NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Vinnie Pasquantino - 1B KCR

dcristia

No thread on this big boy.  6'4 Lefty that mashed all year long.

.291/.384/.565 with 13 HR in 61 A+ games last year, then followed that up with .310/.405/.560 and 11 HR across 55 AA games.

Will be shooting up prospect rankings very very soon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

This guy is overlooked IMO and needs to be called up soon. Look at his minor league #'s ... plate discipline is a plus and he's put up a 150 wRC+ or better at each minor league level. Currently at 167 wRC+ this year at AAA.

Pasquantino_minors.thumb.jpg.00d988e090d532d576efa82d0465c16a.jpg

Edited by busterbeats
  • Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 5:00 PM, 2ndCitySox said:

I think he played Mr. Blonde in Reservoir Dogs

That's SO weird you said that...I have no idea WHY but I have a mental image of Michael Madsen in that movie when I hear Vinnie's name...its like you're in my head man. 

Fun fact-that character was actually named Vic Vega, and is the brother of Travolta's Vincent Vega from Pulp Fiction.

• Like 2

Beast K/BB ratio for a big guy. Great eye, great stroke. 

Honestly should be getting the call if KC ever decides to finally let Carlos Santana go.

I could definitely see Vinny P getting called up if KC trades Santana to a contender.

• Like 1

This guy should be up within the next couple weeks if the Royals do things correctly...

It's become obvious already at this point in the season that it's time for the youth movement and to call those guys up.

Already 9 games under .500 and almost in dead last. Ryan O'Hearn is clearly not the answer. And neither is Carlos Santana.

41 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

I keep seeing more and more odd twitter account handles/posts about him not being called up yet.

Tell me more…

im super intrigued by this guy. His highlight videos he jacks the ball like Jim Thome used too. I’m just dying to add him but don’t know when the right time is.

He has precious few at-bats at the higher minor league levels.

On the other hand, his K/BB rate indicates he has incredible command of the strike zone and he hits the ball really hard.  Also, the Royals are terrible.

I don't get why Vinnie and Pratto aren't up already? The Royals stink and aren't going anywhere this year.  Mine as well throw these two up with Melendez and Witt and give them all time to get acclimated to the big leagues. Santana and O'Hearn aren't the answer.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RonnieMac said:

I don't get why Vinnie and Pratto aren't up already? The Royals stink and aren't going anywhere this year.  Mine as well throw these two up with Melendez and Witt and give them all time to get acclimated to the big leagues. Santana and O'Hearn aren't the answer.  

Agreed.  There is no reason why Vinnie's not up.  It's not like he is super young, he's 24 and destroying AAA pitching, time to find out if he is a quad A or the real deal.  Let's go!!!

• Like 1

Another dinger tonight, #9. 2-5 3 RBI