NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yordan Alvarez 2022 Outlook

UberRebel

43 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

Yordan took a punch to the face from Pena's arm as Pena gloved the flyball and they collided.

He kept rubbing his nose, so that was the impact spot. Better spot than back of head, no? We'll see. I'm optimistic he might be okay, for the most part. But they'll test him.

Just perfect when you not only own Alvarez but Pena too 😢

Sorry guys, I changed my team logo from Vlad to Yordan yesterday. I just had to get cute. If I were a boomer I'm sure I'd miss the days when leagues were strictly on paper right about now. 

1 hour ago, RonnieMac said:

You should go get hit like that and see how you feel after.  I'd imagine you'd probably still be down. 

Honestly, I'm twice Alvarez's age and I think I could have Pena run into me like that five times over and not need a cart to leave the field. I'm not trying to be a tough guy here, but it just didn't really look like that hard of a hit. Broken nose maybe? Eyeball or other facial injury?

EDIT: I see now the cart was probably concussion protocol.

Edited by Baseball Batman
more facts

53 minutes ago, collucho said:

If I were a boomer I'm sure I'd miss the days when leagues were strictly on paper right about now. 

"Elder millenial" here, one day they'll call you boomer for something you used to do too, and get off my lawn.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Baseball Batman said:

Broken nose maybe?

Broken schnozz is probably the worst case scenario from that collision, and it would be cool to see Yordan mash taters while donning a black face mask like Joel Embiid did in the postseason for the Sixers. Kevin Pillar did that last year after his awful HBP and was a straight G for it. Our boy Yordan is tough, he'll avoid the IL, but may be in protocol for a few games.

4 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

Broken schnozz is probably the worst case scenario from that collision, and it would be cool to see Yordan mash taters while donning a black face mask like Joel Embiid did in the postseason for the Sixers. Kevin Pillar did that last year after his awful HBP and was a straight G for it. Our boy Yordan is tough, he'll avoid the IL, but may be in protocol for a few games.

That would be cool to see. Ironic, too, in that Embiid also took an arm to the head from a guy significantly smaller than him in Markelle Fultz. Those "little" guys sure can pack a punch!

8 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Now we're up to two games out with no word on his condition. I keep thinking it is good news that he isn't on the IL, but no word at all isn't helpful. 

Yeah I agree.  I also thought it was good news on Machado and that didn't turn out good with the time he ended up missing.  

40 minutes ago, collucho said:

3 homeruns or I'm worried about his hand.

We get it, troll. You don't understand that the idea was to hit the ball like that without pain in the hand. Hopefully, that issue is behind him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

We get it, troll. You don't understand that the idea was to hit the ball like that without pain in the hand. Hopefully, that issue is behind him. 

Never besmirch my mans invincibility again and we'll call it even. 

🤝

6 hours ago, collucho said:

Never besmirch my mans invincibility again and we'll call it even. 

🤝

You mean the guy who just sat out two days? 

I've had Alvarez on one roster since 2018, the year before he was called up. I'm well aware of what a special talent the guy is. I'm also aware that there is a significant history of injuries. 

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Piotr said:

You mean the guy who just sat out two days? 

I've had Alvarez on one roster since 2018, the year before he was called up. I'm well aware of what a special talent the guy is. I'm also aware that there is a significant history of injuries. 

Why do people keep saying that? He was injured once in 2020 when he was shut down due to his knees. He played the whole time he was called up in 2019. Had the knee issue in 2020 and was shut down. Played a full season last year. Got a little dinged and had covid this year. Other than, 2020, he doesn’t deserve the injury prone tag. And Im not saying this to you cause everyone tends to say this about yordan in this forum

Edited by Picard56

12 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Why do people keep saying that? He was injured once in 2020 when he was shut down due to his knees. He played the whole time he was called up in 2019. Had the knee issue in 2020 and was shut down. Played a full season last year. Got a little dinged and had covid this year. Other than, 2020, he doesn’t deserve the injury prone tag. And Im not saying this to you cause everyone tends to say this about yordan in this forum

any covid absence don't really count has a injury.

On 7/2/2022 at 11:38 PM, Picard56 said:

I specifically avoided the phrase injury prone, but that was no simple knee issue. It just nagged at him for a long time. 

• Like 1

Nice to see the big fella with the walk off blast!