NBC Sports EDGE Forums

TNF - Dallas vs. New Orleans Game thread

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

27 minutes ago, beerfish said:

Why? Is there any more/less of a chance of them getting hurt on a punt return than a regular offensive play? 

Doesn’t matter. There are many more offensive plays run over the course of a game as opposed to punt returns. And to play on offense (receiver), there is much more skill is required than there is to sit back and return a punt. So even if the probability of getting hurt is the same, why take the chance on a play that requires much less skill to perform? Add in the fact that the probability of scoring on a punt return is extremely low and it’s foolish to have one of your best offensive playmakers doing what a much less skilled player can do as well. 

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Doesn’t matter. There are many more offensive plays run over the course of a game as opposed to punt returns. And to play on offense (receiver), there is much more skill is required than there is to sit back and return a punt. So even if the probability of getting hurt is the same, why take the chance on a play that requires much less skill to perform? Add in the fact that the probability of scoring on a punt return is extremely low and it’s foolish to have one of your best offensive playmakers doing what a much less skilled player can do as well. 

No no no. I punt returned in college. And was RB . Punt return takes a lot of skill trust me. I mean I suppose im just another Joe to you but I guarantee you ask any pro and they would say the same. 

• Like 2