Franz Wagner 2021-2022 Outlook

Maxemann

I picked him up for Vassell - I actually think he has a clearer path to minutes than some realise.

8th pick (Lottery!) this year, coach loves his versatility and IQ, Orlando is all about development, Okeke may be a better fit at the 4, and when Isaac returns, Okeke might play the backup wing minutes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, babayaga said:

Any magic fans or anyone who has been watching the games have any insight? Looks good on paper

Mate of mine is Magic fan. follows close 

"I think he's already our most consistent player .....which is so fkd hey. Fkn Orlando" 

Pretty accurate tho

• Like 1

His stat profile reminds me of Kyle Anderson but better at shooting the 3, who has a fantasy friendly game given at least 30 mins. He's a swiss army knife who won't hurt your percentages or turnovers. Really smart player. 

Edited by Zakius

6 hours ago, Zakius said:

His stat profile reminds me of Kyle Anderson but better at shooting the 3, who has a fantasy friendly game given at least 30 mins. He's a swiss army knife who won't hurt your percentages or turnovers. Really smart player. 

Ironically his shot, or lack of, was why he fell to where he did. If he was a better shooter he might have gone a few spots higher. That said, so far so good. The spacing in the NBA game has really worked in his favor offensively. He has more room to do his straight line drives and then find the open man. Defensively he's just a monster. He's legit capable of guarding the 1-4 and his wingspan allows him to get deflections and blocks even tho he's not a great lateral athlete or that explosive.

I don't think he's ever going to be an All Star, but as a Michigan fan that watched him a lot and seeing him early in the NBA he can def have a 15 year career as a solid starter, maybe borderline All Star in his prime.

Edited by laurilegend

• tonycpsu changed the title to Franz Wagner 2021-2022 Outlook

Saw the game on TV last night.  This guy looked like the real deal.  I was not aware of how good this guy is until watching him last night.  He drove to the basket, hit threes, rebounded, ran the floor well. 

Franz Wagner hit 10-of-18 shots and five 3-pointers for a career-high 28 points, four rebounds, two assists, two steals and a block in 31 minutes of Monday's 115-97 win over the Wolves.

Wow. He's scored in double figures in every game this season, has hit a 3-pointer in every game and has at least one steal in six straight. He's this year's version of Tyler Herro and is in the early running to be one of the waiver-wire pickups of the year. The Magic stopped a four-game skid with tonight's win.