NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2022 Stashes

*Mods please move to bench coach if necessary.  But this isnt a personal question,  but rather one for everyone in keepers or possibly dynasties.

Who  are some overlooked, possibly forgotten about guys  that should be on end of year rosters as keepers ?

Obviously  every league is different wrt keeper #s etc, but hopefully some knowledge can be spread.  This may be too broad of a question,but the season is ending.

Some guys off the top of my head:

Clevinger, verlander, severino,  syndergaard, julio  rodriguez, adley rustchman, torkleson

By Position

C - Varsho and Ruiz - Both have been solid towards the end of the season and I think more to come.

1B - Belt - Finished season with broken hand, but when healthy, was good.  Older, but might be good value.  Dalbec - slowed a little as of late and not sure if he's really figured anything out, but worth monitoring.

2B - N. Lopez - Avg and Steals and could be overlooked.  I think he's real.  

3B - Hayes

SS - 

OF - Thomas, Benintindi, Bader - Finishing strong and upside.  Renfroe already mentioned.

SP - All the injured guys mentioned in the 1st post.  Suzrez looks like he might be real.  Marlins SP's might be discounted due to lack of wins.

Prospects still in Minors - Duran - didn't do great 1st time up.  Think he could go under the radar and breakout because of that.  Miranda - exploded onto the scene, but still feels like he's under-rated.  Pratto - Feel he's been ignored a bit and seems to have figured things out.  Casas - I think he will be up early next year and put up solid power numbers.  Josh Lowe - Elite production and got a small taste this year.  Leon - Raw, but talented.  At AAA and could play OF or SS for Astros next year.

• Thanks 2

Really liking Lane Thomas as a value for next year.

Over his 41 contests since being acquired from the Cardinals in late July, Thomas is slashing .281/.376/.512 with seven home runs, four stolen bases, 31 runs and 25 RBI.

Cards love forking over quality OFs to other teams!

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Really liking Lane Thomas as a value for next year.

Over his 41 contests since being acquired from the Cardinals in late July, Thomas is slashing .281/.376/.512 with seven home runs, four stolen bases, 31 runs and 25 RBI.

Cards love forking over quality OFs to other teams!

to be fair that was actually a toronto cast off

37 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

to be fair that was actually a toronto cast off

When?  Way back in the minors?  Because Lane Thomas has only played for St Louis in the majors since coming up part time in 2019.  And they traded him to Washington for Jon Lester was it?  One of the few trades Washington got a good deal on.

Don't forget Jazz Chisholm at SS despite the fact the Marlins line-up sucks otherwise.  Some decent power and steals.

Pitching?  I'll add Cal Quntrill to the aforementioned Ranger Suarez and Eric Lauer as part of the second half guys that broke out in a big way.  Meanwhile Logan Webb was one of the biggest pitching steals of the year.  Pablo Lopez was injured a lot of the second half but was outstanding the first half.  Then there was Tony Disco out in Frisco with it's spacious park.  Deeper diving?  Patrick Sandoval showed a little something before going on the IL.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Some good stuff here, ive already started a list of guys to grab on the last day.

Id add Bobby Witt as a guy who shouldnt be available in any keeper league.  

Also carlos carrasco was a popular sp2/3 type during draft season that might be a good get in certain leagues.

A few guys that might have been dropped due to injury/performance/suspension: C.Frazier, D.Smith, C.Biggio, R.Laureano

Strong finishes: I.Happ, JP. Crawford, N.Lowe, L.Garcia(2B), H.Dozier. 

Something I've been looking at lately is closers that are FA in the offseason. The only two big names I've come up with are Jansen and Iglesias. No idea who takes over either job or if either actually leaves, but an interesting thing to look at in dynasty type leagues where every closer+anyone who has a shot at closing is rostered. 

Edit: forgot K.Giles as a long shot closer speculation. 

Edited by mavsfan23

4 hours ago, 5catstud said:

Aaron Ashby. He's got wicked stuff and If he starts next year he'll do well.

Yeah, I really like Ashby. I’m hoping he has a rotation spot next year. If he does, he’ll be one of my keepers. 

14 hours ago, mavsfan23 said:

A few guys that might have been dropped due to injury/performance/suspension: C.Frazier, D.Smith, C.Biggio, R.Laureano

Strong finishes: I.Happ, JP. Crawford, N.Lowe, L.Garcia(2B), H.Dozier. 

Something I've been looking at lately is closers that are FA in the offseason. The only two big names I've come up with are Jansen and Iglesias. No idea who takes over either job or if either actually leaves, but an interesting thing to look at in dynasty type leagues where every closer+anyone who has a shot at closing is rostered. 

Edit: forgot K.Giles as a long shot closer speculation. 

Rosenthal might be a better gamble than Giles.

8 hours ago, dan said:

Rosenthal might be a better gamble than Giles.

Is he, though? Rosenthal has no contract for 2022. At least Giles has a contract with the Mariners for next season, and no one stepped up and made a strong case for closer. It would seem that Giles has a much clearer path to save opps. 

Juan Yepez / Steven Kwan / Tyrone Taylor / Jose Miranda / Josh Winder / Nate Pearson / Alec Bohm / Jazz Chisholm / Michael Conforto / Alex Kirilloff / Oneil Cruz / Nick Pratto / Vinnie Pasquantino / Brennen Davis / Aaron Ashby / Sam Long / Edward Cabrera / Matthew Liberatore / Alec Marsh / Cole Winn / Cole Sands / Adrian Martinez / Ross Stripling / Danny Duffy / Luis Garcia WSH / Rodolfo Castro / Diego Castillo (Pirates) / Brandon Marsh / Oswald Peraza / Chris Archer / Yonny Chirinos / Willie Calhoun

Edited by PoundMyBeef
  • Like 2

What's the deal with Tyler Nevin? Son of a former big bopper, I remembered he made his debut earlier this year but his Dad Phil unfortunately had to miss the game because he had COVID. He hit an absolute moonshot to the 3rd deck off Ryu today, and has been scorching the ball in the last week. Given the pedigree, the ballpark and an Orioles lineup that is very underrated, sign me up. 

Oneil Cruz was called up yesterday and has had an impressive 2-day major league debut hitting a 400+ homer in today's game.  Don't sleep on this freak of nature as in he is 6' 7" tall and 210 lbs.and still plays an excellent shortstop by all reports.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 9/30/2021 at 9:54 PM, charger_ss24 said:

This will be a great thread in the off season. Thanks @Cesare13!

I tbought it would be helpful for just a day or 2, but seeing the names on here makes me agree with you. An alternate title for the thread can be "Who am i going to reach for and be dissapointed  in?"😄

Edited by Cesare13
  • Haha 1