Jump to content

Draymond Green 2021-2022 Outlook


80version
 Share

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

Per the sideline reports during last nights Dubs/Blazers game..."hopefully soon" and "return is imminent." I'm tired of these games. 😩

When I heard that and they used the word imminent. I was actually a little more encouraged that it truly will be 3-4 weeks and not longer. Maybe I am naive, but I believe that he will be back in time to be useful now.

I have been holding this whole time in my IR, but I was beginning to contemplate dropping because I had little confidence in Dray’s “hoping 3-4 weeks” assessment. Cause for me, if this goes beyond 4 weeks I don’t think he is useful to hold anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

When I heard that and they used the word imminent. I was actually a little more encouraged that it truly will be 3-4 weeks and not longer. Maybe I am naive, but I believe that he will be back in time to be useful now.

I have been holding this whole time in my IR, but I was beginning to contemplate dropping because I had little confidence in Dray’s “hoping 3-4 weeks” assessment. Cause for me, if this goes beyond 4 weeks I don’t think he is useful to hold anymore.

Exactly. I wash dumbfounded when she said "imminent." Hahaha. Especially after he seemed so wishy washy during the all star game interview. I think my team can manage week one of our playoffs without him (he's projected back middle of our week 1), so him getting a couple games to warm up and him being back to decent shape for the second round would actually do wonders for me. Fingers crossed I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It ain't good news, it ain't bad news, but it's news.

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/draymond-green-injury-update-warriors-star-returns-to-practice-for-first-time-since-january/

 

Direct quote from him in the article:

 

"Like I said, as soon as I feel like I'm whole and can get back out there and get my feet back under me before the playoffs, great," Green said. "If that's 15 games, fantastic. If it's 10, I'll make do. If it's five, then five is going to have to work."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 games is March 12th vs. Milwaukee

10 games is March 23rd at Miami

5 games is April 2nd vs. Utah

 

I'm sure the 15, 10, and 5 game marks aren't static. I'm sure if he's good he'll come back with 13 games remaining for example, but it's nice to see a possible timeline for windows I'm assuming they've discussed/have thought about him returning in.

 

EDIT:  He has back-to-backs on March 22/23, March 27/28, and April 2/3. Something else to consider depending on your playoff schedule.

Edited by FroButtons
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What are your thoughts on Green's playing time once back? Heavy min restrictions or not? There are 3 b2b games left once he returns.

Warriors need him as the glue guy and defensive anchor last month of regular season.

Green stated in his recent podcast that he'll be back on the 14th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GaryTMA said:

What are your thoughts on Green's playing time once back? Heavy min restrictions or not? There are 3 b2b games left once he returns.

Warriors need him as the glue guy and defensive anchor last month of regular season.

Green stated in his recent podcast that he'll be back on the 14th.

He’s going to need a couple weeks to ramp back up, so I’m considering the drop in a league where I don’t have a bye and won’t have the luxury of waiting for him to work “up to” a 24 minute roll.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 80version said:

He’s going to need a couple weeks to ramp back up, so I’m considering the drop in a league where I don’t have a bye and won’t have the luxury of waiting for him to work “up to” a 24 minute roll.  

Agreed. They need him more for the playoff run than these last few weeks. So I say 15-20 minutes the first week or so and then maybe last week or two he might hit 25-30 to get him playoff ready.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...