Kris Bryant 2022 Outlook

26 minutes ago, UberRebel said:

He’s a Rockie now. This might actually make me interested in him. Seems like he was on the downswing, and that the bat speed wasn’t what it used to be

This guy has Boras-client-who-contracted-gotpaiditis-and-is-constantly-"injured"-and-missing-time-for-the-rest-of-his-career written all over him.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They paid the hell out of him.  He already has a ring, so maybe winning another one wasn't a top priority.  He has close friends on other teams, and he didn't go to those places either.  He took the money, and now has a chance to pad his stats for a HoF case.  

I'm a big KB fan, so I am bias, but I am hoping for a 35 HR 115 RBI type of season.  The lineup isn't that horrible, so they should put up some runs this year.

Got paid, good for him. Never pass up the bag fellas. KB’s already won one too like someone else said above so I’m sure he’s content winning 75 games a year putting up empty numbers on a more than likely non-contending Rockies team.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Got paid, good for him. Never pass up the bag fellas. KB’s already won one too like someone else said above so I’m sure he’s content winning 75 games a year putting up empty numbers on a more than likely non-contending Rockies team.

Why should anyone hold it against him? I can't understand the negative response here, the fantasy community should be overjoyed he's going to Coors. He's going to stay healthy there too, because the laissez faire attitude lends itself to good health if you aren't pressing it too hard. People care about the weirdest things, like the fact he's associated with Scott Boras is some kind of scarlet letter. He was under particular pressure to get more money because his arbitration grievance/loss really made him the poster child/rallying cry of the MLBPA during negotiations this CBA cycle (which they ultimately failed on but whatever, that's another story.) I don't think anyone considers the considerable pressure the top free agents are under to establish new levels for people to follow. This is why Freeman is a Dodger, too; when you compare the tax differences from CA to GA, the Braves offer was almost the same in dollars, but that extra year and the added respect made all the difference. 

As for Bryant, he's guaranteed this big money too, so maybe he can work his way towards a trade to a better team in a few years. Until then, enjoy the boost in fantasy production he's going to give everyone, at a very reasonable ADP this year. He should even maintain multi-position eligibility in years to come, when that is going to become a bigger issue in 2023 with many DH/UTIL only types posing a real problem for fantasy rosters. 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 10:52 PM, RedRaider27 said:

Wish you were in my leagues so I can look down at you from the standings

19 hours ago, CraftyRighty said:

Wish you were in my leagues so I can look down at you from the standings

That’s cool. I never said his numbers would be bad, hitting in Coors half his games will be great for him. But I did say his numbers will be empty on what will most likely be a bad Colorado team, this year and for most years after. Hitting 40 HRs is great but if you’re doing it on a 75 win team, those are empty stats.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

That’s cool. I never said his numbers would be bad, hitting in Coors half his games will be great for him. But I did say his numbers will be empty on what will most likely be a bad Colorado team, this year and for most years after. Hitting 40 HRs is great but if you’re doing it on a 75 win team, those are empty stats.

But, for fantasy purposes, 40 HR is awesome.  It's like saying nobody cares about JoRam because the Indians may only win 75 games this season.

• Thanks 1

what a landing spot!! fantastic get for rockies and as a kris bryant fantasy owner you cant ask for a better place than coors. Should be a great player for colorado for years to come and very exciting fantasy player specially with the position eligibility flexibility 

Probably one of the most frustrating players to watch and own. Winces in pain at every at bat for some reason, sky high expectations that he seems to flirt with but never puts it together. Whether or not he's motivated, who will ever really know. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Maybe he winced in pain, cause he was in pain lol. Cubs media seem to have left some pretty deep emotional scars for some of the bitter fantasy owners and Cub fans. In 2018 and 2020 he played through several injuries. Besides those two years, he's been good and/or great. Even in 2018, his wRC+ was 126. Seems like the bar was set very high, and expectations were to walk on water while getting crapped on by the ownership and then a lot of the fans. Coors Field will suppress regression as he ages as well. The floor here appears pretty safe. For statcast pundits I've read, he's always outperformed his exit velocities. Not sure how that can be a knock after 7 seasons in the books. Cubs didn't deserve KB and glad they have a AAA team now. 

Edited by tucker26

12 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Maybe he winced in pain, cause he was in pain lol. Cubs media seem to have left some pretty deep emotional scars for some of the bitter fantasy owners and Cub fans. In 2018 and 2020 he played through several injuries. Besides those two years, he's been good and/or great. Even in 2018, his wRC+ was 126. Seems like the bar was set very high, and expectations were to walk on water while getting crapped on by the ownership and then a lot of the fans. Coors Field will suppress regression as he ages as well. The floor here appears pretty safe. For statcast pundits I've read, he's always outperformed his exit velocities. Not sure how that can be a knock after 7 seasons in the books. Cubs didn't deserve KB and glad they have a AAA team now. 

You're not wrong- I still will always be grateful for his time here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, peelpub94 said:

Whether or not he's motivated, who will ever really know. 

His motivation to play through tons of soft tissue injuries (he doesn't look like he's ever been a gym rat) was to get paid.  Now that he's paid, he has no motivation. 

Now you know.

25 minutes ago, Overlord said:

His motivation to play through tons of soft tissue injuries (he doesn't look like he's ever been a gym rat) was to get paid.  Now that he's paid, he has no motivation. 

Now you know.

You might be right about his motivation with soft tissue injuries. But he played through the fractured wrist to merely spite the haters. 

https://www.cubsinsider.com/2021/03/17/kris-bryant-played-most-of-2020-season-with-fractured-left-wrist-torn-ligaments-in-ring-finger/

Now you know 😂

Edited by tucker26

23 hours ago, peelpub94 said:

Probably one of the most frustrating players to watch and own. Winces in pain at every at bat for some reason, sky high expectations that he seems to flirt with but never puts it together. Whether or not he's motivated, who will ever really know. 

He did win an MVP award you know . 

Listen, I was a huge "Bryzzo" guy. After that MVP season and the WS he just never gave me that same feeling again. Whether it was injuries, motivation, a new marriage, I have no idea. But things just never looked the same. 

On 3/17/2022 at 10:43 PM, Richard Kimble said:

Why should anyone hold it against him? I can't understand the negative response here, the fantasy community should be overjoyed he's going to Coors. He's going to stay healthy there too, because the laissez faire attitude lends itself to good health if you aren't pressing it too hard. People care about the weirdest things, like the fact he's associated with Scott Boras is some kind of scarlet letter. He was under particular pressure to get more money because his arbitration grievance/loss really made him the poster child/rallying cry of the MLBPA during negotiations this CBA cycle (which they ultimately failed on but whatever, that's another story.) I don't think anyone considers the considerable pressure the top free agents are under to establish new levels for people to follow. This is why Freeman is a Dodger, too; when you compare the tax differences from CA to GA, the Braves offer was almost the same in dollars, but that extra year and the added respect made all the difference. 

As for Bryant, he's guaranteed this big money too, so maybe he can work his way towards a trade to a better team in a few years. Until then, enjoy the boost in fantasy production he's going to give everyone, at a very reasonable ADP this year. He should even maintain multi-position eligibility in years to come, when that is going to become a bigger issue in 2023 with many DH/UTIL only types posing a real problem for fantasy rosters. 

I get that your point was on the focusing on Coors effect; but just want to point out that using FF as an example is not a good one. With the deferred money and the Cali tax, he got paid less money vs. Braves last offer. 

Anyhow, I am definitely excited of him being in Colorado; glad I traded for him before his stock went up!