NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Juan Soto 2022 Outlook

25 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

I'm not worried, going to have monster 2nd half. I will admit, it sucks him being on the Nats though

If only fantasy baseball was just the second half of the season 

28 minutes ago, Ecofolux said:

I'm not worried, going to have monster 2nd half. I will admit, it sucks him being on the Nats though

He had a monster second half last year. I’m buying but doubt I get any kind of discounted price.

43 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Given that Soto was probably a Top 3-5 pick for most ppl, I get the frustration.  But the dude hasn't been terrible at all.  He's ranked 38 in one league where I own him.  He leads the league in walks with a terrific 38/30 BB/K ratio and has 8 HRs (unlucky with 7 of those being solo shots so his RBI totals have suffered).  But the kid is seeing the ball well.  Lots of guys still haven't rounded into form yet so I wouldn't be too concerned.  It's Year 5 so not a SSS...the numbers will come.

He’s well outside the top-100 in 5x5 now and that’s what most people on here play.  

7 hours ago, absknicks said:

He’s well outside the top-100 in 5x5 now and that’s what most people on here play.  

Exactly. The walks are a touching story, but the bottom line numbers are bad. I’m not as pessimistic about him as other dead weight on my team, though.

44 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

tl:dr- Soto is seeing less pitches in the zone, and swinging at more pitches outside of the zone. Likely trying to do too much in a lineup with very little help.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2022/05/12/juan-soto-chasing-pitches/

I think he's pressing to get his numbers and isn't getting very much to hit. His baseball savant page is still all red, some dips here and there but overall I think he will adjust and the numbers will come.

He's one of the two best pure hitters in the game.

• Like 2

On 5/29/2022 at 12:14 PM, Picard56 said:

He’ll have an epic second half. He’s votto-esque in that he can just turn it on at a moment’s notice

Then why wait until the second half to turn it on. Something is up when he's plummeting towards .225, bad team or not.

18 minutes ago, TribeFoo said:

Then why wait until the second half to turn it on. Something is up when he's plummeting towards .225, bad team or not.

I dunno, I am not Juan Soto. I wish he lived up to the hype coming into the season 

Just put up one of the more miserable games you'll ever see. Terrible ABs, misplayed a can of corn flyball in RF, still did the Soto "shuffle" the one time he did reach base though (on a walk, of course). Think he should consider shelving that for a while, it's a rough look for a .220 bat

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Just put up one of the more miserable games you'll ever see. Terrible ABs, misplayed a can of corn flyball in RF, still did the Soto "shuffle" the one time he did reach base though (on a walk, of course). Think he should consider shelving that for a while, it's a rough look for a .220 bat

My reaction to .220 Soto shuffling === Cleveland fans reacting to Jack Parkman post-trade to White Sox in Major League II.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Keep posting man. You eventually fretted enough that JRod broke out. Probably just a few more and Soto will get going as well.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2022 at 4:44 PM, D3C4K said:

So what are you guys selling him for? Just an innocent inquiry from an impartial 3rd party here... 🥷

someone offered vlad and I might take it.

6 minutes ago, droselicious said:

This guy is supposed to be our version of ted williams. 🙄 

6 minutes ago, droselicious said:

This guy is supposed to be our version of ted williams. 🙄 

You do know, there isn’t a soul in either MLB or fantasy that wouldn’t buy low on him right now. And I know you know that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chucky said:

You do know, there isn’t a soul in either MLB or fantasy that wouldn’t buy low on him right now. And I know you know that.

Do you get any points in fantasy for that? 

15 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Starting to wish I just took Trout over this guy

Last year I took Trout over Soto with the 3rd overall pick we know how that turned out . This year I get 4th over all pick I pick Soto over Trout. Every year  Its a lotto.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, chucky said:

Problem is…with as much as the owner invested in Soto, I don’t think they will go low.

Edited by charger_ss24

Wish I could share in the happy talk. Fact of the matter is he’s on a terrible team with only the carcass of Nelson Cruz as protection. He’s not getting strikes to hit for good reason. What we need is a trade, which I wish would happen since he’s obviously not signing long term with the Nats.