NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Harper deal

Jharrisjr1234

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, TheTruth024 said:

Side B for me.  Elite SP is much harder to find in dynasty and Adell gives you a great gamble to replace Harper in the OF.  Not to long ago Adell was considered almost untouchable in dynasty leagues

Once MLB checked pitchers in June, Cole was average.

2nd half era 4.14

Whip 1.27

If he doctors the ball, he's elite.

If he doesn't, he's much closer to his Pirate days.

He's a very risky piece to give a MVP for.

On 1/11/2022 at 7:56 AM, HOOTIE said:

If he doctors the ball, he's elite.

If he doesn't, he's much closer to his Pirate days.

He's a very risky piece to give a MVP for.

I will be willing to revisit this after this upcoming season.  If you cant trust Cole, not sure which SP you do.  Plus baseball is looking to adopt the "stickier" baseball Japan uses, and also create a universal substance that all SP can use.

But I get it.  Its the "what have you done for me lately".  Harper a few years ago wasnt the great MVP caliber player either.   People were down on him as well.  Sell high and buy low.  Thats how you win long term.  Cant buy any lower on Adell than right now, but to each his own

Edited by TheTruth024

On 12/30/2021 at 1:25 PM, Stogies said:

Harper. He's the best player in the deal. 

Help with mine?

I like Hayes, but if its a deep 2 catcher league, you got to go with Varsho.  C eligibility but playing a lot in the OF is vital.  If he was a full time catcher, maybe not.  He's also one of a few that can get you SBs from the C spot.  I don't think either are in danger of losing playing time this year, and while Hayes might have the better overall numbers, its a lot easier to replace a 3B than it is a C.

This is a fun one! I actually this it's a toss up. I think folks are overestimating Cole's 2nd half struggles and I think Adell is a great post-hype guy. Cole's peripherals stayed the same post-MLB changes, and his K/9 actually went UP during the 2nd half. His BABIP was at .358, which is insane. Adell showed some signs of life towards the end of the season as well. Harper is one of the better players in baseball so it makes this one tough.

I could go either way on this. Depends on your roster/needs.

• Like 1