up with the situation, at worst I think it’s a 6 game suspension, while logically thinking it’s 2-4.

I completely agree he is a good buy low, and the case did get pushed back which makes people think they are working on a plea. That’s why the video has not been released to the public, but I’ve talked to linked in saints fans and that video is not pretty evidently.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Breesus said:

The thing is they do have video of him. It’s very complicated but Kamara is on tape punching the guy 5-6 times then his friends start to beat him while he’s on the ground.  I’ve been trying to do my best to stay caught up with the situation, at worst I think it’s a 6 game suspension, while logically thinking it’s 2-4.

I completely agree he is a good buy low, and the case did get pushed back which makes people think they are working on a plea. That’s why the video has not been released to the public, but I’ve talked to linked in saints fans and that video is not pretty evidently.

Fair enough, I guess I did not think that the tape was clear enough. I did see his initial strike, for certain...which may or may not have been warranted, there is some ambiguity here--which any decent lawyer will use to their clients advantage.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Fair enough, I guess I did not think that the tape was clear enough. I did see his initial strike, for certain...which may or may not have been warranted, there is some ambiguity here--which any decent lawyer will use to their clients advantage.

I’m with you overall though, PFT is just click baiting and have no clue what Kamara is going to get. Whatever happens I’m very confident he will be a big contributor in fantasy 2022.

• Like 1

Kareem Hunt was on video pushing and 1 half effort kick to a woman.  8 games.

This was 5 or 6 full force strikes, also on video.  I understand that Goodell is a joke, and nothing is ever consistent, but if the gender of the victim doesn't matter, then this should also be 8, and due to number of strikes, force of those strikes, and the intent to do harm, combined with how dangerous the surrounding environment was... You could make a strong argument he deserves even more.

I expect 6 or less though, because everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Kareem Hunt was on video pushing and 1 half effort kick to a woman.  8 games.

This was 5 or 6 full force strikes, also on video.  I understand that Goodell is a joke, and nothing is ever consistent, but if the gender of the victim doesn't matter, then this should also be 8, and due to number of strikes, force of those strikes, and the intent to do harm, combined with how dangerous the surrounding environment was... You could make a strong argument he deserves even more.

I expect 6 or less though, because everything is made up and the points don't matter.

Kamara is a good guy and im sure he had reasonable cause to get a few in. 2 games