Clint Capela 2021-2022 Outlook

kane

21 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I think Capela has a contract clause/restriction of sorts where he can't be traded this season so that shuts down any trade rumors for Clint this year...

Exactly. They could still shut him down I guess but I think they may be looking to move him after the season so I’m sure they’ll let him play still.

On 1/14/2022 at 5:11 PM, RedRaider27 said:

Make no mistake, Okongwu is the future big man for the Hawks. They will probably trade Capela this offseason or maybe in season next year. But for ROS this year, he’s still gonna produce around his normal stats. I guess there could be some concerns of his getting shut down with how bad the Hawks are and letting Okongwu get most of the minutes but that could happen to any player on any bad team. 

I think I’ve read somewhere everyone on the Hawks roster is available except Capela and Trae

• Like 2

13 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Exactly. They could still shut him down I guess but I think they may be looking to move him after the season so I’m sure they’ll let him play still.

I still think they firmly believe they can get back in the playoffs. I can only see a shutdown happening if there is no chance of them to get in (though their recent struggles are very concerning).

7 hours ago, tazdingo said:

I still think they firmly believe they can get back in the playoffs. I can only see a shutdown happening if there is no chance of them to get in (though their recent struggles are very concerning).

I've wanted to buy but posts like these making me nervous 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I’m kinda worried now. Dude hasn’t been the same since he came back from the ankle sprain and Okongwu is gaining confidence and minutes behind him. Capela was the only Hawk with a negative +/- and Okongwu helped lead the 4th quarter comeback today. The Hawks are on a nice winning streak and Capela won’t just fade away but I think we’re looking at a 50/50 minute split from here on out unless Okongwu hits a wall or something. He’s earned the minutes. Capela just doesn’t look the same right now.

• Like 1

Risk to sit back to backs, also if the hawks did hypothetically give up on the season he’d presumably be sat a lot. This is mostly hypothetical but he’s also on a minutes restriction

Likely the lowest his value will ever be barring more injury/playing time issues

Any capela supporters should buy in now imo, it’s either straight up or down from here. Personally i’d avoid the potential headache, i was able to trade him around when he got the injury and i’m glad i did.

6 minutes ago, Trap said:

Risk to sit back to backs, also if the hawks did hypothetically give up on the season he’d presumably be sat a lot. This is mostly hypothetical but he’s also on a minutes restriction

Likely the lowest his value will ever be barring more injury/playing time issues

Any capela supporters should buy in now imo, it’s either straight up or down from here. Personally i’d avoid the potential headache, i was able to trade him around when he got the injury and i’m glad i did.

Who did you trade for

Luckily was able to handcuff him with Okongwu before it was too late. But man, baby Gobert has not been worth the price tag this year. One of my worst picks, hopefully he can avoid any DNP-rest and shutdown issues. At this point I'd be totally happy if he put up a steady 10/11 with 1.2+ blocks and minimal games missed. Anything more would be gravy. Sigh.

2 hours ago, crocp said:

LOL taco league....

They were his fav players and it was at holmes lowest value and dlos highest value + right before bryants return, glad i got that done tho seeing how injuries have played out

• Haha 1

Minutes split again tonight. I don’t think it really matters who starts, both will be in the mid 20s and both will probably average 8-8-1.5 ROS. Great value if you picked Okongwu off the waiver for free, terrible value if you drafted Capela like we did. I’m definitely following the situation closely but it’s not looking good for Capela.

• Like 3

I used to be in awe of Capela's glorious rebounds, blocks and fg%, and was stoked having drafted him. And this is how he treats me.

TBH, and sorry to the uncool comment but I hope he takes a sabatical from basketball and goes searching for the meaning of life so I can drop him and put me out of my misery

21 hours ago, ez2do4now said:

I used to be in awe of Capela's glorious rebounds, blocks and fg%, and was stoked having drafted him. And this is how he treats me.

TBH, and sorry to the uncool comment but I hope he takes a sabatical from basketball and goes searching for the meaning of life so I can drop him and put me out of my misery

If he was still getting 30 MPG the blocks and rebounds would be there like usual. Instead, he’s not getting 23ish minutes a game and obviously his blocks and rebounding numbers have went down. OO is the future in ATL, so they’ll probably be splitting minutes ROS unless one gets hurt.

19 minutes the 1st three quarters, 1 minute in the 4th. Good news for CC owners, he outpaced OO in minutes and it looks like he played better than him (didn’t see the game tho). I think we all need to accept this is probably what we’re going to get out of him from here on out ROS. 8/8 with 1.5 blocks. Sucks because it isn’t what we drafted but it is what it is at this point.