Tyrese Haliburton 2021-2022 Outlook

colepenhagen

looking like one of those mid rder glue guys that are so undervalued fantasy wise. especially because he hurts you nowhere and helps in those tough cats like stocks and dimes and is efficient 

just bought a share and am hoping/expecting the stocks are sustainable. top 35-40 a real possibility if those stocks stay close to 2.3-2.5 along with chipping in across the board

has some sga in his game with similar build, a non ideal jumper, and lacking that elite athleticism but that doesnt matter as the results are there.  

18 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

looking like one of those mid rder glue guys that are so undervalued fantasy wise. especially because he hurts you nowhere and helps in those tough cats like stocks and dimes and is efficient 

just bought a share and am hoping/expecting the stocks are sustainable. top 35-40 a real possibility if those stocks stay close to 2.3-2.5 along with chipping in across the board

has some sga in his game with similar build, a non ideal jumper, and lacking that elite athleticism but that doesnt matter as the results are there.  

His consistency is pretty crazy, his numbers are nearly identical to last season. The biggest surprise has been his blocks which have boosted his rank to the top 30s so far.

20 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

His consistency is pretty crazy, his numbers are nearly identical to last season. The biggest surprise has been his blocks which have boosted his rank to the top 30s so far.

yea not expecting the blocks to stay at 1.2 or whatever there at right now but think 0.8 along with 1.4-1.5 steals is doable

the pts and threes will come back up after his two duds to start the year. i am hoping that the mitchell impact will keep those stocks reasonably  high. you got mitchell locking defenders down forcing them into panic mode with the shot clocking winding down along with bad passes lets hali hunt those passing lanes. also helps to have fox and holmes as help defenders as well.

Edited by colepenhagen

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cozie said:

The points seem to be dipping from last year. Trend or just the natural roller coaster of a long season? 

I was wondering the same. Sacramento’s roster is unchanged from last season so not like new players shifting the scales. Both Halliburton and Fox are down in terms of efficiency and fga, Barnes and Hield are up slightly, while Holmes is doing the same. I’m hoping Halliburton hits his stride and does better ROS.

1 hour ago, Cozie said:

The points seem to be dipping from last year. Trend or just the natural roller coaster of a long season? 

I think it's just an efficiency dip. He's averaging the same shots per game this season (10.5 fga vs 10.7 fga last season) with more stocks. It's the minutes that are key for him, and he is averaging 32.8 mpg this season vs 30.1 last season, which is encouraging.  I believe that he will find his shot later on in the season. 

Edited by Zakius
  • Thanks 2

Haliburton might be dealing with a injury or theyre featuring D Fox for a huge trade. The kings know that Haliburton and Holmes have the best chemistry atm and if i was the Kings GM i would find a way to get Fox, Barnes + Bagley all out for a big name star to compliment the Big 3. Simmons would be an insane trade for them 

3 hours ago, thebigbite said:

What is the problem with this dude? The production level is lower than his rookie season

They drafted an experienced rookie guard at #9 overall and they're feeding him 25.4 mpg. Plus, Buddy Hields' usage is up. It's a shame because you know Haliburton with a 20+ usage rate would be a monster. Still, he's producing top-50 value on the year, so it's not like he's been a big time disappointment in relation to his ADP. The coaching change doesn't appear to have done him any favors, but the sample size is still very small.

Haliburton is the rare cat that produces across-the-board efficiency and big fantasy numbers despite low usage. If an injury strikes their backcourt or a trade goes down, he could explode down the stretch. I'd be looking to buy low if I didn't already own him in both of my leagues.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For the second game in a row (both blow outs), he has played less than 30 mins, 26 and 22 mins respectively. On the other hand, Fox has played 25 and 32 mins. 

What's more, yesterday against the Raptors, the game was over at the halftime, however Fox enters the game 4 mins into the 4th quarter (Kings are 20 points behind) and playes until the final 2 mins.  Is there anything to worry about, i.e. Gentry dislikes him, or the Kings are trying to showcase Fox? I suppose that if Haliburton was on the trade block they would advertise his skills instead of Fox's.

Opinions?

1 hour ago, GaryTMA said:

For the second game in a row (both blow outs), he has played less than 30 mins, 26 and 22 mins respectively. On the other hand, Fox has played 25 and 32 mins. 

What's more, yesterday against the Raptors, the game was over at the halftime, however Fox enters the game 4 mins into the 4th quarter (Kings are 20 points behind) and playes until the final 2 mins.  Is there anything to worry about, i.e. Gentry dislikes him, or the Kings are trying to showcase Fox? I suppose that if Haliburton was on the trade block they would advertise his skills instead of Fox's.

Opinions?

i aint tripping. hes a low usage pg kinda like a bridges with dimes

someone has to get traded. still 40 overall on the year with 15 usage.

give me 4 reb 6 dimes 2.5 stocks 2 threes and ill suffer through the 12 ppg. (and his fg and ft are lower than last year 44% and 76% so room for improvment in fg%, ft%, and that will help pts as well.

if something happens and he gains the reins watch out as you are seeing with garland with no sexton.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

give me 4 reb 6 dimes 2.5 stocks 2 threes and ill suffer through the 12 ppg. (and his fg and ft are lower than last year 44% and 76% so room for improvment in fg%, ft%, and that will help pts as well.

if something happens and he gains the reins watch out as you are seeing with garland with no sexton.

What seems illogical is that the kid is a sophmore. Shouldn't he get a chance to develop his game in moments like last night's ? It is obvious that he misses Holmes a lot for the pnr game, since Len is simply awful.

I hope it has nothing to do with the coach since Luke liked the guy.

7 hours ago, GaryTMA said:

What seems illogical is that the kid is a sophmore. Shouldn't he get a chance to develop his game in moments like last night's ? ...

Bro, you're assigning WAY too much importance to garbage time minutes and what they mean for a players development. Haliburton was playing 37.9 mpg over the four games before these two blowouts. Let's not overthink this and start throwing around things like "Gentry dislikes him".

1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Bro, you're assigning WAY too much importance to garbage time minutes and what they mean for a players development. Haliburton was playing 37.9 mpg over the four games before these two blowouts. Let's not overthink this and start throwing around things like "Gentry dislikes him".

You're probably right. It just didn't make sense to me to favor Fox in front of any other starting five player (and Haliburton for that matter) when there was a blow out. 

But I might be getting into too much detail. Thanks for the input. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ez2do4now said:

Lost patience with Halliburton and traded him for CJ McCollum. Hoping for a quick recovery from collapsed lung.

He's #40 on the year and #20 over the last week (#31 and #8 if going by totals instead of per-game). What do you mean you lost patience? What were you expecting from him?

2 hours ago, MrCantaloupe said:

He's #40 on the year and #20 over the last week (#31 and #8 if going by totals instead of per-game). What do you mean you lost patience? What were you expecting from him?

Needed more 3pts/scoring and was fine with losing some assists/steals. Efficiency will be okay as both players should regress to their averages. 

5 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

Needed more 3pts/scoring and was fine with losing some assists/steals. Efficiency will be okay as both players should regress to their averages. 

Halliburton is not going to regress!!! 🙄he’s just starting 

On 12/14/2021 at 5:08 AM, colepenhagen said:

Tyrese can barely break guys off the dribble and finish. Don’t compare him to Garland offensively. Garland is lightning quick with the ball unlike Haliburton. 15ppg without Fox can be ideal.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, EsTiLO said:

Tyrese can barely break guys off the dribble and finish. Don’t compare him to Garland offensively. Garland is lightning quick with the ball unlike Haliburton. 15ppg without Fox can be ideal.  

Garland has dunked the ball only one time in three years; let's not overexaggerate his finishing ability.

Either way, Colpenhagen didn't compare their offensive games. He said Hali's a productive low-usage player on a team that could be active in the trade market, and a trade could open up some opportunity for Haliburton the same way Sexton's injury opened up some opportunity for Garland.

In 6 career games without De'Aaron Fox, Haliburton is averaging 16.5 points and 8.0 assists in only 32 mpg.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1