NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Team owner with no activity

Yes, I would usually just replace a team owner who has ghosted his team however our league has a small fee to join so this is the first time this has come up.  I wrote an email to him regarding this with no response.  Should I just refund his $ and look for a new owner?  Would appreciate any advise!

34 minutes ago, Mr. G said:

Yes, I would usually just replace a team owner who has ghosted his team however our league has a small fee to join so this is the first time this has come up.  I wrote an email to him regarding this with no response.  Should I just refund his $ and look for a new owner?  Would appreciate any advise!

Has this owner done anything since the start of the year? If the rest of the league seems engaged, the best thing to do is refund and look for an active owner. No need for everyone else to be affected

3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Has this owner done anything since the start of the year? If the rest of the league seems engaged, the best thing to do is refund and look for an active owner. No need for everyone else to be affected

Nothing at all since week 1 or 2.  It´s a 16 team league so most managers are engaged but a few are wishy washy.  Thanks for the advise!

• Like 1

If you pay a gym membership and only went a couple of times after joining, the gym won’t call to refund the fee. Don’t bother returning the league fee to the ghost. 
I doubt anyone will want to inherit the team, especially after value picks were plucked in the first couple of weeks. Just roll with the active league owners. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

If you pay a gym membership and only went a couple of times after joining, the gym won’t call to refund the fee. Don’t bother returning the league fee to the ghost. 
I doubt anyone will want to inherit the team, especially after value picks were plucked in the first couple of weeks. Just roll with the active league owners. 

Good points ez, thanks for the input.

4 hours ago, Zakius said:

If the person decided to join and pay to play, it’s not your problem if they stop playing for whatever reason.

Totally disagree, it effects the matchups, which effects the standings.

21 minutes ago, Mr. G said:

Totally disagree, it effects the matchups, which effects the standings.

Over the course of the season it will balance out to the extent where each active team benefits from a sure win, be it early on or later in the season. Yes, I agree with you of disparity since teams facing "Sleepy" more often will benefit.

37 minutes ago, ez2do4now said:

Over the course of the season it will balance out to the extent where each active team benefits from a sure win, be it early on or later in the season. Yes, I agree with you of disparity since teams facing "Sleepy" more often will benefit.

Yeah, just wish everyone gave it 100% but it´s cool.  Happy holidays!