NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deshaun Watson 2022 Outlook

Remember that time when so many here (in the 2021 thread) rushed to judgement on Watson (and whether he would be found guilty/ever play in the NFL again) based on headlines on the internet only and before all the facts actually out and before it actually went to trial? All the while criticizing me for not rushing to the same judgement based on internet headlines only? Yeah, me too. LOL

What team gets Watson? Seattle? Carolina? Pittsburgh?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, ThreadKiller said:

Remember that time when so many here (in the 2021 thread) rushed to judgement on Watson (and whether he would be found guilty/ever play in the NFL again) based on headlines on the internet only and before all the facts actually out and before it actually went to trial? All the while criticizing me for not rushing to the same judgement based on internet headlines only? Yeah, me too. LOL

Pitt

5 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

If im Watson im eyeing Pitt.

• Like 1

Given that only one of these teams have an actual starter on the roster, and that one guy is almost at the end of his career, I have to think the NFC South is going to lead the charge and make some insane offers.    Carolina probably already got 3 1st's ready to go and whatever player Houston wants.   

Seattle seems to be the favorite, whatever that's worth.   Makes no sense to me either.   

8 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Given that only one of these teams have an actual starter on the roster, and that one guy is almost at the end of his career, I have to think the NFC South is going to lead the charge and make some insane offers.    Carolina probably already got 3 1st's ready to go and whatever player Houston wants.   

Seattle seems to be the favorite, whatever that's worth.   Makes no sense to me either.   

I imagine there will be a short list of teams Watson will waive his no trade clause out there within a week. I don’t see Carolina being in the mix.

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Guess he hasn’t had much time to think about where he would like to play next. 

Steelers seem like a nice situation to step into and they just hired his buddy Brian Flores.

Pitt has said they’re not interested 

24 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

I imagine there will be a short list of teams Watson will waive his no trade clause out there within a week. I don’t see Carolina being in the mix.

I do think they're a decent roster but if he doesn't like Matt Rhule that's gonna kill it.   Who the hell knows.   At least Seattle gives him two great WR's.  

TB has the two alpha WR's, and a wide open division.   They'll lose a ton of starters from the Brady era but its not as if nobody's left.   Plus that whole lack of state sales tax in Florida and a successful coach.......that adds up pretty well.  

Baker hasn't earned supreme loyalty by any means, and he's in a contract year.  Watson is signed for three more years.  The cap hits are pretty high (top 5 each season) but all the signing bonus money stays on Houston's cap, and the new team can easily move around cap if they want to make things more digestable.  It's a good controlled deal

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Ill be pissed if Watson wasted his talents going to Cleveland. Whattah unsexy city too.

He should go to Cleveland. Keep the psycho as far away from attractive cities as possible 

• DarinB300 changed the title to Deshaun Watson 2022 Outlook
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Deshaun Watson 2022 Outlook