Jonathan Taylor 2022 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

To/too, Wednesday, especially. 27 years old and things I still struggle with lol

I make mistakes all the time, that one just got drilled into my brain by strong willed English teachers.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Workload in 2022 gonna be huge?

The man rushed for 1800 yards and 18 touchdowns last year.  It was 15th all time in touchdowns and 22nd all time in touchdowns.  One for the ages.

He runs behind the best run blocker of this generation in Quentin Nelson.

If you want the highest floor of anyone in FF he's your guy.  I can't see him performing below a first round level if healthy.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

The man rushed for 1800 yards and 18 touchdowns last year.  It was 15th all time in touchdowns and 22nd all time in touchdowns.  One for the ages.

If you want the highest floor of anyone in FF he's your guy.  I can't see him performing below a first round level if healthy.

I have the 2 pick in a PPR tonight and contemplating. I am hoping CMC goes one, makes my decision easy. I really wanted JJ this year but taking him over JT at 2 would be tough

12 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

15th and 22nd in TDs? Impressive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Colts HC Frank Reich told ESPN's Stephen Holder "I’m not saying [Jonathan Taylor] won’t lead the league in touches ... but I almost don't want him to."

The piece is a wakeup call for anyone expecting a repeat of last season, with Reich also saying: "You don’t see teams that have this ground-and-pound run game win championships ... You just don’t. I’m sure it’s happened with one or two teams, but our best formula is to be balanced." There's been plenty of camp talk about more receiving touches for Nyheim Hines. Taylor shouldn't exactly be dropped out of the top tier of fantasy backs because of this story, but it has become fair to question his overall ceiling. 

this is smart. The more touches he gets the greater the chances for his body to break down or for someone to step on his foot, etc…

God I need the season to get here. We questioning JT now? 🤣

He is the Colts identity. I personally would like for them to hold off a little on the touches and unleash him the 2nd half of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Farfromhome said:

Preseason talk:

"Need to limit player A to keep fresh and extend career"

Season concluded talk:

"Well, the playoff stretch was brutal and we didn't want to give player A 400 total touches, but we wanted to win."

Exactly 

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Who was the last RB to finish as the RB1 in consecutive years? LaDainian Tomlinson? I feel like JT has a good chance of doing that being his age, the system, the teams makeup, etc... 

LT had one thing going for him that ol' JT won't: 75+ receptions. 

especially with Hines on the roster, who will prolly snag 60+

so JT is gonna have to repeat the ydg & TDs to go back to back ... not impossible, but im'ma bet against. 

21 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

LT had one thing going for him that ol' JT won't: 75+ receptions. 

especially with Hines on the roster, who will prolly snag 60+

so JT is gonna have to repeat the ydg & TDs to go back to back ... not impossible, but im'ma bet against. 

I think we all can agree that if CMC plays all 17 games, he will finish as RB1.  

Just now, ludawg23 said:

i think a full 15 might do it, considering CMC's propensity to score 25 ppr without even bagging a TD. 

folks forget what a ridiculous pernts machine that cat is.  

15 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I think the days of CMC getting 400 touches are loooong gone. The only way he plays 17 games is if they scale back his touches big time. 

• Like 2

I do think Taylor will get less touches.  They brought in Matt Ryan for a reason.  They have a SB window with Taylor and company.

Wentz just wasn't a good fit.

Now, I think people are sleeping on Matt Ryan.  He held the Falcons together with garbage from end to end.

I don't think he's just going to be a game manager.  He's gonna push the ball.  Which should do 2 things.  Reduce the overall load on Taylor, AND reduce the 8 men fronts vs. Taylor.  Which means he might produce similar numbers with less touches.

JT is the only RB in the top 10 that doesn't have any dings on him.  The only one.  

He's young, proven, fast, durable, plays behind a very good OL and has talent in the passing game to keep the game from being one-dimensional.  It's not rocket surgery.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Who was the last RB to finish as the RB1 in consecutive years? LaDainian Tomlinson? I feel like JT has a good chance of doing that being his age, the system, the teams makeup, etc... 

In PPR, Todd Gurley.

• 2 weeks later...