NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Russell Wilson 2022 Outlook

On 11/10/2022 at 4:41 PM, MingusDew said:

Bro I pushed in a bunch of chips on Russ yesterday (I hate myself) and now you post this.

Stop making me feel bad. 

@Gohawks I am an idiot sandwich.

Seriously like as someone that puts in so much free time to this awful hobby/gambling addiction/BDSM exercise I am terrible at it.

Let's ride. 

49 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I was so close to drafting Wilson. 

Feel bad for those who did. No one saw this coming.

I've been waiting for the legs to go. They are gone. The legs masked his inability to play NFL QB. The same will happen to any QB that uses his legs to play QB in the NFL because he can't throw a football accurately or read a D.

They blamed the OL in SEA but the film spoke otherwise.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

I've been waiting for the legs to go. They are gone. The legs masked his inability to play NFL QB. The same will happen to any QB that uses his legs to play QB in the NFL because he can't throw a football accurately or read a D.

his apologists, of course, will blame this ALL on Hackett. 

ps - if you wander into the Fieldz thread you'll also be edumicated to the fact that criticism of certain qbs is thinly veiled racism. 

Edited by Pastor3
fixed link
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, FavreCo said:

I think looking back, the value of Metcalf/Lockett bailing out that team by running the scramble WR drill perfectly, and winning 50/50 balls for Wilson, were not fully appreciated when he was there.

We're seeing now how valuable those guys are, aren't we.

Seatlle management comes off looking pretty smart now, don't they, particularly with how well Geno has played.

Seems like there is a reinterpretation of the history of the Legion of Boom era Seahawks (in terms of who/what made that team's offense click) happening in real time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Pastor3 said:

his apologists, of course, will blame this ALL on Hackett. 

ps - if you wander into the Fieldz thread you'll also be edumicatedto the fact that criticism of certain qbs is thinly veiled racism. 

I saw that too, but I'm not going back in there at this point. This dead horse of an issue just seemingly won't just stay in the ground.

Looking up data and numbers and trying to get people to properly interpret them is a lot of thankless (underpaying, more like free) work. If people want to console themselves with fairy tales and feel better stories, knock themselves out.

I'd like to say the league is the ultimate utlitarian/meritocratic league, and on the field I think it is, but apparently we pick some coaches now based not on their resume, or "on the content of their character" a great man once said, but more superficial aspects.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BonesBaller45 said:

I'd like to say the league is the ultimate utlitarian/meritocratic league, and on the field I think it is, but apparently we pick some coaches now based not on their resume, or "on the content of their character" a great man once said, but more superficial aspects.

The entire NFL hierarchy is just beyond weird. I follow other sports fairly closely mainly basketball as well as baseball and soccer to a lesser extent. These other sports don't display so much incompetence when it comes to coaching and GMs. Don't get me wrong, there's still incompetence everywhere but it's not nearly at the level of the NFL. You can also argue NFL is more X's and O's so it's harder to be a good coach, but the main problem is there's a serious issue with nepotism and overall boomer mentality top to bottom in the league.

You just don't see in other sports fans going "What the f--- are these coaches doing? They should do X differently" and often times being right.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

The entire NFL hierarchy is just beyond weird. I follow other sports fairly closely mainly basketball as well as baseball and soccer to a lesser extent. These other sports don't display so much incompetence when it comes to coaching and GMs. Don't get me wrong, there's still incompetence everywhere but it's not nearly at the level of the NFL. You can also argue NFL is more X's and O's so it's harder to be a good coach, but the main problem is there's a serious issue with nepotism and overall boomer mentality top to bottom in the league.

You just don't see in other sports fans going "What the f--- are these coaches doing? They should do X differently" and often times being right.

And you have sons and grandsons and sons-in-laws holding down invaluable offensive and defensive coordinator spots all over the league, even on some of the good teams.  

As for Russell Wilson, this has got to be one of the great NFL fleecings of all time.   Jimmy Johnson's Herschel Walker trade was worse, but, so far, not by much. 

• Like 1