NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Stupid Conversations About Football

JE7HorseGod

Pretty sure I'm not going to care much about what Condeleeza Rice or Kevin Hart have to say about tonight's game.  Parcells could be interesting, but he's such a curmudgeon who knows.  Edelman... we'll see.  Overall, not happy with the Mannings' lineup tonight.

I just want to see Hall of fame QBs give insight into football, shoot the ****, and bust each other's balls.  F this good morning America style garbage.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Pastor3 said:

Ms. Rice is a yuuuuge foosball fan, and was even rumored to be a possible commish candidate.

Oh, I know it.  Browns fan.  I'm still skeptical that she'll be able to provide much interesting commentary.  Though if she's still on the CFP committee, maybe she can tell us how they plan on jumping Notre Dame in over UC, despite the latter's win in South Bend.

3 hours ago, Hacksawjimduggan said:

I can't wait until Eli and Peyton talk to Kevin Hart and condoleeza rice tonight.

Over/under on Kevin Hart making fun of the height and weight disparity between him and some random player?

Hell probably refer to Tom Brady as Tom. 

Enjoyed Parcells, Hart, and Edelman. Didn't get to see the Condy segment as we were sitting down to dinner at that point.

Well, can't afford the chicken wings and burgers at football get togethers anymore ... not even fraking chips. $5-6 per bag of any salty snack. Can't afford to drive anywhere, let alone go to real football game.

All I can say is ... "LET'S GO BRANDON!."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bluntbros said:

What’s not talked about enough is how un-affordable it is to go to an NFL game.

-Nosebleeds: $50

-Soda/Beer: $5/$10 each

-A god damn pretzel with cheese: $15

-Parking within a mile: $25

-Oh, you want water: $5

Gotta either be rich or make it a yearly gift to attend a game nowadays.

On one hand I'm excited for the NFL to potentially bring a game to germany, on the other hand with it being in Munich that thing will be insanely expensive.

Been to an NFL game once in Wembley  London and I think I paid nearly 700€ for the whole weekend (and I didn't do much except for the game).

I think a pint of beer was 9 pound (11€/12$) and 3 chicken fingers with fries were 13 pounds (15,5€/17,5$). Insane!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Pretty sure I'm not going to care much about what Condeleeza Rice or Kevin Hart have to say about tonight's game.  Parcells could be interesting, but he's such a curmudgeon who knows.  Edelman... we'll see.  Overall, not happy with the Mannings' lineup tonight.

I just want to see Hall of fame QBs give insight into football, shoot the ****, and bust each other's balls.  F this good morning America style garbage.

Kevin Hart was funny on the Sunday morning pregame show. People just naturally become unfunny and annoying when they go on the Manning show. I blame Eli

9 hours ago, Blazer said:

Well, can't afford the chicken wings and burgers at football get togethers anymore ... not even fraking chips. $5-6 per bag of any salty snack. Can't afford to drive anywhere, let alone go to real football game.

All I can say is ... "LET'S GO BRANDON!."

If you seriously think, BBB Joe, has anything to do with these prices…you need to stop playing around on here and educate yourself ASAP. 

Raise up the brim of your red hat and seek facts. You will be welcomed back without hate or resentment. I promise.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Kevin Hart was funny on the Sunday morning pregame show. People just naturally become unfunny and annoying when they go on the Manning show. I blame Eli

Edelman was calling Eli out for it, too... Paraphrased: "You can't do the dry wit, Eli... Stick with making faces. Leave the comedy to me..."

• Like 1

8 hours ago, owenmills said:

Eli definitely needs to work on his screen presence.

Kevin Hart was ok.  But including him in a football setting obviously calls for a small dose.

Condi wasn't so bad, but brought absolutely nothing to the table.