Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Yordan Alvarez 2022 Outlook


UberRebel
 Share

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

True, and you would rather have Vlad than Yordan in a dynasty league but the point is Yordan has the potential to be a Vlad-level bat. This "year" Yordan has a 1.153 OPS to Vlad's 1.036. More interestingly are their career per 162 averages.

Yordan: 44 HR, 131 RBI, .290 BA, .371 OBP, .952 OPS (238 games)

Vlad: 35 HR, 102 RBI, .289 BA, .366 OBP, .888 OPS (354 games)

They were comparable in AAA and AA as well. Yordan had a 1.018 OPS in AAA, 1.005 in AA. Vlad was at 1.013 and 1.120 respectively at AAA and AA.

I'd rather have Vlad but it wouldn't shock me if they wind up having similar careers.

As a Yordan owner I’d be ecstatic if that’s how it cracks. He’s a great bad and I think it is possibly his ceiling but to date like you said Vlad has had the “peak” year already hitting nearly 50 taters and we know Yordan potential but we’re waiting for it to click for a mega season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mike11 said:

As a Yordan owner I’d be ecstatic if that’s how it cracks. He’s a great bad and I think it is possibly his ceiling but to date like you said Vlad has had the “peak” year already hitting nearly 50 taters and we know Yordan potential but we’re waiting for it to click for a mega season.

Me too (also a Yordan dynasty owner). While their career numbers to date are similar, Vlad always has been seen as the better talent. I suspect what will happen is both will have HOF careers, Vlad will be better career vs. career but there will be several seasons where Yordan outperforms Vlad. 

Irrespective of the Vlad comparison, Yordan has a great shot to be a perennial fantasy first rounder as a 4 category monster.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Yordan today with a 97 mph exit velocity single to center… funny part is it was an inside ball that he fought off - the man has so much power. 

More stats:

- 3rd in avg exit velocity in the league at 95.9 behind 2 Yankees (Judge and Stanton)

- 2nd in all of baseball in hard hit %

 

EXPECTED Ranks since April 25th:

- Batting Average .393, which is 2nd in MLB

- Slugging PCT .842, 5th in MLB

- wOBA .546, 2nd in MLB



 

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, first time poster here so forgive me if this is the wrong place:

I have an offer in a dynasty league involving Yordan:

Yordan + Josiah Gray

For 

Bryce Harper + Dakota Hudson

What side would you rather have for a contending fantasy team? Cats are R, RBI, HR, SB, Avg, OBP, Slg and W, SV, Hld, ERA, WHIP, QS

Thanks in advance!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Southpaw20 said:

Hey guys, first time poster here so forgive me if this is the wrong place:

I have an offer in a dynasty league involving Yordan:

Yordan + Josiah Gray

For 

Bryce Harper + Dakota Hudson

What side would you rather have for a contending fantasy team? Cats are R, RBI, HR, SB, Avg, OBP, Slg and W, SV, Hld, ERA, WHIP, QS

Thanks in advance!

No worries. Bench Coach is the place

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

10 homers now and he missed an entire week of action in April.

Somehow not even 20 RBI yet.  Can the Astros start cheating so someone will be on base for his moonshots

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Denbo32 said:

Somehow not even 20 RBI yet.  Can the Astros start cheating so someone will be on base for his moonshots

 

could be worse, I think soto has 8 homers and 9 rbi or something like that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

could be worse, I think soto has 8 homers and 9 rbi or something like that.

8 HR and 11 RBI after today.  Wow......

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

How do we feel about him in dynasty? Does he still have LF eligibility for the next few years?

We feel great. He’s a Top 10 dynasty option in our opinion.  We think he’s going to be in the AL MVP conversation for years to come. 

Yes, especially if your league requires only 10 games played. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, rasto21585 said:

How do we feel about him in dynasty? Does he still have LF eligibility for the next few years?

Clocks in right at 11 for me, looks like they’ll keep using him in the field enough for him to keep eligibility. 
 

https://forums.nbcsportsedge.com/topic/865642-top-50-overall-dynasty-players-ranked-with-tiers-categories/#comment-9761607

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone questioning his OF ability, the big fella made a running catch into the wall the other day to rob maybe a HR. I couldn’t believe it, but the dude is surprisingly very athletic and is a pretty good outfielder. IMO he should have LF / OF eligibility for the majority of his career. I could actually see him getting some starts at 1B in the future. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, StartYourStuds said:

For anyone questioning his OF ability, the big fella made a running catch into the wall the other day to rob maybe a HR. I couldn’t believe it, but the dude is surprisingly very athletic and is a pretty good outfielder. IMO he should have LF / OF eligibility for the majority of his career. I could actually see him getting some starts at 1B in the future. 

God I would love if he gets 1B eligibility. That really would put him right there with Vlad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

For anyone questioning his OF ability, the big fella made a running catch into the wall the other day to rob maybe a HR. I couldn’t believe it, but the dude is surprisingly very athletic and is a pretty good outfielder. IMO he should have LF / OF eligibility for the majority of his career. I could actually see him getting some starts at 1B in the future. 

Feels like once Gurriel finally decides to hang up his cleats, they should just move him to 1st to help protect his knees running in the outfield.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Yordan is easily one of the best hitters in the game.

Look at these career splits:

Pull -        36.6% / AVG .395 / SLG .889

Straight - 37.3% / AVG .403 / SLG .764

Oppo -     26.1% / AVG .389 / SLG .728

 

Career SLG % splits:

-RHP .594   / LHP .559

-Home .576  / Away .586

-vs a Fastball .568   / vs non-fastball .592

 

The consistency is what make him so good. Hits the ball to all fields with power. Hits all pitch types well with power. Hits LHP & RHP evenly with power. Doesn’t K much and takes walks. As a pitcher, it would be a nightmare pitching to him. Not including speed, he is the complete offensive package. 

 

Edited by StartYourStuds
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

Yordan is easily one of the best hitters in the game.

Look at these career splits:

Pull -        36.6% / AVG .395 / SLG .889

Straight - 37.3% / AVG .403 / SLG .764

Oppo -     26.1% / AVG .389 / SLG .728

 

Career SLG % splits:

-RHP .594   / LHP .559

-Home .576  / Away .586

-vs a Fastball .568   / vs non-fastball .592

 

The consistency is what make him so good. Hits the ball to all fields with power. Hits all pitch types well with power. Hits LHP & RHP evenly with power. Doesn’t K much and takes walks. As a pitcher, it would be a nightmare pitching to him. Not including speed, he is the complete offensive package. 

 

It gets better, if you have him in Dynasty he should be a benefactor of the shift. Him and Robert are the Crown Jewels of the “up and coming” dynasty tier where they will likely crack the top 10 this year. Yordan nearly has already with Robert slightly behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, StartYourStuds said:

Yordan is easily one of the best hitters in the game.

Look at these career splits:

Pull -        36.6% / AVG .395 / SLG .889

Straight - 37.3% / AVG .403 / SLG .764

Oppo -     26.1% / AVG .389 / SLG .728

 

Career SLG % splits:

-RHP .594   / LHP .559

-Home .576  / Away .586

-vs a Fastball .568   / vs non-fastball .592

 

The consistency is what make him so good. Hits the ball to all fields with power. Hits all pitch types well with power. Hits LHP & RHP evenly with power. Doesn’t K much and takes walks. As a pitcher, it would be a nightmare pitching to him. Not including speed, he is the complete offensive package. 

 

Also he’s one of the biggest ones effected by the shift. For those in keepers/dynasties watch out next year

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

He's played 28 games so far and played in the OF for 12 of them. Last year it was 41 times in 136 starts (144 games). He won't have any problem retaining OF eligibility. They can't have him in the DH 100% of the time because they want to rotate other players through that spot as well.

 

Quote

 Him and Robert are the Crown Jewels of the “up and coming” dynasty tier where they will likely crack the top 10 this year. Yordan nearly has already with Robert slightly behind.

 The difference between the two is Yordan already has had a monster year (2019). Robert has yet to put it together for a season. Yordan was a monster in 19', is so again this year and was still very good in 21' (he missed all but 2 games in 20'). Yordan is an underrated dynasty asset IMO because he doesn't run. He basically is 90-95% of Vlad.

Edited by Ace_King
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...