Devin Vassell 2021-2022 Outlook

Freddiefresh

5 minutes ago, Freddiefresh said:

Great first game off the bench! Whats your take on his role going forward? Is there a possibility he replaces Dougie as a starter? 

Yes or at least 6th man. It’s possible but obviously he is not the hottest pickup tonight. That is Duarte. But once Duarte is off the board it’s worth seeing how this plays out. 

The key is 3p percentage. Dougie is in there to space the floor. But if Vassell can hit 3s like tonight it makes no sense to keep him off the floor. So you have to hold and see if he can keep it up. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I remember being so high on this guy before the start of last season and I never stopped keeping an eye on him even when Keldon overtook his spot as the shiny new toy in the Spurs. Tonight was definitely something worth keeping an eye over him for.

1 hour ago, dfstout said:

In the beginning of the year, it's "scoop first then see" time... 

No doubt, soon as I saw his line I decided who to cut. Always come out of drafts with a few efficiency guys. Usually cut them first because most managers let those unsexy stats sit on the wire. 

• Like 3

Reading spurs forums they thought he was their best player along with Poeltl yesterday. Sounds like his shooting could be a better fit in the first unit than Keldon's high tempo get to the rack approach. Also was crushing in the midrange which was nice to see. 

I already messaged yahoo about adding SF to his positions and you all should too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dfstout said:

In the beginning of the year, it's "scoop first then see" time... later on its watch list time... you never know WHO will be waiver wire scoop of the year, but its for darn certain WHEN that scoop is made and that is within the first few days-weeks of the season traditionally. Don't wanna be right but have the player on your opponent's team.

Amen! Scoop first ask ask later! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, csklmf said:

Keldon Johnson gives you 16 pts 5 rebs and nothing else. Only points league material. 

I think the references to Keldon and the other Spurs players in this thread are not meant as a comparison between them and Devin. They're simply reminders of other players with roles in the team that are worth considering when weighing Devin's value.

In other words, he's not saying Keldon is a wonderful fantasy asset nor better fantasy value than Devin. Rather, Devin's value may be hindered by the presence of Keldon.

Edited by YouSnoozeYouLose
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

This is why I’ll wait for the next game to see if he can have another useful line before I pick. 

Which is why you'll miss out on him because someone smarter than you has already picked him up.  And if he doesn't work out, all they did was cut their worst player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

This is why I’ll wait for the next game to see if he can have another useful line before I pick. 

Just so you know, the spurs have a back to back game Fri/Sat so people may be proactive to pick him up after tonights slots of game so utilize that. Be aware if you are interested in him! Otherwise, you can try and wait to see how he plays