NBC Sports EDGE Forums

SCOTTIE BARNES OUTLOOK 2021-2022

BykeINIT

• BykeINIT changed the title to SCOTTIE BARNES OUTLOOK 2021-2022
4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

ROY winner, Scottie can do it all.

In the preseason he is averaging 10 pts, 5.7 reb, 6.3 ast (!), 1 st, 1.3 blk.  I know it's  still preseason, but potential and opportunity are here. 

Plus, his energy and positive vibe is contagious

I like his potential providing stats across the board, possibly groomed to become their future starting pg with FVV, OG, Spicy P, Birch/Boucher. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

I like his potential providing stats across the board, possibly groomed to become their future starting pg with FVV, OG, Spicy P, Birch/Boucher. 

Starting PG?

How's his 3 ball?

Edited by DLG10

5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Not even close to being a full time starting PG. He's more like a forward that can handle the ball. He doesn't have alot of dribble moves to beat guys 1 on 1 at the moment. 

I'm certain he will see the floor even with Siakam around, but his shooting flaws will likely limit his fantasy appeal. Excellent late pick though. He's more athletic than Draymond. Could become a nice FG% anchor so long as he stops shooting threes, but I don't think that will happen with the Raptors prioritizing his development. Hopefully his FT% improves from his lone year in college. 62.1% ain't good.

As a fantasy pick I don’t know how he’ll do this year… has a lot of the strengths/weaknesses as Simmons: low threes, poor FT% but strong assists and stocks. *So he will be perfect for a punt3/ft build, but dicey for others.

Next year he should be a beast. 

Edited by Eltoro

1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

I'm certain he will see the floor even with Siakam around, but his shooting flaws will likely limit his fantasy appeal. Excellent late pick though. He's more athletic than Draymond. Could become a nice FG% anchor so long as he stops shooting threes, but I don't think that will happen with the Raptors prioritizing his development. Hopefully his FT% improves from his lone year in college. 62.1% ain't good.

Well he's on the right team for player development (e.g. OG, Siakam)

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

FT% is nothing to worry about. Future ROY will be an opportunistic scorrer, so his FTA will be low (around 2 per game).

I am very excited about assists, steals and blocks (prediction is 5.5/2/1.2 per game).

Top 75 finish in standard 9 cat leagues 

2 steals that's bold projection, FWIW I have been impressed in preseason. 

I hate that the genie is out of the bottle!  After 3 out of 6 drafts I've done, I haven't been able to get him because people are jumping all over him. So much for a late round sleeper!

Trying to grab at least a share or two in my next drafts, but he ain't no secret no more!

On 10/13/2021 at 1:12 AM, Gile Pile said:

I am very excited about assists, steals and blocks (prediction is 5.5/2/1.2 per game).

You're predicting him as a rookie to have 2 BPG and 1 SPG. At 2 and 1.2 he would do what ZERO NBA players were able to do last year. At 2+ BPG and 1+ SPG, only Nerlens Noel did that last year. Do you see him blocking 6 and stealing 3.5 per game in his second season? wink wink nudge nudge

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rando said:

You're predicting him as a rookie to have 2 BPG and 1 SPG. At 2 and 1.2 he would do what ZERO NBA players were able to do last year. At 2+ BPG and 1+ SPG, only Nerlens Noel did that last year. Do you see him blocking 6 and stealing 3.5 per game in his second season? wink wink nudge nudge

It's a bold prediction coming from a Raptors homer so it's understandable but unlikely. 

On 10/12/2021 at 10:12 PM, Gile Pile said:

1 hour ago, rando said:

For the record: I predicted 5.5 assists, 2 steals, 1.2 blocks per game.   In the preseason so far (5 games) Scottie as at 5.6/1.2/12.

Almost there 😃

12 hours ago, MikeXScott said:

Perfect utility guy, I don't see why you'd have to punt any cats to roster this kid, minimal ft% hit on low volume , add in half a three, n basically checks every other box. Can transition into the point guard role by mid season and really take off. Elite 

As someone said above, he will not ever play real-life PG.  But he is a forward who can make plays and get out of position assists, which is extremely valuable for fantasy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's a bold prediction coming from a Raptors homer so it's understandable but unlikely. 

Okay, but I bet he didn't figure what kind of block and steal rates it would require with the minutes he will play this season.

This guy attacks the rim hard. He's going to draw fouls. Kinda feels like a poor man's Ben Simmons, except he won't hurt nearly as much from the line and may chip in a three-ball here or there. Hell, maybe he's a rich man's Ben Simmons. Problem is, if he's shooting threes, you can be sure his FG% impact won't be great. He made only 11 of 40 in college and 3 of 19 through the summer and preseason. My worry is the team will encourage him to continue shooting to aid in his develop. Good if you're a Raptor fan, maybe not so good for fantasy. His block numbers through the summer and preseason have been the biggest surprise. He's blocked 14 shots through 9 summer/preseason games. In college his block rate was only 2.1% (0.7 per-40 minutes). Can't wait to see his debut on Wednesday. I think he's gonna crush it.

• Like 3