NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Courtland Sutton 2022 Outlook

1 hour ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Well, though it's really unfortunate for Patrick - I was really going to key in him in drafts - looks like the sky is the limit now for Sutton, and Hamler is definitely relevant now. 

It’s possible they will sign someone as well, but for now they all get boosts even Albert (who I’m still fading).

Tim was probably going to get around 80-90 targets.

6 minutes ago, affliction said:

Tim was probably going to get around 80-90 targets.

That seems like a lot, he had 85 last year, but Jeudy only played in 10 games and got 56.  I think a full season of Jeudy would have put him more in the 60-70 neighborhood.

Will be interesting to see now if Sutton and Jeudy are both ticketed for 100 plus like the good old Seattle days.

• 2 weeks later...

I love when rankers go out on a limb or have bold predictions.  I have also seen some serious love (from a different fantasy content person) for Elijah Moore (#10 dynasty WR)...anyway how about this overall re-draft rank for Sutton?  Not buying it but you can get him much later so...

2128914156_Suttonrank.thumb.jpg.4fb4c19cc9ef772fac4a44faf657c7c3.jpg

14 minutes ago, EWV1 said:

I love when rankers go out on a limb or have bold predictions.  I have also seen some serious love (from a different fantasy content person) for Elijah Moore (#10 dynasty WR)...anyway how about this overall re-draft rank for Sutton?  Not buying it but you can get him much later so...

2128914156_Suttonrank.thumb.jpg.4fb4c19cc9ef772fac4a44faf657c7c3.jpg

I'm a fan and that is super aggressive.

2 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Matthew Berry's Top 100 On Sports Edge:

69 Elijah Moore NYJ WR
70 Courtland Sutton DEN WR
71 Devin Singletary BUF RB
72 Drake London ATL WR
73 Adam Thielen MIN WR
74 Robert Woods TEN WR

Why the hate Matt??? Jeudy ranked 10 spots higher? Anything to see here, or just Berry being Berry?

Reasonable to have Sutton near EMoore...but I prefer a fully healthy Sutton over the rest by quite a bit.

12 minutes ago, Dr.Funktopus said:

Matthew Berry's Top 100 On Sports Edge:

69 Elijah Moore NYJ WR
70 Courtland Sutton DEN WR
71 Devin Singletary BUF RB
72 Drake London ATL WR
73 Adam Thielen MIN WR
74 Robert Woods TEN WR

Why the hate Matt??? Jeudy ranked 10 spots higher? Anything to see here, or just Berry being Berry?

Everyone is going to have their opinion on how this is going to work out.

It seems likely that Sutton is going to be the Flanker, and Jeudy is going to rotate between the split end and the slot.

What that means from a production standpoint is that depending on the matchup some games are going to be more productive for one and some for the other.  Think Evans and Godwin.  Evans is the flanker, Godwin is the Split/Slot.  With the Seahawks, Metcalf was the flanker and Lockett was the Split/Slot.

If you're more of a Godwin/Lockett type guy, go with Jeudy.  If you're more of an Evans/Metcalf guy, go with Sutton.  It's too difficult at this point to predict with accuracy who is going to have greater production.

I like the moonshots myself, I'm an Evans/Metcalf guy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Everyone is going to have their opinion on how this is going to work out.

It seems likely that Sutton is going to be the Flanker, and Jeudy is going to rotate between the split end and the slot.

What that means from a production standpoint is that depending on the matchup some games are going to be more productive for one and some for the other.  Think Evans and Godwin.  Evans is the flanker, Godwin is the Split/Slot.  With the Seahawks, Metcalf was the flanker and Lockett was the Split/Slot.

If you're more of a Godwin/Lockett type guy, go with Jeudy.  If you're more of an Evans/Metcalf guy, go with Sutton.  It's too difficult at this point to predict with accuracy who is going to have greater production.

I like the moonshots myself, I'm an Evans/Metcalf guy.

Excellent points depends on the QB . Wilson os notorious for being an outside the hash thrower. Because of that i lean Sutton. If it was Tom Brady id lean jeudy 

1 hour ago, EWV1 said:

Reasonable to have Sutton near EMoore...but I prefer a fully healthy Sutton over the rest by quite a bit.

I don't think there's anything reasonable about having Zach Wilson's #1WR anywhere near Russell Wilson's #1WR.

Sutton is dirt cheap, and is still my favorite target of Russ Wilson.  But Albert O is also spicy.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Reasonable.  I'm bullish on Brown, and just don't see as high a ceiling for Sutton.  Thinking about it now though

Fair point.

But imo jalen hurts is a worse passer than RT17. In Tennessee AJB was the only game in town on the passing side of the ball and struggled to get 1000 yards while playing against some of the most stacked boxes in the league. So he gets a worse QB in close to a similar situation and he’s supposed to better? idk maybe AJB helps elevate hurts like diggs helped josh allen but I doubt it. 

Meanwhile Sutton has had an 1100 yard season with the ghost of joe Flacco and rookie drew lock now he gets Russell Wilson who has made a WR1 every year since 2015 sometimes and throws for 30 TDS every year like clock work. AJB might have a higher ceiling but imo Suttons floor is so much higher and his ceiling isn’t that much lower if it even is. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

But imo jalen hurts is a worse passer than RT17. 

If he is, it's not by much considering he's been in the league 7 years longer.

In fact Hurts was younger last season than Tannehill was when he was drafted.

I don't know what Hurts's career arc looks like but it's not difficult to imagine a better season for him this year than most of Tannehill's seasons, at least.

34 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

Fair point.

But imo jalen hurts is a worse passer than RT17. In Tennessee AJB was the only game in town on the passing side of the ball and struggled to get 1000 yards while playing against some of the most stacked boxes in the league. So he gets a worse QB in close to a similar situation and he’s supposed to better? idk maybe AJB helps elevate hurts like diggs helped josh allen but I doubt it. 

Meanwhile Sutton has had an 1100 yard season with the ghost of joe Flacco and rookie drew lock now he gets Russell Wilson who has made a WR1 every year since 2015 sometimes and throws for 30 TDS every year like clock work. AJB might have a higher ceiling but imo Suttons floor is so much higher and his ceiling isn’t that much lower if it even is. 

But AJ is a 10x better receiver than Sutton, and Sutton is coming back from an ACL... Hurts and Aj Brown go hand in hand. Luckily Russ is an elite option, but Sutton isnt this superstar WR or anything. His press v man separation percentage is pretty low for an X receiver. AJ Brown ranks top 10 in both beating man and zone, and is a YAC machine. The only reason youre drafting Sutton over AJ here is because of the offense he's on and thats about it