NBC Sports EDGE Forums

NBA Waiver Wire thread 2021-22 week 2

3 hours ago, mtx said:

Vanderbilt started tonight because Okogie didn't play?

Payton on speed dial as soon as CP3 misses games?

George Hill until Jrue returns?

The Vanderbilt one is interesting but it might have been matchup dependent going up against Giannis. It's worth a flier to see if it sticks.

I can't believe I'm going to add Kevin Love's name to this list, and I'm strongly considering picking him up just for the boards & the fix at the FT.

Portis might be an option now that he's back and BroLo is on the shelf.

On 11/2/2021 at 5:18 PM, L3onD said:

don’t know if he already started because I can’t stand the Mavs but Jalen Brunson is starting tonight…anything to see here?

turns out, there was a lot to see!

• Thanks 1

Anyone mention Jarred Vanderbilt? Seems to be getting 25 minutes regularly. He isn't turning into Matisse Thybulle, but even if he can regularly average a steal and block a shot now or then, if he sees 25-30 minutes a game he could be a nice cheap option in 2 Center leagues. His averages aren't anything to look at right now, but if the minutes stay where they are or hover close to 30 I wouldn't mind using him as a PF or C option in deeper leagues right now.

I also think that if he's not already owned, Cody Martin might be worth a look for a stream. LaMelo is probable, and while it's likely he' going to play, there's a chance that Charlotte keeps his minutes down a bit (he's actually played under 30 minutes four times this year), opening up more time for Martin (who is still getting minutes after Rozier's return, with 27 and 25 in his last two, respectfully). He simply wasn't productive in his last game, but if minutes are there, he was producing for a good stretch. If he was dropped, or is still on your wire, keep an eye on him...especially if Ball actually sits for some reason. 

According to roto Waiver wired article Vassell owned in only 19% of leagues in Yahoo!!!! Mind boggling.  Fantrax owned in 70%.

5 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

According to roto Waiver wired article Vassell owned in only 19% of leagues in Yahoo!!!! Mind boggling.  Fantrax owned in 70%.

Yahoo is full of casuals. Fantrax is mainly experienced vets 

• Like 1

This is a method to potentially use ONE slot for 7 games next week if your league has IL+ enabled.

This involves two players.

Gary Payton II (1% rostered in Yahoo) - GTD Tag

Danny Green (19% rostered in Yahoo) - GTD Tag

--

Payton & GSW are playing 4 games next week: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Payton's minute have been trending up, but he also plays a lot of garbage time minutes. 3 of the 4 opposing teams are 0.500 or lower which potentially allows Payton to have more minutes than usual next week. He provides a strong source of steals and a little bit of everything else.

Green & PHI are playing 3 games next week: Tues, Thurs, Sat. He's obviously a sneaky good player, but he was recently injured and could be available in your league. The team is also expected to be extremely shorthanded due to injuries and COVID protocols.

Since Payton and Green play opposite days and have the GTD, you can set your lineups in advance for next week, swapping Payton and Green in and out of the IL+ slot.

e.g.

Mon: Start Payton, IL+ Green

Tues: Start Green, IL+ Payton

Sun: Start Payton, IL+ Green

Notes:

- You must do it before Gary Payton loses his GTD tag as he played today.

- It should be apparent already, you cannot do this if you're already occupying your IL+.

- Set your lineups for the entirety of next week. Once either Payton or Green has their GTD tag removed, your roster may be locked until your IL+ slots does not hold a healthy player. Make sure it's locked in a state with all lineups already set.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

10 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

This is a method to potentially use ONE slot for 7 games next week if your league has IL+ enabled.

This involves two players.

Gary Payton II (1% rostered in Yahoo) - GTD Tag

Danny Green (19% rostered in Yahoo) - GTD Tag

--

Payton & GSW are playing 4 games next week: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun. Payton's minute have been trending up, but he also plays a lot of garbage time minutes. 3 of the 4 opposing teams are 0.500 or lower which potentially allows Payton to have more minutes than usual next week. He provides a strong source of steals and a little bit of everything else.

Green & PHI are playing 3 games next week: Tues, Thurs, Sat. He's obviously a sneaky good player, but he was recently injured and could be available in your league. The team is also expected to be extremely shorthanded due to injuries and COVID protocols.

Since Payton and Green play opposite days and have the GTD, you can set your lineups in advance for next week, swapping Payton and Green in and out of the IL+ slot.

e.g.

Mon: Start Payton, IL+ Green

Tues: Start Green, IL+ Payton

Sun: Start Payton, IL+ Green

Notes:

- You must do it before Gary Payton loses his GTD tag as he played today.

- It should be apparent already, you cannot do this if you're already occupying your IL+.

- Set your lineups for the entirety of next week. Once either Payton or Green has their GTD tag removed, your roster may be locked until your IL+ slots does not hold a healthy player. Make sure it's locked in a state with all lineups already set.

While this could work, you wouldn't be able to make any FA adds during the entirety of next week, right? As your roster would be locked and/or if you make an add, Yahoo resets your roster spots / lineups and you have to reset them, I believe. 

13 minutes ago, CFN said:

While this could work, you wouldn't be able to make any FA adds during the entirety of next week, right? As your roster would be locked and/or if you make an add, Yahoo resets your roster spots / lineups and you have to reset them, I believe. 

I don't think it's a question of whether it will work. You're just giving yourself an additional option by using 2 adds from this week.

You still have the choice of breaking out of this strategy next week, but you'll have to create roster room to add a FA which could mean dropping 2 healthy players (this hack sort of expanded your roster with 1 additional player).

If you hadn't set up the strategy in the first place, you won't have an additional hacked roster spot, so you'll still need to drop someone to add a FA anyways.

In both cases, you can still add a FA.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose

25 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Gary Payton II should be picked up anyway, he plays really good lately 

What a pleasant surprise. I picked up him on Nov 4th to stream steals on Fri & today and to use his GTD to setup my lineups for next week with the hacky IL+ method. He far exceeded what I was expecting and now I'm even more excited for next week with 56 total games compare to my opponent's 45. 😁

• DarinB300 unpinned and locked this topic