NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBA Waiver Wire thread 2021-22 week 2

Got a bit lazy doing this, but i'll try to do this more often. Find a way to format it better.

Furkan Korkmaz (Situational role) (fts/3s/pts/stls)
Averaging 3.5 threes made /.9 steals  in games over 20 minutes 

Danny Green (Starter / Role may be in jeoporady) (3s/stls/blks)
Averaging 8/3.3/1.3/1.5/1.5 with 2.3 made 3s in last 6 games

Thaddeus Young (Situational Role) (Fg/reb/ast/stls/blks)
Per minute beast. Spurs fanbase and Pop are both very happy with his current production. Potential to take Doug Mcdermott minutes + Small ball 5 minutes.

Killian Hayes (Starter / Room to grow)  (fts/assist/steals)
Still hasn't played 50 NBA games. I think he looks better off ball. Allows him to attack close outs in simplified role. May result in points bump. Top 5 in deflections last season. 3 pointer is looking better as well. If you're punting fg easier to stash him.

Bones Hyland (Role Bump / Stash target) (fts/3s/points/steals)
Bones took 7 shots in 15 minutes of play last game. Great Steal rate in College. Huge need for scoring. Higher scoring upside than Monte

Monte Morris (Starter / Role bump ) (fts/3s?/asts/stl/ast:to)
Huge need for scoring could round out lines. Dont underrate Assist to TO. When competing in Assist, not being the worst in TOs is a huge advantage.

Darius Bazley (starter / Stash for consistency bump)
Darius Bazley is showing life. Will wait for 1 of his percentages to correct for a week before picking up personally but if you're willing to handle being below avg in both % then pick him up.

Kyle Anderson (Potential role bump)
Brandon Clarke (Potential role bump)
Cameron Payne (6th man) (fts/3s/pts/ast/stls)
KJ Martin (Stash) (Fg/reb/stl/blk)

Edited by indigorivers
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Royce O'Neale? Guy has been a steals machine, and his % have been nifty lately. Will provide the occasional 3 and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He isn't a bad bench option at all. Not too flashy... definitely a better "real life" player. But he has some fantasy value right now.

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Coby White might be a nice speculative add and stash. He may return on this road trip. He is practicing in full and way ahead of schedule. 

I'm unsure how he is going to be used with the Bulls' current roster alignment, but quick offense off of the bench is a perfect role for him, and it would seem like he will get that opportunity at some point soon (figuring he has to work his minutes up a bit, he may not see many minutes at first). He can score a lot, and he's a good source of 3s. Also worth noting is near the end of last season his FG% began to creep up.

On the flipside of things, I would have to imagine that there is a decent chance that White is dealt from the new-look Bulls this year, but when that may even happen, I couldn't begin to guess. (Chicago media outlets have mentioned the Bulls are interested in Mo Bamba... that's the only trade rumor I've actually heard from this side of the schoolyard.)

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, nlm said:

Royce O'Neale? Guy has been a steals machine, and his % have been nifty lately. Will provide the occasional 3 and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. He isn't a bad bench option at all. Not too flashy... definitely a better "real life" player. But he has some fantasy value right now.

No question, I stream him numerous times in a 10er . 

Prolly a starter in deeper leagues. 

8 hours ago, nlm said:

Oh yeah. Coby White might be a nice speculative add and stash. He may return on this road trip. He is practicing in full and way ahead of schedule. 

I'm unsure how he is going to be used with the Bulls' current roster alignment, but quick offense off of the bench is a perfect role for him, and it would seem like he will get that opportunity at some point soon (figuring he has to work his minutes up a bit, he may not see many minutes at first). He can score a lot, and he's a good source of 3s. Also worth noting is near the end of last season his FG% began to creep up.

On the flipside of things, I would have to imagine that there is a decent chance that White is dealt from the new-look Bulls this year, but when that may even happen, I couldn't begin to guess. (Chicago media outlets have mentioned the Bulls are interested in Mo Bamba... that's the only trade rumor I've actually heard from this side of the schoolyard.)

If he can be a 6th man Lou Williams type of player, that'd be more than the Bulls could ask for. Caruso is their only real bench contributor and getting anything past 10 points from him is a win. Everyone else so far is just untapped potential.

I'd like to add TJ McConnell if he was dropped in your leagues. LeVert's back is supposedly acting up again and Duarte's really starting to fall off so it wouldn't be surprising to see TJ doing his thing from last season again.

10 hours ago, tazdingo said:

If he can be a 6th man Lou Williams type of player, that'd be more than the Bulls could ask for. Caruso is their only real bench contributor and getting anything past 10 points from him is a win. Everyone else so far is just untapped potential.

I'd like to add TJ McConnell if he was dropped in your leagues. LeVert's back is supposedly acting up again and Duarte's really starting to fall off so it wouldn't be surprising to see TJ doing his thing from last season again.

Yeah right now Bulls are bottom in bench points and 3s, things that White is good at. Think he can carve out 25-30 MPG off the bench once hes healthy?

1 hour ago, mtx said:

Yeah right now Bulls are bottom in bench points and 3s, things that White is good at. Think he can carve out 25-30 MPG off the bench once hes healthy?

25-28 seems about right. He can score off of the bench, but the Bulls already have a lot of options who can score in their lineup and play a lot of minutes. It will be interesting to see how they divide his minutes up with Caruso's once he is fully up to speed.

I also still would not be shocked if he is traded at some point. If he wound up as a starter somewhere, he'd likely hold a lot more value... He was passing the rock better near the end of last season. But I don't think the Bulls ever truly took him seriously as a PG. I don't know if any other teams would either, though...

8 minutes ago, nlm said:

25-28 seems about right. He can score off of the bench, but the Bulls already have a lot of options who can score in their lineup and play a lot of minutes. It will be interesting to see how they divide his minutes up with Caruso's once he is fully up to speed.

I also still would not be shocked if he is traded at some point. If he wound up as a starter somewhere, he'd likely hold a lot more value... He was passing the rock better near the end of last season. But I don't think the Bulls ever truly took him seriously as a PG. I don't know if any other teams would either, though...

He will be my replacement for Sexton, but now I am thinking I should not have dropped PJ Washington for Coby..... I should have dropped Vanderbilt!

1 hour ago, mtx said:

He will be my replacement for Sexton, but now I am thinking I should not have dropped PJ Washington for Coby..... I should have dropped Vanderbilt!

Vanderbilt is currently the last slot on my roster...well, him or McDaniels. My center depth is terrible, so I've been using Vanderbilt there from time to time since he qualifies and at least brings some stocks to the party.

Here's a deep league tout...maybe smaller leagues, but I want to wait and see how Donovan handles the lineups... Vuc is out with Covid and will miss at least the next 10 days. Tony Bradley is the only other center that they really have right now. He is completely underwhelming, but could be looking at 30mpg and can block shots and rebound. I know it isn't the sexiest tout, but if you're like me and using pieces like Vanderbilt and Naz Reid, among others as your Center 2 (assuming you start 2 centers), then I think it's worth taking a risk on Bradley for the next 10-14 days. At the very least, scoop him up before the Bulls' next game and see what happens. Worst case scenario you just send him to the wire. Someone is going to have to replace Vuc's minutes... Alize Johnson may be another guy who sees time, but I have to think Bradley has the leg up. Alize Johnson is also worth monitoring, though... We all remember what he did in his first start of the season last year. That being said, I think the current job will be Bradley's to lose until Vuc clears protocols. 

Edited by nlm
  • Like 1

Picked up Bones and Nassir Little. Doing it for the upside, both are PER beast. 

Not a fan of Roco's on court play. He was put in a ton of different line ups today. Norm didn't play much today. He was GTD with a quad injury but played. I want to see if Nassir can carve out a 24+ minute role.

Bones is just fun and his playmaking will keep him on the court. Most dynamic guard they have and they need it. 

44 minutes ago, indigorivers said:

Picked up Bones and Nassir Little. Doing it for the upside, both are PER beast. 

Not a fan of Roco's on court play. He was put in a ton of different line ups today. Norm didn't play much today. He was GTD with a quad injury but played. I want to see if Nassir can carve out a 24+ minute role.

Bones is just fun and his playmaking will keep him on the court. Most dynamic guard they have and they need it. 

I love the Bones tout. I drafted him. Owned 40% fantrax already so Yahoo peeps should start taking notice. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

At some point in the not-too-distant future Nola will be in lost-season mode. When that fully happens it may be Herb Jones time. 

This may be happening as we speak. 

Yup I stashed him at end of bench for that  reasoning.