NBC Sports EDGE Forums

SCOTTIE BARNES OUTLOOK 2021-2022

BykeINIT

2 hours ago, ILuvABGs said:

With no stocks he's just another Hachimura but hopefully those are coming.

I don't think that's a fair comparison if you watched him in the games. I honestly haven't seen a rookie come in and be asked to guard the other teams top player in his first games (Beal, Tatum, Luka).

The stocks are definitely going to come as he's super long and active. As well, should see a nice uptick in his assists when he becomes more comfortable with the speed of the NBA game

• Like 1

2 hours ago, squidthunder said:

I don't think that's a fair comparison if you watched him in the games. I honestly haven't seen a rookie come in and be asked to guard the other teams top player in his first games (Beal, Tatum, Luka).

The stocks are definitely going to come as he's super long and active. As well, should see a nice uptick in his assists when he becomes more comfortable with the speed of the NBA game

He's a good player and very promising IRL but from a sheer fantasy perspective he just seems Hachimura-esque to me. A guy who on avg will give you 15 points, 8 boards, 1 or 2 assists, below avg to avg FG%, and more often than not no threes. The difference would be the stocks but overall I'm not fully sold on the hype just yet fantasy-wise.

12 minutes ago, ILuvABGs said:

He's a good player and very promising IRL but from a sheer fantasy perspective he just seems Hachimura-esque to me. A guy who on avg will give you 15 points, 8 boards, 1 or 2 assists, below avg to avg FG%, and more often than not no threes. The difference would be the stocks but overall I'm not fully sold on the hype just yet fantasy-wise.

Hachimura is a horrible comparison, and you are making this comparison based on a 3 game sample size.  Look at his college stats and summer league / preseason stats to see his assist and stock potential.

FSU senior year:  4 assists, 1.5 steal, .5 block in 24 minutes

summer league stats:  4 assists, 1.3 steals, 2.5 blocks in 27 minutes

preseason stats:  6 assists, 1.2 steals, 1.2 blocks in 26 minutes

Edited by El_Chingon
n/a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, Zakius said:

I like this guy, and I sure hope that he gets 27+ mins a game once Siakam gets back. Is this realistic? What do you guys think? 

I've watched every Raps game so far, and I've been impressed. He's out there playing tough D and being active. Just the kinda stuff Nurse is preaching to everyone else

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Zakius said:

I like this guy, and I sure hope that he gets 27+ mins a game once Siakam gets back. Is this realistic? What do you guys think? 

Expect the Raps to lean into an all wings lineup with OG moving down to the 2 when Pascal returns. Barnes has been super impressive in only 3 games while Dragic and Trent have struggled. The Raps will roll out some crazy lineups to maximize their length and athleticism, should be a lot of fun to watch

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kane said:

No assist and those to really hurts his value

Yup - he wasn't good today, and to be honest, all the Raps were terrible.

The Raps missed every shot at the rim tonight, and their defense was really poor. Derozan + Lavine combo was deadly.

I do think the assists will come from Scottie, but he's trying to do the perfect pass out there. I think he had at least 3-4 TO on trying to make this backdoor cut passes that the defense just swallowed up. And he had a crucial TO late in the game with an errant pass.

If I'm giving him praise some nights, I got to be here giving him the gears when he's bad as well

• Like 2