Bobby Portis 2021-2022 Outlook

• tonycpsu changed the title to Bobby Portis 2021-2022 Outlook
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 9:08 AM, bballmaster said:

Hes on our 12 team WW still, his stats can be produced from any other WW player. I don’t see him improving in any way this year. He's an okay streamer but he doesnt do much for you I feel.

i have him now...and hes been doin well lol . i hope lopez out gives him more opp.

Just now, jrmintz said:

I dont want Lopez back

I'm hoping this opens the coach's eye to see that Portis can produce more than Lopez. Is Lopez a better defender? He's always on the perimeter. Also, Middleton is out but I dont see that as an issue on impacting his numbers. Portis needs more minutes and replace Lopez. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, DLG10 said:

Hope Portis gets 25+ mins when Brokeback gets back. 

Really should be the starter imo. 

Portis' mediocre defense could have him coming off the bench. But it really doesn't matter; if he still gets 25+ min, he'll be a standard league guy.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:50 PM, bballmaster said:

I'm hoping this opens the coach's eye to see that Portis can produce more than Lopez. Is Lopez a better defender? He's always on the perimeter. Also, Middleton is out but I dont see that as an issue on impacting his numbers. Portis needs more minutes and replace Lopez. 

I doubt it. But the Bucks are 8-2 over the last 10 games with him playing a big role in it. So you never know. 

18 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I doubt it. But the Bucks are 8-2 over the last 10 games with him playing a big role in it. So you never know. 

He could maintain but I sold him and packaged him with Mikal Bridges. I my regret but I felt like I sold high.

Edited by bballmaster
Mikal bridges instead of jackson

I wouldn't be worried at all. Cousins hasn't played competitive basketball in a long time. Also, by watching the first half of the game against Indiana, I can conclude with assurance that Portis is a good defender in the pnr game, very mobile, unlike the other two big men (one who is an injured 33 year old entering age 34, the other is talented, but slow and a bad defender). Yes, for some reason Carlisle excludes Sabonis from the offense, but Portis did a good job on the Pacers' center (4 pts, 1/8 fg).

Bobby does what he's told and plays with great energy, very good on the roll after the screen and can shoot, boxes out all the time (ok, so does Brook, but Cousins doesn't). He's 27 in a couple of months, already in his prime.

I love what Bobby has done to start the season, but any change should give us at least a little bit of pause. Still, I think any worry brought about from the non-guaranteed signing of a 31-year old DeMarcus Cousins can or should be trumped by what it means regarding the Brook Lopez's injury. This Bucks team is really shallow behind Giannis and Portis. My guess is they've been eyeing depth pieces for a few weeks now and simply found their man.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
typo