Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2021-2022 Outlook

atrium

I hear you and I only own SGA (I think he's the only safe OKC player to own so far) but I hope the management comes to terms and just fires Daigneault. If they want a proper rebuild, they need to commit to 5-6 players young players and concentrate on developing them by just concentrating the minutes on them. This herky-jerky "play a center dependent on the matchup" strategy is for teams who are looking to make the playoffs, not for guys who need minutes and reps to learn the game. Poku, Baz, Roby, Giddey, Maledon, Dort, and whoever else you want to name on that team will look not get any better if his strategy of "15 minutes for this starter, and this starter, and 20 minutes for this starter" continues. In fact, I believe SGA will regress if he sticks to this way.

OKC forwards and centers are absolutely horrible and they're making life hard for the guards.  Bazley right now is a disgusting chucker and they are REALLY missing Horford. 

Early days but some significant warning signs that OKC will actually be the worst team in the league which is horrible for SGA's season long outlook.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

both games having giddey out there is terrible. I take back everything i said about giddey and how he was pistol pete. Its like playing 4 on 5 and coach has to sub in someone who has some experience. I think they fumbled the pick with this one but only time will tell. RJ Hampton looks better than giddey

19 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I hear you and I only own SGA (I think he's the only safe OKC player to own so far) but I hope the management comes to terms and just fires Daigneault. If they want a proper rebuild, they need to commit to 5-6 players young players and concentrate on developing them by just concentrating the minutes on them. This herky-jerky "play a center dependent on the matchup" strategy is for teams who are looking to make the playoffs, not for guys who need minutes and reps to learn the game. Poku, Baz, Roby, Giddey, Maledon, Dort, and whoever else you want to name on that team will look not get any better if his strategy of "15 minutes for this starter, and this starter, and 20 minutes for this starter" continues. In fact, I believe SGA will regress if he sticks to this way.

Did they get a new coach or something?  First time drafting Shai

50 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

He's never finished inside the top 50 in his career but is consistently drafted within the top 30 every year. With his horrible defensive stats, he'll never be what people want him to be. 

People love empty popcorn stats and this OKC team is so bad. Shai may get "shutdown" again this season. I'll take CJ 25-30 picks later.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NashNoTrash said:

Did they get a new coach or something?  First time drafting Shai

It's still the same coach from last season in Daigneault who is proving to be just as bad a Ryan Saunders was for development IMO.

• Like 1

• tonycpsu changed the title to Shai Gilgeous-Alexander 2021-2022 Outlook
3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

trash.....

i hate bazly so much.

need poku shai giddy min together

He's having a pretty good game tonight.... I'm not thrilled with him so far this year either, but kind of a weird night to complain about him

To be honest Shai is really really good.  I don't blame him for not getting assists playing with those trash around him ~~~

For today's game (OKC vs LAC) SGA sleep walks for the first 7 minutes letting Josh Giddey run offense so he can get into rhythm.  After that I counted he had at least 4 passes to an OPEN teammate and they miss wide open 2s and 3s, sometimes even layups.... wtf OKC ~

well lac wised up an ran double teams every time shai initiated the offense in the 4th.

shai is a stud has zero help outside giddy. i think shai had atleast 5 drive and dishes to bazely in the 1st half for wide open 3's and he missed all and airballed some as well. muscala/jerome/theo   are straight turds that have no business getting significant nba min. muscala can atleast shoot a lil.

• Like 1