NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Isaiah Jackson 2021-2022 Outlook

6'10.5" with a 7'5" wingspan, drafted at #22. ESPN's Jonathan Givony (founder of DraftExpress) said he has "historically good quickness for a big man on paper." Jackson didn't participate in the NBA combine, but at Kentucky he was timed with a team-best 10.85 second lane agility time. Shot 54% FG and 70% FT in his lone season in college. FG% jumped to 62% over his final 13 games. Blocked 8 shots against Kansas and 7 shots against Alabama (in only 23 min). Averaged 6.6 blocks per-36 minutes over 5 summer league games. Regularly blocks jumpers. Caris LeVert said Jackson "can guard one through five." Rick Carlisle said, "His defensive versatility is absolutely breathtaking. I just have not seen a guy move, block, change shots, be able to guard any position the way I've seen him be able to do it." Pacer President Kevin Pritchard said, "He's done some things I've not seen in a gym in a long time."

Keep an eye on this kid.

• Like 5

I’m clueless when it comes to rookies. So thanks for this thread. 

He reminds me of that kid from Denver that has so much potential and glimses here and there but never materialized to “star” status…man don’t want to have to use google here…

Kenneth Faried. Duh! Oh man I’m losing it…

Edited by ginocan
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He reminds me of that kid from Denver that has so much potential and glimses here and there but never materialized to “star” status…man don’t want to have to use google here…

I thought you was going to say Bol Bol

A few weeks back, Turner, Sabonis, and Goga were spotted in a corner-three drill. Isaiah Jackson was not practicing with this grouping, leading many to believe he is working with the forwards.

Turner and Sabonis played together a lot in 2020-21. Turner started and played 100% of his 31 mpg at C. Sabonis started and played 49% of his 36 mpg at C, and 51% at PF (presumably when the two shared the court together). Rick Carlisle talked this summer about the importance of staggering Turner and Sabonis's playing time, so it sounds like he prefers Sabonis playing the C position.

This could create an opportunity for Oshae Brissett and Isaiah Jackson at PF. But even if the "Turbonis" minutes/splits do not change, there should be about 25-30 minutes available at the PF position.

Jackson is still raw and l think he will play only about 10 mpg to start, but there's certainly room for more if he plays well, and he may need only 20 mpg to be relevant for fantasy purposes. If an injury strikes the front court or a trade goes down, I will certainly be running to acquire this guy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

A few weeks back, Turner, Sabonis, and Goga were spotted in a corner-three drill. Isaiah Jackson was not practicing with this grouping, leading many to believe he is working with the forwards.

Turner and Sabonis played together a lot in 2020-21. Turner started and played 100% of his 31 mpg at C. Sabonis started and played 49% of his 36 mpg at C, and 51% at PF (presumably when the two shared the court together). Rick Carlisle talked this summer about the importance of staggering Turner and Sabonis's playing time, so it sounds like he prefers Sabonis playing the C position.

This could create an opportunity for Oshae Brissett and Isaiah Jackson at PF. But even if the "Turbonis" minutes/splits do not change, there should be about 25-30 minutes available at the PF position.

Jackson is still raw and l think he will play only about 10 mpg to start, but there's certainly room for more if he plays well, and he may need only 20 mpg to be relevant for fantasy purposes. If an injury strikes the front court or a trade goes down, I will certainly be running to acquire this guy.

I agree with this, but I think Jackson will be getting 8 to maybe 10 mpg as long as there are no injuries in the froncourt. Now, the second anyone gets injured, this is a guy you run for, burn FA priority, or blow your FAAB budget on.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ginocan said:

I was expecting you to say Anthony Randolph  -_-

• Like 1
  • Haha 1